Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 122/116/110

Height: 5'4"

Default Things to do when you're stressed OTHER than overeating!

I tend to overeat when I'm stressed, which is always. I don't even have a mechanism to stop myself from doing it most of the time, so I'm going to have to work hard. Overeating is obviously a terrible way to deal with stress, so I'm trying to come up with a list of other things to deal with stress so that my binging problem will become less of an issue!

Here, I'll start Please let me know how YOU deal with it!

1. light a scented candle!
2. oil my cuticles - keeps your hands busy, kind of keeps from cooking or reaching for food because your fingers have just been oiled
3. read a new book
4. tea, tea, tea!
5. Start your workout of the day even if you can do one pull-up. You might just feel better.
6. Watch a movie.
7. Moisturize - use up a fancy, fragrant lotion that you usually don't use! I don't know about you guys but I rarely take care of my skin because I'm too impatient, so when I actually do, it feels luxurious.
8. Do a facial - pick up a DIY recipe and relax. If you are doing a facial, it's harder for you to eat while all that stuff is on your face
9. Pin stuff on pinterest? God I'm such a cliche. Scented candles, tea and now pinterest. Sorry.
10. play a game.

I'm totally out, actually. What do you do?

Last edited by mindoverfood; 02-25-2013 at 06:37 PM.
mindoverfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #2  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Clean. Especially chores which require rubber gloves.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:00 PM   #3  

That's a good one. I love cleaning!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Ok, this might sound really crazy, so please don't judge me, but I love to tweeze my leg and arm pit hairs. Yep, I said it. It gives me something to focus on.

I also chew gum and do a lot of the other things mentioned above.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #5  

Lol! No judging, just hope you don't bleed! Especially while plucking armpit hair, ouch!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/123/???

Height: 5'7

If I'm at home and have the time, I find some kind of TV show to watch online, and just shotgun the whole season/series in one go (I especially love BBC historical documentaries, lol).

If that's not possible, then I listen to some podcasts or a book on tape. I stockpile em so I always have a stash of new and interesting things to listen to. If I can, I try to go for walk at the same time and kill two birds with one stone!

Those two always help me the most, because if I get really engrossed in a story I forget about eating. I'll also fill up my water bottle and chug-a-lug while I'm watching/listening, just in case it's actually thirst instead of hunger.

If it's really late at night and I just can't sleep, I'll use a crest white strip thingy to bleach my teeth, so I CAN'T eat for 30 minutes. If I wait that long the random cravings are significantly reduced.

Another good "wait it out" strategy is giving myself a manicure. Also takes about 30 minutes, and I reaaaally don't want to mess it up while it's drying and have to start over.

(p.s. Tweezing is so much LESS painful than epilating or waxing to me... TMI? lol )

Last edited by vabs; 02-25-2013 at 09:13 PM.
vabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #7  

1. Exercise - this is why I always work out in the evening, because that's when I have cravings for junk food. If I exercise instead, I not only get in a work out, I also avoid eating.
2. Fancy herbal teas.
3. Stretching, breathing, easy yoga video.
4. Clean, de-clutter, organize some part of the house.
5. Plan my recipes for next week.
6. Go for a walk.
7. Dance around the house.
8. Take a long shower or bath.
9. Pick up some new nail polish or bath gel.
10. Do a project - like making Valentines or planning a party.
sophiew is offline   Reply With Quote