South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 06:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Maaahhhvelous Monday on the Beach 3/31

Well, we can hope it will be marvelous, right? It IS the last day of March, and we have 50's on the weather forecast all week. I did see sn!w yesterday, but we will hopefully make up for it today!!

The scale is being kind, but I know it's due to my lack of sleep with some anxiety about life events thrown in. Hopefully, this will keep up in April and I can slim down a bit (LOL...the weight loss continuing, not the lack of sleep and anxiety!). I know I won't maintain as low as I did previously, but hopefully lower than I am now .

Today is a short but stressful day, then lots of niggles. DS' birthday is tomorrow, so a few last minute things to do for that. And yes chicks, he is insisting on crack slaw/stir fry for supper!
Old 03-31-2014, 06:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Yes, it will be a Marvelous Monday because we're all going to make it that way.

Tammy, there were reports of snow near us, but all we got was sleet and lots of rain. It sure was raw and miserable outside all day.

We're supposed to see the sun this afternoon, a rare sight lately. Since today is the last day of Fox Hunting, Cindy is keeping the girls out of school and taking them with her, so it will be a quiet day for me, and I'll probably get off early. I'm hoping my car will be done tomorrow so I can finally get it back!

Paul is serving coffee this morning. Who needs a cup?
Old 03-31-2014, 07:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Tammy I love your optimism!!!

Linda no sun here either. Actually it is nasty out.

I am getting ready to leave for class soon. It is only 6 minutes from the hotel. I am sure there will be a security check point since it is being held at the NYS Police Academy.

Had a nice dinner with Joe and his son. Just pizza, but boy did it hit the spot. Thankfully there is no scale in my hotel room lol

Time for more coffee Have a great day.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:12 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks, Paul. No Baileys in mine today though. I managed to gain 5 pounds in March! It was such a stressful and lousy month that I got into comfort food. I blame it all on Disney and the Dentist.

The play yesterday was very enjoyable although I doubt it will make it to Broadway. The author was there - he drove here from Toronto in the snow which impressed everyone mightily. The theatre group even made a bit of money - usually they just break even if they are lucky.

No meetings this week - so far! The furnace guy comes this morning for the annual tune-up and I have a recheck with the periodontist on Wednesday so I'm golden. Maybe if I don't read emails or take phone calls it'll stay that way. We are having spring-like weather but there will be no spring gardening until the snow has melted and the ground dries. I'm sure I can find something to "fill in the time".

Vamoose March! March outta here! I'm ready for Spring!
Old 03-31-2014, 07:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. DH and I will start our long drive home in about an hour, waiting until later to hopefully avoid the worst of rush hour. HS is dressed for work and will be out the door in moments. I spent last night with my mom in her hotel room so DS could have his own bed; DH slept on the air mattress. We had a nice visit but will be happy to get home and I am sure DS is ready to have his parents out of here.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:33 AM   #6  

Good Morning Ladies,

I will definitely take some of that coffee if there is any left but I will wait til later to have some baileys...maybe lots of baileys I hate to rant but Mark is due to go to the doctor today & you know how men can be about going to the doctor. He is diabetic and has a nasty infection in his big toe that he's been refusing to treat and has now caused his foot to double in size and spread to his leg. Furthermore, since his diabetes is borderline and is managed via weight control/diet I try to steer him in the right direction with how we cook but I go over last night after work and he says oh guess what I bought some butter pecan ice cream then tries to tell me that the brown rice I was fixing with our salmon and broccoli is bad for him but butter pecan ice cream is healthy Sometimes it's like beating your head against a wall. Anyway, I am just doing the usual computer work today and possibly going to his place.

Karen..Have a safe trip home.

Twynn..Have fun celebrating DS b-day.

Ruth...Love your plan for avoiding meetings I wonder if it will work.

Cottage...Hope you get your car back soon.

Jekel...Ummm pizza who can resist. That is one of my diet downfalls.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Hello ladies,

Sorry for my absence, last week was my birthday and Spring Break. Dh, surprised us with a last minute trip to the beach and we stayed there the entire week. The weather was terrible, it rained all the time and it was cold...but the kids had a great time. We managed to go to the beach twice when it warm up a bit. At least we got to relax and the the kids had lots of fun in the hotel pool.

Today, I'm back to phase 1, since last week I ate some sweets and grains. I think I'm going to stay in phase 1 two more weeks and then I would like to stay away from sugar and keep my carbs low.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:25 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening ladies! We are finally having some spring-like weather today: almost 50* and sunny!! Hooray! I cannot wait to see the snow go but that sunshine certainly improves my frame of mind.

Welcome back from your trip, Muffin! Sounds delightful.
Pearlygirl, it can be frustrating dealing with loved ones, can't it?
Karen, hope you are having a safe trip home.
Jennifer, I hope your training was, dare I say, interesting? I seriously considered a planned pizza cheat on my un-birthday but didn't follow through.

Have a great evening, chicks!
Closed Thread