Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-16-2013, 03:46 AM   #1  
Perseverance

S/C/G: 240/240/170

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy I really need help and advice...

I'm losing it, in fact I think it's all gone. My motivation is practically non-existant, but my desire to lose weight is so strong that I find myself crying over just how much I dislike myself. I was doing fine for a while, but then I got really busy again with University. Now I have a chance to go visit friends that I really care about in May, but I find myself wanting to make excuses not to go because I'm so embarrassed with the state of myself.

What do you do when you get like this? I hate to throw myself a pity party, but I'm so fed up with feeling like I'm worthless because of what I look like. I'm pretty, smart, and have a great personality.....so why did I let myself get THIS way? And how can I change if I just....wont'.
thexfiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

I have the pity party, minus any catering. Lots of tears & resolve to move forward. Make positive changes and habits. Realize that things are not going to change overnight and forgive myself for not trying harder or sooner.
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:56 AM   #3  
Empress/Queen

I no longer have the weight I once carried but often have the same feelings you describe about self-pity, alienation & lack of self-worth.

Hugs, it is normal in life to feel this way. It is not about the weight, really. We just have to keep moving on & seeking help when we need to, reaching out, feeling our feelings, & absolutely going out to see our friends & being part of the real, non virtual world.

Weight is important to me but it does not define me. The same thing for me is career & age, I have let them both define me for too long & I am done with those pity parties.

Don't waste the one life you have despairing over weight.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #4  

Today is a new day! You can't change yourself magically overnight but you can start making changes today! Have you chosen a meal plan yet?

I took it one pound at a time, one day at a time. And they soon added up to measurable mini-goals and celebrations!

Be kind to yourself, you deserve it.

We are here to support you, to celebrate you and motivate you. I hope you use all of the resources on 3FC, they were priceless in helping me to get on my weightloss battle.

Good luck! I can't wait to start reading about your successes!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/135.8/13?

Height: 5'6"

Hey thexfiles ::hugs::

Since you are in college, have you thought about checking out your school's counseling services? That's what helped me get together enough to get started. They might have programs related to weight loss specifically, or you could just have a normal counseling session with someone to help you sort out a lot of the emotions your seem to be feeling.

Everyone is different, so it's completely up to you, but for me talking to someone and getting my head on straight again helped me be in a place where I could actually make real changes in my life. Good luck.
flashfacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/165

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Realize that things are not going to change overnight and forgive myself for not trying harder or sooner
this is one i need to let sink in too, it's hard, but we can keep moving forward
changeforme is offline   Reply With Quote