Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW: 225/ CW:180.4/ GW: 165

Height: 5 9

Default Losing weight but not feeling like I'm losing weight

I don't know if anyone can relate to this but it's one of the most frustrating feelings in the world, I feel like I'm going crazy. I weighed myself on Wednesday and the scale showed a 4 pound loss which is really the loss for 2 weeks since It was that TOM 2 weeks ago. My pants are fitting better my size 16 work pants now for comfortably if not a bit loose on my hip... But I am imagining a stall this week and I had just weighed in 2 days ago. I've stuck to my diet and I am looking in he mirror and not seeing any changes or just seeing that my upper waist below my breasts has gotten a lot tinier but nothing else is really shrinking. My boyfriend and my mom all swear I'm getting smaller but I am starting to feel like they're just being nice. I feel heavier in bed and when I wake up when I used to wake up with that nice light feeling. What's going on? The scale is going down and my clothes feel better but I feel like I'm just eating thicker and or stalled for good. Has anyone ever experienced this psychological mind torcher? It's like my brain is trying to discourage me in tricky ways
skintoskincombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

I still feel like I haven't lost anything! I think that's just how it goes for a lot of people- take pictures, then you'll really see a difference
Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 241/238/145

Height: 5'9"

Take pictures, and measurements.
SweatIsFatCrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 263/223/150

Height: 5'8"

Take pictures! I've lost nearly 30 lbs, and I can't feel a difference in my body. However, I had some full-length pictures taken, and the difference is dramatic.
emilym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:58 AM   #5  

It is just your thinking and nothing else. The important thing is that you are achieving your actual objective and that what matters.
brendabogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:37 AM   #6  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I just recently noticed when looking in the mirror that I had lost quite a bit from my back, I was wondering why at a certain point it seemed my belly was not getting any smaller. I don't usually look at my back per se.

It's good to remember that fat can be hiding all over, also, it's a battle sometimes, maybe most of the time, with that part of your mind that is trying to go back to old unhealthy behavior. I call it the epic battle between Fat Girl and Fit Girl, Fit Girl is winning, but Fat Girl doesn't want to give up just yet.p, maybe she'll just hide out waiting for an opportunity, have to keep staying fit in the front of my mind.

Whatever you do, don't quit, you're doing great!!

Last edited by kelijpa; 11-16-2013 at 08:39 AM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #7  

Some people don't believe me when I say this but...I don't see any of my weightloss. I stare at myself in the mirror, trying desperately to see a smaller me. I mean, I *know* I buy smaller clothes, I *know* I fit differently in booths, airplane seats, chairs with arms, etc. but I still can't see it myself.

I do admit that I ask my husband when I see other women (small or large) if I resemble them in shape or size trying desperately to compare myself. There was a fairly thin woman we saw at the mall and her outfit, hair, boots, everything were so perfect and I told my husband I could only dream to look THAT good and thin. He told me I was thinner than her! I know my husband wouldn't say that it if it wasn't true (he would have just said nothing or encouraged me to keep doing my diet) and I was SHOCKED. I wish I could see myself as others see me.

I don't do pictures, they make me too sad. I know it's the best way to compare but I just can't do it.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Yes! I still look in the mirror and see me 100 lbs ago. I think we are conditioned to see the flaws in the mirror and not the successes. Like the others said, take photos and measurements. You'll have your proof right in front of you. When I was having a doubting day my journal was always there for me telling me how good I was doing.
Micki k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

The mind is a funny thing isn't it? I feel instantly thinner when I wear makeup, I know it's absurd but the mind is a powerful tool. Sometimes you need to get out of your own head and just look at the facts, don't try to feel them.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

I've lost 34 lbs to date. The first 20 lbs, I felt like I had lost a lot of weight, yet no one else really noticed. Since then, people have been commenting about how much weight I've lost, yet I don't feel ANY different than I did 14 lbs ago. I get excited each time I see a new number on the scale, but I can't feel a difference in my body. Go figure.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:26 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 164/see ticker/125

Height: 5 feet even

While I am losing weight, I feel thinner at the 'new' weight for a couple of weeks, but once I acclimate to the new weight I feel fat at that weight just like I did at the old weight.

Also, if I have a full tummy (like just ate) it's impossible for me to feel thin. It's a mind thing, but if I allow myself to feel full I can't feel thin. It's a very thin line between satisfaction and overfull.
Katydid77 is offline   Reply With Quote