Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 09:21 AM   #1  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default Wednesday Thread~May28th

BB to post!
Old 05-28-2003, 09:28 AM   #2  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Morning All! I hope everyone had great evenings last night. I just vegged out with sister and DH, nothing too life altering. It was nice though to not have any "have to's" for the evening.

Well it is another gray day in Michigan. I cannot find my motivation either Lexxy. I set goals in Day by Day yesterday and I am pretty sure I didn't accomplish any of them. I have now gained 8 pds since the wedding. I feel gross but we won't get into that b/c it is supposed to be a motivated web site. So those of you who are motivated spread some around to the rest of us

BTW those of you who gave me some roaster ideas, THANK YOU! I am going to keep it for sure. Well I should get to work! BBL
Old 05-28-2003, 11:43 AM   #3  

Hi!

Well, yep, its true, I am pregnant. Was shocked that I was, but happy non the less.

I am still hanging in here with you girls. Not leaving. I am going to continue to journal, walk and watch what I eat. I am 10 pounds heavier than when I got pregnant with my son, and I gained 40 lbs with him, and I don't want that to happen again, so I am carefully going to watch it.

I am glad everyone is well. My DH just left for a hunting trip to South Dakota so I am playing single mom for a few days. I am actually going to enjoy it, he has had me working so hard at painting and cleaning the garage that I need a break from him!!!

Well, I better get back to work. BBIAB!

Thanks so much for all the "Congrats"!
Old 05-28-2003, 01:40 PM   #4  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone, slow here on the board today.

It's crazy at work this week trying to make up for the holiday weekend. Sooner or later, we'll be caught up I hope!

Nothing too much new with me except my crazy eating habits all weekend long... I need to get back on track. So I'm going to try today to work on it...

Tonya -- CONGRATS!

Becky -- sorry I can't be too motivating for you today... Working on finding my motivation right now too!

And HELLO to everyone else out there!
Old 05-28-2003, 02:33 PM   #5  
Cockeyed Optimist

I've been avoiding posting today. Mostly because I'm feeling sorry for myself and I didn't want to bring everyone down. Truth is that I could use a little proping up.

Last night, CB announced that he'd lost 5lbs in the last 2 weeks just by drinking less coke. He says he's going to lose 7 more by the 4th of July so that he'll look good when he meets my family. First of all, I didn't know that man had 12lbs of adipose tissue on his body. Secondly, it bums me out that he can drop weight quickly by drinking less pop. Thirdly, it P.O.'s me that I can't find it in my heart to be happy that he's doing something healthy for himself.

I seem to have turned those little comments into an "all about me". I'm upset that even though I'm making better choices that I still haven't been POP. I'm beating myself up for sleeping instead of working out this morning - even though I'm so tired that I took a nap on my lunch hour. I'm feeling sorry for myself because of the weight I regained and the fact that it will take me so long to lose it. And he's never said anything but "I only see beauty" whenever I comment on my weight gain but I've gotten it into my head that he's decided to drop a few pounds as a message to me that I ought to as well. I have nothing in reality to base that on either but it's been running around my head all day!

I need a serious A$$ kicking. Anyone want to rain on my pity parade?

Laura
Old 05-28-2003, 03:52 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

this post is going to be short b/c i have a scared shihtzu wrapped around my legs we're having a thunder storm.
Laura I feel your pain hon my bf can lose weight just by having a salad for lunch men are lucky
First off you are beautiful inside and out you will lose see the beauty he sees and see the beauty within you b/c Honey its there

TONYA WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOO Congrats gorgeous WE're al excited to become Aunties again
Sidebar did Jen-L have her baby
Becky I want one of those roasters
Jayne HI WOMAN ;D
I had an interview in the world financial district yesterday for a pr internship it was 2 hours and they told me I was a serious candidate PRAY! I need a job so bad and the commute won't be too evil tho I will have to leave the house at 6:30 am eating wise I'm doing Low carb/smart carb ie i know i can't have carbs all the time b/c i can't stop eatingthem
i decided about a wee and a half ago after I had a raisin bran induced all day binge so I'm eating alot of protien, veggies, some fruit and being smart about the carbs i do eat
so far the less carbs i have the more satiated i am ad least likely to raid the fridge i'm going to borrow my sisters scale maybe tommorrow and see the exam damage tht was inflicted
Hopefully bbl
Love Kier
PS rina 4.4 WTG!!!!!
Old 05-28-2003, 04:02 PM   #7  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Laura~ It must just be one of those days. I too am kicking myself for not working out this a.m. Don't let it get you down though. DH lost 18pds before the wedding by drinking water and cutting out pop. Uhh it is disgusting. I seriously doubt that he is doing it as a hint to you though. BUCK up! We can do this!!! Ok how was that??? That is about the extent of my enthusiasm today

Kieri~I will let you know if I like it once I have time to use it.

Tonya~ So glad you are staying with us. You will be such a healthy pg woman

Angie~ Hope you find that motivation. She is such a sneaky little devil, isn't she?

I just found out I will be working late tomorrow I need a break. The good news is I am getting one on Friday. Well just wanted to check in and say Hi. I am going to attempt to go home soon! YAY!
Old 05-28-2003, 05:13 PM   #8  
Cockeyed Optimist

Kier and Becky - you girls made my day!! Thanks so much.

Kier - I've got all my fingers and all my toes and a few strands of hair crossed hoping that you get the job offer. BTW - JenL had a little girl she named Kate.

Becky - I'm so sorry that you've got to work late tomorrow. Hopefully, you'll be able to enjoy your Friday off.

Hopefully, we'll all be in more of a posting mood tomorrow.

Laura
Old 05-28-2003, 08:01 PM   #9  
Duchess Tiger Lily

I know that this is a late post, but on this topic, better late than never. After 50 plus misunderstandings about when I felt he was trying to tellme something without words, Drew just out and told me that Men aren't deep enough to play serious mind games like lose 5 lbs to try to motivate you to do the same -- they just leave mindgames to women. That's why they're incapable of tact -- they're just too direct. SO Laura, sweety, I hope it's a little consolation to know that if he thought you looked fat and icky he would say, "Honey, I think you look fat and icky." So there's my two cents! I'll pst better tomorrow, I promise!!!

ps Kier, where HAVE you been? *mwah*
Closed Thread