South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 06:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Fabulous Friday Beach Chat 5/23

Good morning chicks! It is a gorgeous day, and I get to go camping today!!

Oh darned, the power is off at work to change over the electrical system while remodeling, so I go in at 11 instead of 9. I have plenty to keep me busy, between grandparents day at school, and packing for camping.

I am going to bring the black bean and corn salad, since I have all the ingredients, and my kids really like it as well.

Any one else with holiday weekend plans, at least for us American folks?
Old 05-23-2014, 06:33 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning!
To quote Tammy, "Oh darned", they added today to our Memorial Day break since we didn't use all of our snow days. I now have a 4 day weekend rather than 3.

My plans (besides waiting for the coffee to finish) center around the lawn and garden. Finish the veggie planting and find a place for the fancy daylilies I ordered. If it rains I will just have to sit on the couch and read a book. Of course there will also be the normal niggles: laundry, groceries, and cleaning but I can spread them out over twice the time.

Tammy, have a great trip!
To other the other chicks to come, Happy Friday!!
Old 05-23-2014, 06:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

You didn't use all your snow days?! I bet those upstate NY people are a little more sturdy than us middle PA people....we used more than our share . Enjoy your time off!
Old 05-23-2014, 06:44 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Tammy, and chicks to come. Tammy, you've been looking forward to camping for a while. Remember my back field has electricity and water. There's also a camping park here.

Had a great sleep last night after a hectic day. So nice to wake up feeling refreshed. We had one heck of a T-storm last night but the power stayed on. I'm starting to consider that a real blessing rather than just the daily norm!

Went to town yesterday and picked up plants for the Mill and Town Hall planters. The staff planted them under my supervision and watered them in. They are now working on figuring out a way to get water to them without having to lug it from the Town Hall kitchen. Seems silly to do that with the water rushing under the bridge and through the Mill. We'll see what they come up with.

Off to Brockville again this morning to pick up signs, banners and balloons for Doors Open. Hope to be home just after ten to plant my front porch flowerboxes. Then my sister and I are meeting for lunch at The Cove over in Westport. I've not seen her since before Christmas so it should be a good long lunch as we catch up!

ETA: Beth, good morning. You shocked me when you mentioned *snow*! I can do without for the next five years! I hope you get a good day of gardening under your belt so good for the soul!

Wishing us all a fabulous Friday.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Mmmmm, coffee.

Tammy, You're up bright and early this morning! Did you get any of those wicked storms yesterday?

Beth, enjoy your extra day off! The kids here have to make up 7 snow days, but they do have Monday off. That gives me a 4-day weekend, too.

Ruth, I see you have another busy day, as usual. Enjoy your lunch date with your sister!

Jake and I have to go get his photo license renewed this morning, then going grocery shopping afterwards, and we have to pick up pool supplies at the hardware store. I have a lunch date with my Dad, and want to find time to through in a couple loads of laundry, but that may have to wait until tonight.
We're having our holiday cook-out on Sunday, so tomorrow will be spent cleaning and getting ready for that.

We had some pretty severe weather come through yesterday, but thank goodness most of them went around us!
Old 05-23-2014, 07:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I have a long list of errands that I'll split between this morning and tomorrow morning. I work this afternoon (and the next two days as well).

Saw DS for a bit yesterday. We even had dinner together. He wanted Chinese. I got one of the gluten free entrees and I'm thinking it was the healthiest Chinese meal I've ever had! They steam instead of stir fry, just the protein with veggies, white sauce on the side. Oh, brown rice. Rather bland though.

Have a great day.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:23 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

good morning Chicks. Today is starting rainy so we will do a very little light shopping then some birding and a walk this afternoon. We will head home late in the day to avoid the holiday crowds tomorrow. Hope there is some sun shining through where you are.

Last edited by CyndiM; 05-23-2014 at 08:24 AM.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:27 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

No plans here other than work. DH and DD are heading over the hill to mow lawns and soak while I move forward on the rental.

Have a great day everyone sounds like there are lots of great plans!
Old 05-23-2014, 08:36 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I drove in to work today to deliver school fundraiser pizzas but I am headed home after the 8 a.m. call. It is DD2 last day of school and I want to be home for that and she is having an end of school year party at our house. They technically had 10 snow days to make up but since they are moving to a new school the teachers needed the time to start the move.

DD2 is bringing all kinds of things home she is so excited. She brought balls of yarn for the kitty. This morning I woke up and there is yarn all around the kitchen lol, I am sure he had fun with it.

Twynn enjoy your camping trip.

Cottage enjoy your 4 day weekend and your lunch with your dad.

Ruth you will have to let us know if they come up with a great idea of how to water. Enjoy your lunch with your sister

Beth hope you get to garden today

Karen glad you were able to spend some time with DS.

Cyndi enjoy your last day there

Debbie I hope you get everything accomplished on your to do list

Have a great Weekend everyone!!!
Closed Thread