Old 09-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #1  

Question Alternative shake

Hi everyone I have been doing the alternative version of this diet and have been on the search for a good chocolate shake. I LOVED the ideal protein chocolate drink. I have been currently using Wonderslim Chocolate Cream which is good but really thin. Protidiet, Bariwise and Syntrax Nectar just have a disgusting chocolate watery flavor IMO. Has anyone tried any others that they have loved and acceptable during Phase 1? Thanks!
sugar58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #2  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

I like the EAS CarbAdvantage ones (Walmart, or pretty much anywhere) or the Premier Protein ones (Costco). None are quite the same as IP shakes, but these are still good. Although, I just read on 3FC yesterday that you are supposed to get the "snack" Premier Protein shakes, because the regular ones have too many calories compared to IP shakes. I haven't seen these "snack" versions at my Costco, but I will look the next time I'm there for sure.
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #3  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I found a product I really like from Complete Nutrition called V-core Vantage. I always make a morning frappe in my Magic Bullet using coffee instead of water, crushed ice, and a sprinkle of sea salt and cinnamon. Delish!

1 scoop

150 calories
20 fat calories
6 net carbs
25g protein

They have creamsicle (which is to die for, blended with crushed ice....tastes like a milkshake), cookies & cream, vanilla, and smores. If there isn't a store near you, you can call them and they will ship to you. My SIL lives in Phoenix and called the store in Bismarck and he sent her free samples and then she ordered product from him. You can check it out at www.completenutrition.com.

I actually liked the Protidiet Chocolate shake and found it was very similar to IP.
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

I LIKE EAS CarbAdvantage... I LOVE Pure Protein shakes (notice this is different rhan Premier Protein which I have not tried). I find them a little richer than EAS and one ounce more! They are often at Target/Walmart in a 4pack for $8. They also have a powdered version but I have not tried that.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 272/224/205

Height: 5'11

I have not found anything as nice as the IP choc drink. What I do is add some extra protein power....I us a very pure powder called Bulletproof Protein.,.its got only 1 carb per serving.
tiggermd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #6  
Joined IP on 07/15/13

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

I love the EAS Advantedge French Vanilla Shake and they are pretty similar than the IP shakes - FInd them at Sams Club for $ 26.00 for a case of 24
Have a great weekend
Frenchy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 176/170/130

Height: 5"3

i'm using the premiere protein shakes from costco but only drink half of one. for me i'm just using them because i get super dizzy and spacy between lunch and dinner
listlesslyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #8  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
I LIKE EAS CarbAdvantage... I LOVE Pure Protein shakes (notice this is different rhan Premier Protein which I have not tried). I find them a little richer than EAS and one ounce more! They are often at Target/Walmart in a 4pack for $8. They also have a powdered version but I have not tried that.
ITA with JLUS - love the Pure Protein frosty chocolate!! The only thing that's close IMO.

I do not care for EAS.
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #9  

Thanks everyone I just ordered some of the Pure Protein frosty chocolate to try. Hopefully I will love them!
sugar58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:43 PM   #10  

So I took one of the pure protein shakes into my health coach a couple of days ago to ask if it would be an okay alternative. She freaked out and said "absolutely not, they have way too much protein in them." What do you think? I kinda felt like she was just trying to make more money off me.......
Fishbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:48 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbailey View Post
So I took one of the pure protein shakes into my health coach a couple of days ago to ask if it would be an okay alternative. She freaked out and said "absolutely not, they have way too much protein in them." What do you think? I kinda felt like she was just trying to make more money off me.......
There are different ones with different amts of protein. How much does yours have?

Coaches are NOT going to approve off-plan foods. It is not part of their training.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:01 AM   #12  

Quote:
The one I use has 23g of protein and I never felt like I stalled with those... YMMV! (FYI there is one that has something like 32 g but it also has 45 carbs and a different formulation!)

But coaches are not likely to approve non-IP items.. They are in business to sell product. After all, that is how they make money coaching you. Some coaches are understanding about some use of Alts, but some actually "kick you out" of their program for using any non-IP item (or for cheating!)
Old 09-16-2013, 12:33 AM   #13  

Thanks! The one I took in was the 35 grams of protein/4 grams of carbs.
I just started IP 6 days ago. I had read a lot about it before I made my appointment and was really excited ti start. Honestly though, I was disappointed with my appointment with my health coach. I felt like she spent very little time getting to know me and what kind of support I would be needing or what my weaknesses and strengths are. She spent a lot of time telling me about all if the different things she could sell me...like body wraps, essential oils, zone therapy on my feet, etc. I left having less confidence than when I went in because it seemed like a sales pitch and not trying to truly help ME as an individual.
Fishbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:01 AM   #14  

Quote:
Thanks! The one I took in was the 35 grams of protein/4 grams of carbs.
I just started IP 6 days ago. I had read a lot about it before I made my appointment and was really excited ti start. Honestly though, I was disappointed with my appointment with my health coach. I felt like she spent very little time getting to know me and what kind of support I would be needing or what my weaknesses and strengths are. She spent a lot of time telling me about all if the different things she could sell me...like body wraps, essential oils, zone therapy on my feet, etc. I left having less confidence than when I went in because it seemed like a sales pitch and not trying to truly help ME as an individual.
Sounds like they're selling a LOT more than IP. My clinic was IP-specific.
Re: the shake. It has double the protein of an IP shake.
How much fat, cals? ( you didn't give all stats)

You might be able to use HALF of one of those as one packet
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:53 AM   #15  

The Pure Protein shake I use is the RTD (Ready to Drink) that has:
120 Cal
1.5 g fat
6 carb/3 fiber
23 g protein

Coaches are QUITE varied in what they provide once you start. They run the gamut from just weigh/measure and sell product with no other support or feedback to truly taking time to understand each client and customize the visit to meet each persons needs to everything in between.

You have a choice to speak up and let her know what a client expects and needs or if it is an option shop around for another clinic/coach. Another clinic might even waive the initial fee and coach you because they will benefit from your food order. If you decide to leave I would be QUITE honest about why!

Most on here have all found that the knowledge we gain here is far greater than anything we get from the coaches!