Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 04-13-2014, 05:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/ticker/130

Smile It's the end of my first week and---

I'm 5 pounds down! Woo!

This is the most weight I have ever lost in a week of dieting. I understand that I won't always get these types of results, but I'm still really happy.

So ready to go back to the gym tomorrow and keep going.

95 lbs to go...
rosesandholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/191/117

Height: 5'5"

Awesome sauce! I'm right about where you are just into the 3rd day of week 2. I went down 4 lbs the 1st week which felt really nice You're motivating me to follow through on one of my mini goals and get signed up to a gym stat!

Congrats on a great 1st week!
Lea de Lonval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:29 PM   #3  

I wouldn't be able to afford a gym membership if my insurance (Medicare) didn't cover it. If you have insurance, it's probably worthwhile to ask if you can join a gym under your plan. Insurance companies want to keep you healthy so they don't have to pay out big claims!
Old 04-13-2014, 05:37 PM   #4  

^^ LOL! Indeed they do! I'm hoping to be into the gym but the end of the month but if not next month for sure! I've found a wonderful 24hr independent gym in my area that's very affordable so I'll be able to make it work
Old 04-13-2014, 05:41 PM   #5  

I can't wait till I'm under 200 lbs by the way (noticing your ticker). When I get there, that will be about 1/3 of my journey gone, and I'll probably have a mini party.

I wish you the best on your journey--that you and I both fix our weight problems for good.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:52 PM   #6  

Hahaha! A mini party sounds like a great plan Roses! And yes, yes, yes to maintenance! I've been close to my goal weight before and maintained it for several years but didn't appreciate/see it for what it was and let it slip away. Not this time. Looking back I could kick myself for not being nicer to myself and appreciating what I had worked HARD to achieve. This time I'll be much more active and aware of maintaining. I wish you the best too Roses and look foward to celebrating with you at 'The Mini Party!'
Old 04-13-2014, 06:06 PM   #7  

I have been dieting on and off since I was 12 or 13 (20+ years), and I've never done both diet and exercise. I always wanted the easy way. At this point I am so sick and tired of being on the merry go round that my lazy butt is finally doing both and I am adamant that it isn't a diet--it's forever, what ever it takes. No bull. No excuses.

I don't know how long it will take, but I'll tell you about that party when I get there. Not if.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:19 PM   #8  
maintaining since 9/2013

Way to go!
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/242/150

Height: 5'8"

congrats. great progress in a week's time..
momcandoit_2014 is offline   Reply With Quote