Announcements and Forum Help! Requests for help, suggestions, and information. Also includes important Forum Announcements.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/maintaining 135ish

Height: 5'6"

Default wierd popup ads linked within posts

Hi, I haven't been here in a couple of months, so I don't know if this is some kind of new official ad. But I've never seen this before on a web site and it's creeping me out. When reading posts in the forums, there will be a couple of random words highlighted here and there: "Football coach" or "Addicted to eating." And if my cursor goes over them, it produces a popup ad -- for some reason often allegedly an interior decorating site (wysada.com).

For instance in this post the first two words "Hey guys" does this.

Hey guys, so yesterday I reached my initial goal weight of losing 50 lbs. I'm 5'8 and have gone from 191 to 141 in the past 8 months. I was super excited and proud of myself for reaching my goal, and then at work the same day a guy came by and squeezed my upper arm/shoulder and said "hmm" with a confused sound in his voice.

Is this a site thing, or some kind of creepy virus which has affected my browser?!

Old 03-31-2013, 03:03 PM   #2  
it's always something

You might have something in your browser. The owners of the site do use a mouse-over text type ad on the main site, but I'm not aware of anything like that on the forum. I'm all over the forum and I personally haven't seen it. Also, I think visitors who are not logged in see more ads than those who are logged in. Maybe you should do a malware/adware scan on your system, just in case.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote