Old 06-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #1  
sugar is the devil

Default Unflavored Protein

Does anyone here add unflavored protein powder to food in place of an IP pack? For example, if you were to make homemade soup from scratch, add a scoop or two of protein powder? Or perhaps a scoop to some Mio/Crystal Light? Or maybe even scrambled eggs?

Would like thoughts/opinions on this. Thanks!
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
Does anyone here add unflavored protein powder to food in place of an IP pack? For example, if you were to make homemade soup from scratch, add a scoop or two of protein powder? Or perhaps a scoop to some Mio/Crystal Light? Or maybe even scrambled eggs?

Would like thoughts/opinions on this. Thanks!
The same rules would apply as with any alternative product. It would have to contain:
less than 200 calories per serving
less than 30% calories from fat
8g or less net carbs to count as unrestricted
at least 12-15g protein

A lot of protein powders have 25 or more grams of protein, so you also have to be careful with how OFTEN in a day you use something like that, if the protein content is equivalent to two IP packets then it's best to only use that product once per day.

Also if you are adding it to food, just be sure that whatever you are making is made up of only foods on the approved list.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #3  

Syntrax nectar makes an unflavored that mixes well.
I also use uit to cut how sweet many things are. I just don't want to be craving sweet all the time
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #4  
sugar is the devil

That's what I bought - the syntrax nectar. Just trying to find creative ways to use it!

Thanks scorbett. That really helped
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote