Old 03-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/161/140

Height: 5'3"

Arrow 200+ to bikini ready?

My weight loss has been very consistent, which I am very pleased with. At the gym I have been doing cardio and weight training to tighten up my figure. My butt is starting to perk up again - yay! I know in time my cottage cheese thighs will smooth out as I continue to treat my body right and that my stretch marks will fade to small white lines in the future as well.

My question is, after being 245 at my highest weight, at age 26 (close to 27) is it even logical for me to lust after a bikini? My doctor recommended Strivecin (sp?) to help banish the lines, but I honestly believe that I have damaged my body beyond repair and that if I stretch, breathe, or move around in a bikini I'd make people want to hurl.

So, I am reaching out to my fellow 20-something's that have been where I have. Right now most of my lines have started to fade to white. I've never had children, so my marks are from skin being stretched and as I lose weight I can see the damage I've done. I know there is a body image thread, but I wanted to keep this within the age group for comparison.

** Extra question regarding the lower belly pooch. I have searched all over the place for great exercises for a nice stomach all I seem to find are things that are severely uncomfortable right now. Planks seem to be everyone's answer but with my weight, bad shoulder, and gravity seeking butt they are impossible! Crunches work well on my upper abs but those are already starting to define themselves.
Scondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HWK256/SW247/239/150

Height: 5'5"

I think if you so desire to wear on then go for it! Marks or not I would wear it without shame. Plus there are so many cute cuts that don't have to be all-revealing to wear. I'm 26 as well and I often wonder how much I will bounce back. Great job on your 40lbs!
dancinginpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Height: 5'4"

I won't wear a bikini because I don't have the super tight body that I think looks best. I do, however, have a very hot tankini that I got for this summer & it's just as hot as a bikini. I, too, have stretch marks from being 220 & then from having my daughter. So, for me, I'm just ruling it out. BUT lots of women do it & feel as confident as can be in them! Decide what is best for you!

Planks are great, yes, but I also do the Lower Abs Trifecta that I found on Pinterest. http://www.leanitup.com/uberexercise...-abs-trifecta/

Hope that helps!
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #4  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

If you feel comfortable wearing it, then go for it. I personally don't think I could do it. My stretch marks on mytummy rule it out for me. I am 26, have been overweight my adult life (since about 15), and have not had kids. I still have 40 pounds until goal, but the way it's going I don't think my stretch marks are going away anytime soon.

Last edited by kisskiss; 03-06-2013 at 12:59 PM.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #5  
forever a lake effect kid

S/C/G: 262.6/181.3/162.6

Height: 5'4''

Have you tried reverse crunches, where you lift your legs up until your butt is off the ground? Those really work for me, but I have opposite problem from you. My lower belly is going down dramatically, but I have a HUGE muffin top!
epicskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

I think I'll only be able to wear a bikini at goal is with a tummy tuck. But I'm pretty sure I'll get one eventually. I have some tummy overhang and there is no way my body is juts going to suck it back in!
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #7  

Thanks for the responses guys! I'm on my way to tightening this tummy. I'm going to be working on my abs during my new workout routine. I'm also trying St. Ives cream and massaging my tummy. I'm determined to have that sleek 20-something stomach.

Last edited by Scondy; 03-09-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #8  

Warning!! Belly picture with not so pretty marks. Also, got my belly pierced at 18 and I have decided to keep it n as a reminder of my skinny days. Maybe I'll be able to wear it proudly again.

And yes, I do tan. I tan during the winter because it helps my winter blues, so that's why there is a heart.

This is at 202lbs. At 245 it was actually a lot more taunt. >.<
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (18.8 KB, 163 views)

Last edited by Scondy; 03-09-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #9  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

What about those super cute, vintage looking, high wasted bikinis? All hope is gone for me. LOL. But those are so in style these days.
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Scondy, I think your stomach looks great! I'm at 181, 5'7", and my stomach doesn't look nearly as good. It literally hangs over the waistband of my pants. I think I carry all of my weight there so I doubt I'll ever be able to wear a bikini, no matter how much weight I lose.
MusicalAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #11  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

If you're walking confidently and happy in your own skin, no one is going to look close enough to see a little jiggle or a some stretch marks. Go for it. I've seen women with far worse stomachs than that in bikini's lately!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #12  

Thank you ladies for your thoughts. I have been working on my tummy a lot. This week I splurged on food - had a few more carbs than I should have. I am trying not to sabotage myself. >.<
Old 03-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #13  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Hi scondy!

I've never worn a bikini in my life just because of the way I carry weight in my tummy. It's been a constant motivation/fear/dream/tease.

What I have noticed is how many bigger girls rockin' bikinis are out there! I really am too hard on myself. Those girls didn't have perfect bodies but still looked sexy in their bikinis and tankinis.

I don't know if there are creams that can help with the stretch marks? I swear by the plank for firming up and shaping and firming obliques.

I say shop around, find a great bathing suit
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 157.8/157.8/130

Height: 5'5

Hi All,

I agree with everyone.. If you are comfortable wearing a bikini go for it!! Our bodies come in all shapes and sizes. As I have grown up and matured I have realized that it doesn't matter what others around you think. Do what you are comfortable doing!!

Toodles...
N.
s200n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:25 PM   #15  
*Shedding 4 the Wedding*

S/C/G: 250/250/145

Height: 5'5"

I actually have this super cute swim dress that my fiance says looks like lingerie, very sexy! I bought it in a smaller size, and I have hung it up in front of my treadmill to remind me to keep pushing! I am also 26, and around the weight that you were at your biggest, and I too am super concerned about the stretch marks. My wedding is in October, and I would LOVE to be in a bikini for me honeymoon, but the swim dresses are pretty adorable, if you can find the right one.
bridalbarbie86 is offline   Reply With Quote