Old 05-17-2013, 05:23 AM   #1  

Default Dizzy Spells

My blood pressure is at a all time low, my blood work came back very positive last month. Since being on this diet over the past two months I have noticed that during the day when awake, if I go from laying down to upright I get a bit of a dizzy spell. Its not like I am jumping right up either, I take my time with it in most cases. Also noticed it while getting up from bending over to grab something or tie a shoe.

Is this something that subsides as you lose more weight and eventually phase off the diet? I have a couple co-workers on the diet who have noticed the same thing. Are we not getting enough of something? Whats weird is I can jump right up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and I don't get dizzy.
Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 279/223.5/150

Height: 5.5'

I've noticed the same thing. I tried upping my salt intake but it didn't do much. I have a very active job and have added an extra 2 oz protein at my lunch and found this helps.
Mother of the Groom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 337/296/209

Height: 5:10

I have had the same problems with dizziness and I have bp issues as well. Water and protein pack made me feel much better.
lucypenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #4  
IP start 4/17/13

S/C/G: 259/213.6/146

Height: 5' 9.5"

I have always had a low blood pressure ( 90/60 to 100/70) and have been experiencing the same thing. Salt helps a bit but the extra protein pack can help. Since I started with an extra pack a day I only had few dizzy spells in a whole week, while before I would have a 1-2 day
WestLAgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #5  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

For those that are on BP meds you may need to check with your dr regarding the dosage. As you lose weight and the heart has less problems circulating the blood the meds may be too effective. My cardiologist had me on a very high dose due to a MS med I was on and as I stopped taking that med he had me dropping the BP med by splitting the pill (ONLY DO THAT ON DR RECOMMENDATION!). I was still on a good amount when I started IP but within a month I was completely off all BP meds. One of the symptoms that the med was too much was dizziness when standing.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 337/296/209

Height: 5:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
For those that are on BP meds you may need to check with your dr regarding the dosage. As you lose weight and the heart has less problems circulating the blood the meds may be too effective. My cardiologist had me on a very high dose due to a MS med I was on and as I stopped taking that med he had me dropping the BP med by splitting the pill (ONLY DO THAT ON DR RECOMMENDATION!). I was still on a good amount when I started IP but within a month I was completely off all BP meds. One of the symptoms that the med was too much was dizziness when standing.
Perfect point and well said.
lucypenny is offline   Reply With Quote