Old 08-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/164/130

Height: 5'2

Default What are your favorite take to work lunches? (Phase1)

Hi! I am headed back to work (I am a teacher) next week and I am worried about lunch. I have access to a fridge and a microwave. What does everyone take for lunch when in Phase 1?? Also, do you have any tips or tricks that help make it easier or more convenient?
Aydubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

OHHH!!! What a great idea for a thread!! I'm going to keep an eye on this.

As for me, I use alternative products, and found yesterday that I really enjoy the chili made up and put over salad like taco salad. It was YUMMY!!
ktgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
OHHH!!! What a great idea for a thread!! I'm going to keep an eye on this.

As for me, I use alternative products, and found yesterday that I really enjoy the chili made up and put over salad like taco salad. It was YUMMY!!
Great idea! What chili are you referring to? Is it an IP food or a recipe?
Old 08-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #4  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

My go tos have been either the dark chocolate pudding or maple oatmeal with salad (spinach, romaine, baby mix, mushrooms, cucumber, broccoli pieces, peppers) and dressing. I really don't like the IP soups!
jmanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #5  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

This week, Ive been having pasta (from Nashua Nutrition) with a variety of veggies and sauces. I cooked all the pasta on Sunday and portioned it out. Each night I put together some combination of veggies and use WF dressings, soy sauce, cilantro, etc. Each day I've had a different flavor!

The chili over a salad sounds great! Note to self: order chili next time!
mrskuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #6  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

I am kind of boring, I like to have a restricted bar at around 11:30 and then at 2:30pm I eat two cups of veggies in a salad. Only variety is what type of bar and which veggies I put in my salad. Boring but it works for me.
CrystalWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #7  
IP Restart Date: 1/6/14

S/C/G: 257.4/195.6/197

Height: 5'8"

I like the chicken patty crumbled over a salad (like grilled chicken salad), I also make pasta salad with fresh veggies, plain rotini and WF italian dressing
tbc85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #8  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Height: 5'5"

When I was on Phase 1 the following were my go to lunches:
* Salad with dressing and a restricted bar
* Roasted veggie or veggie purees with IP Broc or Mushroom Soup and a side salad.

I often used leftover veggies from dinner the prior night. See LizRR's recipes for the veggie purees. The soups were especially good in the cooler weather.
cbl70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbl70 View Post
When I was on Phase 1 the following were my go to lunches:
* Salad with dressing and a restricted bar
* Roasted veggie or veggie purees with IP Broc or Mushroom Soup and a side salad.

I often used leftover veggies from dinner the prior night. See LizRR's recipes for the veggie purees. The soups were especially good in the cooler weather.
Do you mix your soups (ip packet and veggies) in the morning and then heat them up at lunch time, or do you mix them at lunch time? I'm just wondering if they will still be good if they are mixed with water in the morning. Will they harden or turn pasty?
Old 08-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #10  
Started IP 04/13/2013

S/C/G: 202.4/154/151

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalWolf View Post
I am kind of boring, I like to have a restricted bar at around 11:30 and then at 2:30pm I eat two cups of veggies in a salad. Only variety is what type of bar and which veggies I put in my salad. Boring but it works for me.
Do you eat any protein with your veggies? This can derail your weight loss. This happened to me because I started a new job and was getting up early, so I was spreading my food over the day. When I was eating my bar (or any protein) and then waiting to have my lunch, my losses slowed down to almost nothing. Once I started following the sheet to the T again and eating my lunch as a protein & veggies, my losses began again.

I general eat a salad for lunch (lettuce, broccoli and english cucumbers with my own vinaigrette dressing( and either a bar or pudding.
Spydergirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydergirl1 View Post
Do you eat any protein with your veggies? This can derail your weight loss. This happened to me because I started a new job and was getting up early, so I was spreading my food over the day. When I was eating my bar (or any protein) and then waiting to have my lunch, my losses slowed down to almost nothing. Once I started following the sheet to the T again and eating my lunch as a protein & veggies, my losses began again.

I general eat a salad for lunch (lettuce, broccoli and english cucumbers with my own vinaigrette dressing( and either a bar or pudding.
That's an interesting observation.. When I read he What are you eating Today thread, many people are splitting their lunch I to packet and veggies at different times and don't seem to be having problems with it. It must vary person to person how it affects them?
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:46 PM   #12  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydergirl1 View Post

This is how I have always done it and my total loss was 40 lbs at of the end of nine weeks. According to my coach my losses are above average. So I would say it hasn't affected my losses.
CrystalWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:56 PM   #13  

S/C/G: Reboot 2014

Height: 5' 5"

Great idea!

I brought a few protein packs to the office and bought an extra shaker so I have options. I usually do a salad with 2 cups veggies and some of my protein with an IP drink, or I will toss the veggies into a soup. Sometimes I really like the IP soynuts on my salad if I am short for time.

There have been some funny looks from coworkers when I am rocking the shaker in the break room, but I am over it.

I've found it is easier to prep my veggies on Sunday and get them ready the night before work.

Best of luck with your first week back.

Kelly
berteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #14  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydubs View Post
Do you mix your soups (ip packet and veggies) in the morning and then heat them up at lunch time, or do you mix them at lunch time? I'm just wondering if they will still be good if they are mixed with water in the morning. Will they harden or turn pasty?
I always mixed the soup at work and then added it to the veggies just before nuking it. But I don't see why you couldn't mix it in the morning. I've made spinach shakes the night before and then had them for breakfast with no problem.
cbl70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #15  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

My go to is Salad with tuna (can or packet) or eggs (boil enough for two or three days worth and keep in work fridge) with cold brocc/cauli mix and another veg..
dressings: still experimenting - lemon with sea salt pepper and red pepper sauce for spice or mustard, acv, olive oil mix

OR

Steamed veg and grilled chicken
caressme is offline   Reply With Quote