South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 06:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Beach Chat for 2/11

We have freezing rain here to start off our week, but hopefully it will be gone by the time I have to leave. The bright spot on this dreary Monday is that I only have a 3-day work week this week.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Linda! You reminded me I need to check how the ice hit us overnight - I expected a school delay, but there's not...so it couldn't have been too bad.

My DH reminded me that with my boss being gone later this week, tonight is the only night I'm home before 7 . I also just volunteered last night to babysit a 7 month old and a 2 year old so their parents can have a date night on Saturday night....great people, just no finances and no family here. I know how tough that can be!

I guess that means I'll have to plan lots of crock pot meals...this afternoon is my grocery shoppin' time.

Anyone have something exciting planned?

Last edited by TwynnB; 02-11-2013 at 07:06 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:22 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Same cruddy forecast here so the Doggage and I will stay home safely although I really should get a Valentine gift to mail to my grand daughter. I may find something in my re-gift drawer but I doubt it.

No gym today because the driving is too dangerous so we will hunker down and do things inside the house. It seems to me we did that for two days last weekend but I don't see much progress except the plants got pruned and watered and the laundry got done. I do have chicken bones in the freezer so may haul them out and make chicken stock. Then there's always quilting. I'm sure I won't be bored.

Stay safe, my PA Pals!
Old 02-11-2013, 07:22 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning We are expecting freezing rain but so far it's quiet. Guess I will play chicken with the weather and hope for the best. At least my phone will let me monitor the weather forecast. Our Lobby Day is Thursday and with the snow last Friday we are all running around trying to catch-up. I might take my President's Day holiday Friday if the weather is nice. Lots of crockpot meals here too
Old 02-11-2013, 07:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning and happy Monday. We were able to move things back onto our kitchen floor this weekend. It looked strange to have furniture in the room after weeks without. It doesn't echo any more. I'm off to the gym this morning. Not much else planned today. It is 2 weeks until my spa trip so I really want to crack down on my snacking to see if I can drop a couple pounds before then, since I know I will gain that while I'm away.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I traveled last night...thought if I left at 530pm I would miss the worst of the ski traffic. wrong. My two hour trip was 4.5 hours. Got home super late and have to work this morning. Complicated by the fact that I brought the pup back with me. I'll BBL just gotta make it through this day.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 93.2kg - 91.5kg - 65kg

Height: 163cm

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you all had a good (snowfilled) weekend.
After 3 weeks of weight ups and downs (after I started P2 and exercising and TOM) I am very happy that the scale is finally moving in the right direction again. That's good as I am hoping to lose another few pounds before we go on holiday in 4 weeks. Can't wait but also sooo much to do till then.
Today is my household day with laundry and cleaning and probably a workout in the evening with DH.
Wishing everyone a good week!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 313/215/175

Height: 5'7"

I'm beginning SB today. Been doing WW for six weeks and gained. I think I eat way too much of the free fruit. Anyway, I'm excited about this. I don't have a problem with rice, bread, or pasta, but I am addicted to sugar/sweets/ice cream. I hope to have a good phase 1.
Do ya'll recommend staying on phase 1 longer than 2 weeks? I'm ok with no "carbs". I like fruit but will give it up to lose weight for sure.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Ginny. People do stay on Phase I longer than two weeks but it really should be considered a sort of detox stage to help you get rid of carb cravings. Have you read the Book? Check out the Revised Food List in the stickies to get you started.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi Ginny!

I don't recommend more than 2 weeks, only because expectations for lots of loss are set too high, and you might falter with it being too strict for too long. However, do a search for Phase 1.5 here on the boards...

I am up and not at em -so tired. Finally not sore but have PT today and Wednesday. Ate a bit off plan yesterday (baked potato with dinner) but didn't eat it all. It was a rough day and when I realized I was drowning my sorrows in food, I stopped. Thank goodness for small steps.

No cravings (good) and exercise today! Hopefully I hear something about a job this week too.

Have a good one.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

I am in a meeting but have a bit of time to escape here. Sounds like everyone is doing well.

I have a blasted full blown case of head cold and could not stay home from work but atleast it's only a 4 day work week this week and next week as I am taking Friday and Monday off to go visit my folks.

Hope everyone continues to do well.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 244/244/140

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi Everyone. Welcome Ginny!
I've just spent the last seven hours at the hospital with my mother (two weeks ago I was with my father at another hospital) while she met with doctors, had tests, and started to contemplate different not-so-great options for treatment. I am exhausted. On a positive note: Thank heavens for compassionate nurses and thoughtful doctors who compensate for those healthcare workers who forget about the "care" part of their job description.

Shockingly, I didn't turn to food for comfort. I had a healthy P1.5 breakfast at 6am and refrained from eating non-SB food at the hospital. The options all day were my old frenemies bagels, chips and chocolate, so I opted for coffee, water and two too many low-fat Polly-O mozzarella sticks that I'd stuck in my purse this morning. NEXT time I'm going to bring crudite and hummus. I'm now starving and eating a "safe" SB meal. :-) I am tired, but I'll see if I can muster the energy to go on the elliptical or (finally!) face Jillian Michaels and start the 30-Day Shred. I am 100% positive that sweating would be more productive than sitting and crying.

Thanks for the opportunity to share/vent. What's that Winston Churchill quote? "If you're going through ****, keep going." This stuff with my parents has certainly stopped me from obsessing about how quickly/slowly numbers on the scale are decreasing! ;-)
Old 02-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Welcome Ginny!

EliseVi so sorry your mom is sick. I commend you for having a plan and sticking with it! Good job keeping things in perspective too. We need to vent so we don't let ourselves eat our emotions. I hope she will be OK. Celebrate your successes each day.

Another crazy busy day. Waiting for my train home. The hours do pass quickly which I like when I am working. I think I do a good job of keeping work separate from home. But boy do I appreciate the life I have been given even more.

More snow being predicted for Wednesday so date might with Joe might get pushed back another week. I am working Thursday. Then he has his son for the week starting Friday. I'm sure we will figure something out. Friday my son and I are having an early bird special lol. We both have the podiatrist at 3:30 so I roped him in for an early dinner. Hey teenagers will eat at any time, especially if someone else is paying lol

Sounds like everyone is doing well.
Closed Thread