Old 05-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

Default A day of not counting

I've been faithful to the plan for 3 weeks!! Every week I've lost about 1-2 lbs, and I felt awesome! Yesterday my family and I took a trip to NYC, and I was very excited =) My one sister lives 5 hours from me, and my other lives in LA, so it's very rare to have all three of us girls home with my parents, and my mom was super happy ^_^ It was an amazing day!

But...

I didn't count the points for the day =(

I started to, but my food journal is rather big, so I couldn't carry it with me. And we did so much walking (from the bus depot to the empire state building, to times square, to macy's, and then back to the depot, plus I walked up the 6 flights of stairs from level 80 to level 86, which is the observation deck at empire state building, so I wouldn't have to wait 20 minutes for the elevator), that I thought it would be okay as long as I continued to eat towards the healthier end of the spectrum. On top of that, I tried to get on the elliptical when I got home, and was able to do about 7 minutes (45 calories burned) before my legs gave out.

I'm back to counting today, and I already did 30 minutes on the elliptical (whoa boy that hurt today...legs are still sore from yesterday), which was about 215 calories burned, and I decided to weigh myself since I didn't yesterday, and I actually gained about 2 lbs...actually a few ounces over =(

I know I didn't eat completely healthy yesterday...I had a s'more as we were all gathered around the small fire pit, and I had 2 1-cup servings of pasta salad close to before I went to bed. Everything else was well within my normal eating range, and on the healthier side (well, as healthy as it could be...we stopped at Baja Fresh and I had the chicken quesadilla for lunch).

Is it possible I'm retaining water? I drink water all throughout the day, and I tried to avoid as much salt as I can, but I know when eating out the food can sometimes be really heavy on the salt. Or can the extra exercise cause me to hold water? I don't do that much exercise on a regular basis, so I'm wondering if my body is in a "shock" mode.

I'm just confused...I didn't think I went completely off the charts with my eating, especially with the extra exercise thrown in, but I just can't see where the extra weight is coming from =/ Any input would be greatly appreciated!!
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #2  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

Height: 5'8"

My guess it is sodium from eating out. Even the healthier options have way more.sodium then home made. sodium can stick around for about 48 hrs. Or it could be cycle related, about every 4 wish I have a heavy weeks, where no matter what I do I am up.
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175.4/174.0/135

Height: 5'3"

It's probably water retention from sodium and all the walking. I always gain a little weight after a hardcore workout day. I would give it another day or two... you'll probably see your weight level off a bit.
TerrapinMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/See Ticker/130

Height: 4"11

One day wont hurt, you might notice a days worth of stall but thats it..just jump back on the band wagon
Krissypants29 is offline   Reply With Quote