Old 03-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/167/130

Height: 5'7

Default Dare to be edgy... Teetering on brink of success

For me every pound is an accomplishment, but it's the decades that make me really feel like I'm getting there. So on one hand : 20 pounds down, and on the other 50 more to go. For the past few days I've been teetering between 170 and 172. I figured I'd come here for support before I loose it waiting for the scale to tip the other way.

Is anyone else teetering? Is it driving you as crazy as its driving me?
NetherfieldNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Yes. Me. Happens a lot and it drives me mad. Check out my graph!
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:50 PM   #3  
forever a lake effect kid

S/C/G: 262.6/181.3/162.6

Height: 5'4''

That happens to me too! I love getting to the different decades in pounds lost and also my actual weight. I think it's good! It means I always have an achievable short term goal to reach.
epicskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:38 AM   #4  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

NetherfieldNerd, I am a similar height and teetering at the exact same numbers. The past week for me has been down, then up, then down, then up. Luckily each 'up' has been lower than its previous 'up' so I'm still heading in the right direction. Yesterday was 170.8 and today was 172.0 I'm hoping be consistently in the 160 by next Thursday. Hopefully you will be there with me. Stick with it!
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

yup. and it happens way more often too cuz my scale here is in kilos (so annoying) and so it drops waaaay more slowly... i was like 77.8... 77.6... 77.4... and really wanted to see the 76's! then i wanted the see the 75's!! lol. it's the same everytime it drops one number down! wanna see the next one!!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Oh my, the numbers do mess with our minds, don't they?! Getting to a new decade gives me motivation for a week. And it has to be a number ending in 9, not 0 for it to count (talk about mind games!). Then there was the day when I realized I had less than 200 pounds to lose. For sane people, that would scare them and probably seeming like trying to climb Mt. Everest in flip flops. Not me -- I was thrilled beyond words. But what the heck. If I can mentally drive towards some number that means something only to me, then I'll take it. It helps to battle against the Madison Avenue advertisers who have deemed that the ultra thin should be our role models.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #7  

You guys are super awesome. Gator girl I am right there with you. 170.2 is driving my every thought. I'm scared because my mom and I are going shopping (like 2 hours ago lol I am such a procrastinator). My old clothes feel like tents, I'm kind of scared for what new clothes are going to be like. At the same time I can't wait until they feel like tents too!

I can't wait to hear about when you guys finally jump right off the edge and into another mini goal. Mine is 150s by my graduation.

Betsy, that is such an inspiring story. I am so happy to hear that you are moving towards your goal. I wish I could say that the ultra thin weren't inspiring me somehow. I will say, though, that I am really inspired by the normal looking actresses that I see. Example, there is a Bollywood actress that I truly admire. I can't think of her name but she is one of my favorites! Also, I just completed Joss Whedons Dollhouse for the second time and the girl who plays Mellie is a real inspiration for how beautiful and talented you are without being Eliza Dushku, Summer Glaue, (or insert thinspiration model here). Mellie makes me feel good about myself while Echo (Eliza's character) helps me to strive for a great diet and athleticism.

Kind of started rambling... anything Whedon usually has that effect on me.

Much love!
Old 03-29-2013, 04:12 PM   #8  
forever a lake effect kid

S/C/G: 262.6/181.3/162.6

Height: 5'4''

NetherfieldNerd - I met Joss Whedon at San Diego Comic Con last year! It was amazing! We were lined up for the Firefly 10 year anniversary panel at about 2am and he came through the line, signing things, taking pictures and generally being really cool. I thought I was going to burst into tears right in front of him, but I managed to wait until he was a good distance away, thank goodness!
epicskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Oh man, I know what you mean. This is the third time I've been SO CLOSE to the 170s, but I always lose it here. Today I was 180.2. I just want to see a 7 show up on that scale!!!
MusicalAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:08 AM   #10  

Omg I am so jealous!!! And also kind of psyched that at least someone understood all that rambling.

Third time must be the charm MusicalAstronaut! I was 170 this morning and 173 after dinner and a Starbucks.... Here's to trying to be an excellent pupil on Easter!
Old 04-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #11  

On he other side of the edge! 169 at ill teetering though... Any more success stories from the brink?