Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/242/168

Height: 5ft 7

Default Really p..d off :(

So I have been dieting and exercising daily now since Jan 1st and have lost just over 2 stone which is great, although my weight loss has really slowed down to next to nothing over the last 3 weeks due to my daily visits to the gym.
Thing is I am off out next saturday for the 1st time since I started my diet and I really wanted to wear a pair of skinny/straight leg jeans rather than the over sized smocks and leggings I usually wear. I have dropped from a size 20 to a size 16 on the bottom but because of the exercising I cannot find a single pair that will go over my calves!!
I know it sounds stupid but I walked out of all the shops nearly crying because I have been working so hard and I wanted to go out and dress my age and feel good, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen.
My hubby's advice was to go a size bigger and I was like "grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"!!!!!!!! I just feel like ringing my friends and cancelling the whole thing.
Sorry for the rant but I am just so fed up
niknaknat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:04 AM   #2  

Congrats on your weightloss so far!!!

I have finally started changes sizes more frequently (yay!!) but it gets expensive too, esp. when we want to wear something specific vs. what's on sale or at the thrift shop.

Have you tried looking at skinny jeans at someplace like Avenue or Lane Bryant? I know a size 16 is so exciting to be in (I can finally wear some!) but you might have better luck in a plus size store that has a little more elastic/spandex in the fabric vs. a pair of Levi's that are all "jean" material (if that makes any sense).

I hope you find what you are looking for, but please please don't cancel! You worked so hard this far, you deserve to have a nice night out!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Those skinny leg leg pants are a problem, I'd like to see the legs that can get into them. I weigh 117 and do not have fat legs, I can't get them on.
Sorry I can't be of help. I can wear Lee's straight leg jeans but they are in no way skinny.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #4  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Boy, I can understand that frustration! I find that even after losing some weight, my calves are still huge. From research, I think it's because my legs have been carrying around such a lot of weight for so many years that it's built-in resistance training for the calves with every step. Some people who have been heavy for a long time don't lose the huge calves even after they lose a lot of weight.

You may just need to reconsider wearing skinny-leg jeans. Like muscle-builders have a hard time finding clothes that fit their special shapes, we may just have to accept that our calves will always be a bit bigger than the "norm" of clothing.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #5  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

I found that JC Penney's ANA skinny jeans are quite wearable. I also hve big calves, but these are well designed and have stretch.

That being said, I hate that I can't buy boots because of my calves, though Torrid has some nice ones that have wider calves
chubbybunny29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #6  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Sort for random, but I have always priced that women who have been significantly bigger don't tend to lose their calve muscles!! I always wondered why.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 242/242/168

Height: 5ft 7

I took all my measurements before I started dieting. The figures are as below.

1st jan..
bust 42"
Waist 44"
hips 47.5"
thighs 28"
calves 17"

15th march..
Bust 37"
waist 37.5"
hips 43"
thighs 26.5"
calves 17" !!!

I do think there is some truth in carrying the extra weight around being the cause for large calves but if I keep losing from everywhere else but my calves I should imagine I am going to look rather odd

Also thankyou for your replies ladies, feeling a lot better today but intend on spending the day on the internet sourcing what will suit my shape at this moment xx
niknaknat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:54 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Those skinny leg leg pants are a problem, I'd like to see the legs that can get into them. I weigh 117 and do not have fat legs, I can't get them on.
Sorry I can't be of help. I can wear Lee's straight leg jeans but they are in no way skinny.
LOL I laughed at your comment because my legs are so skinny that the jeggings which are big enough to fit my stomach are still loose in the legs! Yes, some of us really do have ultra skinny legs. I am thrilled that jeggings and skinny leg pants are in style because usually on me they all have "elephant legs."

But to the OP hang in there!! Yes, it is frustrating when we just can't find clothes that really fit us but you are doing great. I agree about the suggestion of Lane Bryant... that is the only place I can find pants that halfway fit me and they do have some that are skinny leg with just a bit of stretch in the fabric.

Please don't cancel!! Your friends are more important than whether something fits you just as you would like
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #9  
L J

S/C/G: 159/138/135 (HW 200)

Height: 5'4"

I'm so sorry that was such a disappointing shopping trip! Add me to the club that will NEVER be able to wear skinny jeans. I have lost 14lbs and 15inches, but not so much as a millimeter off my calves (or forearms). They are rock solid with no fat, just big. That's just how I'm built. Embrace your big, muscular legs and just wait until shorts season! That's when us girls with strong legs can really shine.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #10  
Empress/Queen

Jeans are hard for everyone, whatever their size. I am short waisted and love jeans but have a hard time finding any that fit but don't hang too low to the ground. I end up getting capris and that is okay, too, because I like them. But I totally understand where you are coming from and how important it is to you wear new skinny jeans in the perfect size to your event.

Please don't cancel and please don't be discouraged. You have made great strides in your journey and jeans are just hard to fit for everyone.

Not sure why following your DH's practical solution of getting a size larger for now might not be acceptible. You can buy a smaller size soon but you will have your jeans for the event. If the waist is too large, you can wear a belt.

Just a thought. Not giving advice. Good luck.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 03-17-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #11  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I personally do not care for the skinny jean trend, but I encourage you to find something you love and rock it!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote