Old 08-03-2013, 02:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/See Ticker/130

Height: 4"11

Default Veggie serving size question!

So I eat ALOT of veggies which I know isnt a bad thing..but I would like to know how many servings I am eating..I know approx. how much..like usually a cup eqauls a serving but not in all cases. I will just start off by listing what I eat and how much of it:

Snack:
Romaine lettuce- 6 oz. of lettuce- which is apparently 6 cups.
Tomato- 1/2 of large tomato

Supper:

12 asparagus or,
1 cup of kale or,
12 oz of broccoli or mixed veggies (20 broccoli's)

And thats all :P

But somehow I think I am eating over the 5 servings, which isnt a bad thing.

What do u guys think? And how many veggies do you guys eat?

Last edited by Krissypants29; 08-03-2013 at 02:37 AM.
Krissypants29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 161/147/130

Height: 5'5.5"

I would say you are eating more than 5 servings and as long as you get a variety I don't think that's a bad thing either.

A serving of fruit and vegetables is one half cup. A serving of leafy greens/lettuce is one cup. I don't count pieces but I eyeball what looks like it will fit into a measuring cup when tracking.

Keep doing what you're doing, it's working!
kidjng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:46 AM   #3  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Yup, what kidjng said!

I no longer do WW as of a few weeks now. I usually stuck with 2-3 servings of fruit and 3-4 serving of vegetables. I'm not a big snacker so I prefer to do a "hit 2 birds with one stone" type of thing by having a green smoothie (1/2 medium banana, 140g of blueberries or strawberries, 124g natural applesauce with up to 85g spinach and up to 85g carrots.) For me, this smoothie was pretty much "free" aside from the 1/2 cup of yogurt I put in it. After that smoothie, I count any additional fruits/veggies I have and take it out of my WP. This was a personal thing I did and it may be not right according to "official WW standards" or whatever but it worked for me.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote