Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2001, 02:59 PM   #1  

Question

I have just installed the Cooking Light version of Mastercook and sure would appreciate any input or help regarding this. I am definately not a "computer whiz" so can anyone give me some pointers or tips on how to use this program? I'm trying to read some of the manual, but just can't quite figure a lot of it out. Is it very complicated? How do you feel about it? Thanks for any help you can give!
Pat
Old 03-11-2001, 09:17 AM   #2  

I would be happy to give you some pointers. I have been using it since Christmas, and like it a lot. I have only had a couple of problems. I am not sure what you are having a problem with...but here is what I did.

I entered my recipes into the cookbook called "my cookbook". If you select "New Recipe", you get a blank screen to key into. If any ingredient wasn't found, I added it to the ingredient list. I would get the package from the pantry, and enter all the values from the label. I try to keep the naming of ingredients consistent, so the next time I am entering a recipe, it would find it.

Hope this helps!!!
Old 03-11-2001, 11:13 AM   #3  

Hi Sue~~
I'm not having any problems, yet, since I'm just browsing around on it, but I thought it looked kind of difficult. I haven't tried anything yet. I did try to do the NI and couldn't quite figure that out but, like I said I haven't really looked through it much. I notice you're in Michigan, so am I!
Anyone else have any tips on this??
Pat
Old 03-12-2001, 09:13 AM   #4  

Default MasterCook tips

Pam Erickson, a volunteer forum moderator with Sierra.com (the people who wrote MasterCook) has compiled a vast number of tips into a MasterCook cookbook. You can download it from http://members.home.net/pam.e/

It is so convenient because you access it like any other cookbook within the software. Be sure to check out the "Recipes-Adding WeightWatcher Points" section.

Also check out the MC boards at http://community sierra.com
Closed Thread