Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Question Craving fruit?

Okay....so I have been craving fruit non stop every single day for over two weeks. I eat two cups of fruit a day..mostly berries and peaches but I still crave fruit all the time. Its like.. i dont want to eat anything else but fruit.. Can anyone really do an all fruit diet? I know its not healthy because it lacks in lots of nutrients and stuff like that..but could it actually kill you?? or make you sick?
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Could you start by just adding another cup of fruit in? Seems like a big jump to go from 2 cups of fruit to just all fruit all the time.

Lol I doubt it would kill you. That one dude ate nothing but McDonald's for a month, if that won't kill you I doubt fruit would. But I think any diet that is solely one food group can be a little lacking in many things.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #3  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Are you taking a good multi-vitamin? Part of me is wondering if your body is trying to tell you it wants more vitamins and antioxidants.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/174/160

Height: 5'8"

No it certainly won't kill you, but as Stephanie said, your body will be severely deficient in many essential nutrients you can only gain from other food sources...
Protein is one of the main ones that comes to mind. The same goes for fats. Although they often get demonized, fats play an important role in our hormone levels and brain function. Their are plenty of other reasons why a solely "fruitarian" diet is dangerous and unhealthy and a quick google search would confirm that. There's no problem with eating a lot of fruits, just make sure you're getting all of your other vitamins and nutrients as well!
mariam892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #5  
Annie

Height: 5'2"

Thanks..that helped me too..I was wondering the same thing..only I do eat a little meat and fish and more veggies and take plenty of vitamins but I crave and eat a lot of fruit also
NightowlAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

PorthardyGirl -- if I remember from before, you have PCOS with IR. This may be a craving for sugars and you're still in the sugar cycle (except with more vitamins and fiber!).

You may need to figure out so you don't eat too many carbs that cause the cycle... The answer maybe to eat less fruit.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #7  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i always crave fruit when i am dehydrated...especially pineapple for some reason...and i'm sure if you indulged your cravings, that they would go away in a day or two without officially going on a fruitarian diet
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote