Old 02-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #1  
IP start date 2/4/13

Height: 5'10"

Default 1st Day on IP- praying this works

Hey everyone, newbie here and first day on IP. This is not the first time I have done a ketogenic diet as I've attempted it on my own with real food, but kept finding myself constantly been consuming dairy and bacon so that didn't work out.

My chiropractor kept approaching me about this but I kept turning him down, as an ex chiro student myself with a background in biochemistry and nutrition science I thought I could do it on my own.

I finally gave in. Along with this journey I am seeing a therapist for general anxiety disorder and depression and working to manage my stress without food. It's all been a major shift within the last few months to get my life on track. The last year for me was pretty disastrous after my unsuccessful wedding day, an ectopic pregnancy and falling out with a business partner after 18 months of working on sweat equity and draining our savings.

My husband is super supportive of me and I want to be the best version of myself and he deserves that part of me as well. I crave being in great shape more than anything else in my life and nothing can ever replace that feeling. I am praying this is my last attempt at something and can stick to it as the last 7 years has been nothing but yo-yo dieting and 100+ pound weight gain.

Decided to join this forum for support. Not really making this public with friends and family so I thought I would try this.

Thanks for letting me tell my story. Looking forward to great success and helping others here as well.
SFNinerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:28 PM   #2  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

We're all struggling with challenges, but the good thing is, this DOES work and you'll always have some advice, an ear, or a smile here. Your first few days will be the toughest. Just push through. By the weekend, you'll be feelin' fine and on your way to lookin' fine too!
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:35 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8

This site is full of information and lots of people who often experience the emotions this diet can bring - first weeks tough but it dose get better!!!
Dinie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:31 AM   #4  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Welcome!
You will find a lot of people here on this site who have been and continue to be successful with IP. There is great inspiration and motivation. I learn from others, daily when I visit this site!
Sorry, to hear about the difficult challenges you faced this past year. Just realize you survived and have become stronger because of it. You can do anything that you set your mind to!
IP gets pretty straightforward and fairly simple once you get past the first week of eating a lot less carbs. Take the time during the first couple of weeks and build a good routine, one that encompasses planning ahead. I think this program will be really good for you after the stress of last year. If you just keep trudging forward, the time goes by quickly and before you know it you've lost significant weight, start receiving compliments and needing to buy new SMALLER clothes. Good Luck and we are ALL here for you! Jen
JenRem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:34 AM   #5  
Alex Michelle

S/C/G: 234/151.8/145

Height: 5'9

YAY! You've came to the right place and have chose the right diet thats for sure. Your first week will be the toughest, it gets so much easier as the time goes by I promise. AND you will start to not crave any junk food which is awesome. Its a great community to be a part of on here lots of help and suggestions.

Last edited by alexmichelle05; 02-05-2013 at 12:38 AM.
alexmichelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/215/150

Height: 5.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmichelle05 View Post
YAY! You've came to the right place and have chose the right diet thats for sure. Your first week will be the toughest, it gets so much easier as the time goes by I promise. AND you will start to not crave any junk food which is awesome. Its a great community to be a part of on here lots of help and suggestions.

Hi , I am gidget. You look great. Can you give some advice and do's and dont's . I don't want my weight loss to slow down.
gidgetonsweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #7  
IP start date 2/4/13

Height: 5'10"

Thanks for the support. It's great to see all of your successes so far. I appreciate the words of encouragement.
SFNinerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #8  
Restart IP 9/26/13

S/C/G: 208/185/140

Height: 5'6

Hi! And welcome! We are happy to have you. And take if from a newbie that's been on this for 3 weeks,it works!! I have lost weight in the past but not like this. I thought it would be much harder as I, like you am an anxiety/stress/emotional eater... And I have had a couple of days where I wanted to cave but it passed after an hr or so. I guess at this point I want to focus on my health and getting on track. I want this bad enough that I will not allow myself to cheat.

Hang in there! You can do this! Just remember to get through the tough first week or first 3 days really. After that it becomes easy! Remember it takes 21 for the mind to form a habit! That's less than a month!!

We are here for you!
Katkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #9  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidgetonsweets View Post
Hi , I am gidget. You look great. Can you give some advice and do's and dont's . I don't want my weight loss to slow down.
DO follow the protocol 100% to the letter.

DO stick to weekly weights, stressing about the number on the scale won't make it move faster.

DO come to this board for advice and encouragement.

DON'T get worried when you have weeks that your losses are smaller (notice I say WHEN not IF). Your body adjusts along the way, and it's totally normal to have low weeks. Also remember that weight loss is measured in more ways than just the scale - on a week you don't lose pounds you may lose inches.

DON'T CHEAT! Cheating or going off the plan will never help you - mentally or physically.

Last edited by scorbett1103; 02-05-2013 at 09:56 AM.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #10  

Height: magmeepEVE

Welcome, SFNinerGirl! I'm so sorry that you have faced so much in the past year. My journey is like yours. I'm an emotional eater and over the last 8 years, I just ate my stress away, which of course, really taught me that stress eating doesn't help and just makes things worse.

But that all changed when I started IP in August. If you follow this diet 100%, you will be amazed at the changes that happen to your body and your mind. Let them happen. Find ways to deal with the stresses. Enjoy getting your body back and your mind clearing. Enjoy eating all the veggies and trying new ways to eat. At first it can seem hard (especially the first week), but it gets so much easier.

You're in the right mind set, going in the right direction with dealing with the emotional issues. You have everything to be extremely successful on the IP diet. So good luck, and keep coming back here. This forum is a great learning tool, and also has the most wonderful support.
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/160/140

Height: 5'3"

Welcome and know that you are in good company! I totally understand the emotional and stress eating but am happy to say that those cravings go away and you CAN do it! The mental connection to food can be tough some times, but just keep fighting through!
Day 2 was the hardest for me! By the time I got to day 3 it was hard but I figured that I was almost in ketosis and didn't want to go back to day 1 all over again! It is so worth it though! I started on Boxing Day 2012 and have lost 18.5 lbs!
Be encouraged! You CAN do it and you ARE worth it! This forum really helps too!
karcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #12  

Testing
Old 02-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #13  

I post messages and they go to cyber space
Old 02-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
Welcome, SFNinerGirl! I'm so sorry that you have faced so much in the past year. My journey is like yours. I'm an emotional eater and over the last 8 years, I just ate my stress away, which of course, really taught me that stress eating doesn't help and just makes things worse.

But that all changed when I started IP in August. If you follow this diet 100%, you will be amazed at the changes that happen to your body and your mind. Let them happen. Find ways to deal with the stresses. Enjoy getting your body back and your mind clearing. Enjoy eating all the veggies and trying new ways to eat. At first it can seem hard (especially the first week), but it gets so much easier.

You're in the right mind set, going in the right direction with dealing with the emotional issues. You have everything to be extremely successful on the IP diet. So good luck, and keep coming back here. This forum is a great learning tool, and also has the most wonderful support.
Congrats you have done so well. I am stuck with a loss of 1lb a week and i am following the diet. No Cheating !. I am getting discouraged. My hours were cut on my job. That $100 is killer. $100 per 1lb makes it harder.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #15  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidgetonsweets View Post
Congrats you have done so well. I am stuck with a loss of 1lb a week and i am following the diet. No Cheating !. I am getting discouraged. My hours were cut on my job. That $100 is killer. $100 per 1lb makes it harder.
How many weeks have you been on IP? What were your losses each week?
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote