UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 08:45 AM   #1  

Lightbulb back in the saddle again

hi all!

just thought i woudl introduce myslef- i am not a UK fat chick as such but am an irish one, may i join in?

it feels like years since i lasted posted. well i supose it is, it was 1998 when i reached goal b4, but alas i am off the wagon and 20 lbs above goal. so here i am making a commitment to getting it off- have booked a bikini holiday to Greece in August of this year with 3 friends who are sooo slim. so my mission is not to be the pleasant plump friend that sits wrapped in a sarong while the girls parade around the beach/playing volleyball. i speak here from experince- i went last year ( i went last year and felt sooo uncomfortable). got lots of reading done tho'

may i join??
Old 05-19-2003, 11:25 AM   #2  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Missfee..of course you can join i know that feeling all too well i was sweating in the Cayman Islands in dresses because i did'nt want to reveal my bod it feels rotten to be the odd one out
Old 05-19-2003, 12:29 PM   #3  
Theres no stopping me now

Hello and welcome - wish I was going on a bikini holiday
Old 05-20-2003, 01:05 PM   #4  

Hello Missfee, nice to meet you...what part of Ireland are you from??
Good luck in your quest to lose that 20 lbs...I am sure everyone will give you all the help we can.
I must say thay a holiday in the Cayman Islands sounds like a vast improvement to the weather we sre having here right now!!
Old 05-22-2003, 04:40 AM   #5  

thanks all, it is nice to be back!.
have made some positve steps since last i posted- i have joined the gym at work and bought myslef some gym shoes.
gonna work out at lunch time instead of sitting at desk eating crisps!

i have my weigh in in WW tonight, am expecting bad news, but that is ok, the mind set has changed!

wud love to go to the Caymen Islands, *sigh*
is'nt the weather simply awful these days?

i have a confession to make... i have just eaten a cornish pastie- feeling a little guilty, but i figure if i have one day where i am off track i can just make up for it tomorrow with lighter eating and excercise
it was delice ,but i could feel the fat content attaching itself to my thighs and arteries!
Old 05-22-2003, 02:37 PM   #6  
Gym'll fix it!!

It might not be as bad as you think Fiona what else have you eaten today? sometimes we think that one "bad" choice has blown it for the day when in fact it has'nt. Hope the weigh-in went OK
Old 05-23-2003, 04:46 AM   #7  

*phew* weigh in is over! was'nt as bad as i thought, thank goodness! but it is time for me to get seriuous about this- been
playing with same 10 lbs since xmas now...

up and down, up and down. my rubber lbs...

you are riight cathy- and i have to say i have a habit of going "well i have blown it now anyway, might as well keep going...."

and can i tell you- i did- i ate rings around myself yesterday. but am back thinking positively today
Old 05-23-2003, 02:01 PM   #8  
Gym'll fix it!!

we've all done that Fiona i'm glad that you are thinking positive again and ready to tackle those 'rubber' pounds
Closed Thread