Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-15-2013, 12:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/see ticker/125

Height: 5 feet even

Default I should have ALL the motivation right now . . yet.

So, I'm engaged officially and getting married March 22nd. On top of that, we are going to try and start a family pretty soon thereafter.

Sooo, I should have all the motivation in the world to go ahead and get rid of this last 20lbs, but I find that I've lost a bit of my mojo.

I know it's stress eating, but i find I nibble and just in general sabotage my efforts.

I need to focus and get this done. I'll be so glad I did, but it's getting it done that's the challenge.

Any words of wisdom? Something that made ya'll buckle down and get it done in a cinch situation like this?
Katydid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

We have a rather conspicuous lack of advice here. That's because if we knew the answer, we would write a book, become rich and famous and live happily [thin] ever after.

Congratulations on your engagement! Try and enjoy it rather than stressing out.

The only thing that sometimes helps me stay on track is reading about diet or exercise or lifestyle changes. What others have been able to accomplish occasionally inspires me. Not always, though.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

The only thing that worked for me to Do It was: An unfortunate "I'll show THEM!" attitude (someone else's wedding), a laser focus, planned meals, telling others "I'm on a weight loss challenge for $$" (true at the time, but also worked!) so they'd leave you alone, exercise every day, 64 oz. of water every day, and those weight loss pills (may have been a placebo effect).

Of those, Laser Focus was key.

Congrats!!
Inkrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #4  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

The best advice is to just do it, and refuse any excuses. But that's easier said than done, isn't it?

Congratulations in your engagement!

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 12-16-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #5  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Congrats! I gained weight during the year I got married even though I was sure I would lose because my motivation was so high. Sigh. But that was a long time ago and I've learned a lot since then. One of the things I learned is that motivation isn't nearly as powerful as a good strategy. What structures and techniques could you use to get yourself to eat less / healthier and move more?

Last edited by gardenerjoy; 12-16-2013 at 02:57 PM.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:26 AM   #6  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Go shopping for your dress and then hang it up right where you will see it constantly. Focus on the fun parts of planning your wedding.

I also find that exercise helps me stay focused.

Create a meal plan and follow it. Don't focus on anything except for the day you're on. Make sure to have healthy snacks easily available and don't let yourself get too hungry. A little hungry is ok, starving is not.

Use visualization. I know it sounds corny but close your eyes and try to imagine yourself on your wedding day looking like your goal self. Focus on how good you feel. Take deep breaths and really see yourself as the person you want to be.

All this takes incredible discipline which is difficult to muster but I know you can do it! Congrats to you!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Congrats!! I'll be honest though. I THOUGHT that I was happy in the months leading up to my wedding but as soon as it was over I realized that it had just been stress all along. I was much calmer and happier and less frazzled once the wedding was over, don't put too much pressure on yourself to lose weight now because planning a wedding is one of the most stressful things ever. Make sure you eat high energy foods, lots of fresh veggies which will keep you energized and stay away from those cookies!

And make sure you eat plenty of good fats. People who don't eat enough fat look terrible, their skin is sallow and their hair looks bedraggled, you need lots of good fats to look beautiful!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #8  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Katydid Congratulations!! Best of luck with everything!

I recently broke through a major stall by tracking my calories in and exercise, it wasn't for an event, I was just stuck, for ever it seemed, I use 2 apps on my phone myfitnesspal and runkeeper. If you make yourself mark down somewhere those nibbles, that might help curb them.

As others have mentioned and you well know, this is a stressful time leading up to a wonderful time. Be good to yourself, as Wannabeskinny said, you want to be healthy and beautiful on your wedding day and for the rest of your life as well. You're going to have to maintain at some point anyway, or keep paying someone to alter your gown.

Best of luck to you and again congratulations!
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:16 PM   #9  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations on your engagement, wedding and new family.

While motivation is important, making up your mind to commit to a healthy and livable lifestyle is key!.

When you get your mind in gear your body will follow!

It does not have be perfect, it just has to work for you.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #10  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Congratulations, that is so exciting!

I'd suggest to write a weekly menu on a calendar and cross each meal and day off at is passes, and then put giant smiley face or heart stickers on each day as it is done. Sometimes a little structure and visual confirmation of progress is all it takes to get back into the groove!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:04 AM   #11  
Finding Myself Again <3

S/C/G: 230/215/200

I love this response: "Don't focus on anything except for the day you're on" So true...I think I also needed to read this today...very good advice. One day at a time, one step at a time.
tadaponce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:18 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 164/see ticker/125

Height: 5 feet even

Thanks ladies! Yeah, I know it's STRESS and I'm trying to associate it in a positive way, I just hate that out of control feeling.

With the holidays and this, it feels like it's spiraling and I need to breath deep and let it happen.

I feel it slowly coming together. The support here really grounds me.

Thank ya'll so much
Katydid77 is offline   Reply With Quote