Old 02-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/176/145

Height: 5'8

Default New to WW and a few questions

I just started WW two weeks ago. I was proud of myself for finally committing to a program. I was nervous my first weigh in, then disappointed when I only lost 2.6 lbs the first week. I eat healthier than I ever have, exercise daily and feel great. My second weigh in is tomorrow and |I feel discouraged. What has everyone lost in their first two weeks? Any advice as to what i may be doing wrong? I track everything I eat so not sure whats up. Thanks!

Last edited by BrettnLaurynsmommi; 02-12-2013 at 10:25 PM.
BrettnLaurynsmommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:38 PM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Welcome!!!

First of all, disappointed that it was "only" 2.6lbs? Honestly? That is a great loss! I'd say I had the same rate as you, an average of 2-3lbs a week for the first month then it slows down with a couple of "whooshes" here and there.

If you did everything right, the scale should go down. But if it doesn't, you may have ate something high in sodium and may be retaining water. Don't stress unless you have something to stress about!! I would say you are doing something wrong ONLY if you are not losing and you ARE losing so obviously you are not doing anything wrong. Losing slow and steady is best.

Don't worry about tomorrow's weigh-in! Just keep going.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #3  

Thanks amandie!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:24 AM   #4  
WW Moderator

I second everything Amandie said! That was a great loss. If you weighed 50-100 pounds heavier, that would still be a great loss. You're closer to goal weight, so you will probably see even lower numbers as you go along, but the big picture is fabulous!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #5  

I think part of my problem is the way I think.You know how you want something so bad and you want it now? I'm impatient I guess. I should be happy with the loss...The main thing is I feel so much better and the scale is going down.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/155

I'm the same way, Brett. When I work hard I want results immediately. I've learned that ANY loss is good. And even if you don't loose a thing, it's a good lesson in maintenance. I keep in mind two sayings, 'you didn't put it on in one week, don't expect to take it off in one week'. And 'this is a marathon, not a sprint'. Don't be discouraged!
beachluvr79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #7  
Cindy

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/136

Height: 5'6"

Sometimes feel I am the most impatient person in the world. I want everything immediately, so I get discouraged and give up quickly. (It's funny, because my kids are that way too, but they're kids so it's understandable, and I'm trying to teach them the value of patience. Me, of all people!)

But I am looking at it this time as a lesson that I need to learn. It's a lesson the universe keeps throwing in my face and I keep rejecting it, but this time I am determined to see it through.

So bottom line is that I totally understand where you are coming from. I am in my third week. Week one I lost 1.8 pounds and I was also disappointed until I realized, hey, that's better than gaining. That attitude helped me to keep going. That, and the tremendous support from the folks here. You are doing great so far. You've come a long way already, you WILL be successful in this journey.
forkeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 315/298.6/150

Height: 5'7

These boards can be very encouraging! I am going on my 4th week and whenever I feel like quitting, I go look at the "Goal photo album" and see how WW really does work! :-) I lost exactly 5lbs my first week, none the second and will probably weigh in tomorrow with a loss of 3lbs. I realized that I shouldn't eat all my extra weekly points, but it is up to your body! Good luck!
Meghan757 is offline   Reply With Quote