Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 108/105.8/60 kgs

Height: 5 foot 6

Default What's the quickest we can lose weight?

I've just started my diet again, and although the weight is going down, it is happening fairly slowly.

I have 40 kgs to go (about 90 lbs) and it will take me almost a year to achieve, at this current rate.

Is there any way to safely speed up the process?

I am eating 1300-1500 cals a day, and walking 50 minutes at the moment. I need to build up exercise slowly, to avoid more ankle injuries.
sonickel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #2  
Just Keep on Running

S/C/G: 178/142.6/120

Height: 5'6.5

Maybe cut the calories down a little more.
energie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/120/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Sonic. Congrats on the loss so far! I know...I wish we all could get instant results as well. I myself have lost 90lbs since January this year. It is really important as the "experts" say to lose slowly. Like only 2lbs a week. It's safer and you have a greater chance of keeping the weight off afterwards. We also hope to learn that in this time we have developed better choices and eating habits. I was a Bacon Cheeseburger and Fries QUEEN!! Now even when I allow a splurge day for holidays or special occasions I still don't over-indulge cause I worked to hard to get here and I am just no longer used to eating that way. Plus....Even at the slow pace I have taken, I still have some extra skin in places that I am not used to and if you lose it too fast it's worse!!!!! In my experience the slower loss was better for me. I am not worried about maintaining or gaining back with the progress and time frame I am experiencing when they say maintaining is the real battle. Hope that gives you insight. Good job and good luck!!! You will get there!!!
jayavery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/150/145

Height: 5'7"

It's not often that I feel qualified to answer anyones' questions but I think I know how to take months off your journey and make it much more likely that you will succeed; add twenty pounds to your goal weight. Shooting right for the bottom of a healthy BMI is usually an exercise in setting yourself up for failure, if you never reach that ultra low number, you think that you're a failure, so give up and eat...is it Tam Tams that Australians eat?

I got so heavy because I really like eating. I convinced myself time and time again that I could go from someone who liked eating and sitting on the sofa to being a kind of exercise loving, lettuce loving, health fiend, who'd say things like 'really, the amount of cake I can balance on the head of a pin will be plenty for me', tragically it never happened. However, I've learned to be happy with a small pizza instead of a large one and walking to the shops rather than taking the car. Moderation in all things, including my expectations.

Of course, if you get into the 14? range and feel that you still have a lot to give to your weight loss effort, you can readjust your goal with the added advantage of proving some random woman on the internet wrong.

Good luck and as strange as this might seem, try and enjoy the ride rather than pushing for the finishing line. This is your chance to find a way of living and eating that will keep you fit/slim/not overweight for the rest of your life.
Trudiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I think you're doing great, your calories are already pretty low and I would mess around with that, going hungry can do some awful things to your resolve. For me the biggest fear is losing fast because I see people lose weight and sometimes they look awful because their skin sags and they look deflated. It's not just about losing the weight, it's about giving your body time to adjust to the lower weight bit by bit.

Ever heard of the tortoise and the hare? Slow and steady wins the race.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #6  
diamondgeog

90lbs in a year would be fantastic awesome amazing! I would NEVER want to lose faster than that. IMO any faster would possibly be setting you up possibly for yo-yoing.

Also going slower might mean you are gaining muscle which is wonderful even if it means the scale moves slower.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:26 PM   #7  
Warrior Princess

It took me an entire year to lose about 18p. It was frustrating as heck but it stays off and I have been able to maintain for 7 months. Anytime I have lost weight fast it has come back very easily. Be patient.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote