Old 01-26-2013, 12:42 AM   #1  
the aly bagel

Height: 5'8"

Default More calories? Feeling great...

I've been eating extremely healthy since Sunday, and I've gone to the gym 3 times this week as well for an hour and a half.

My issue is since I'm eating so healthy, I have difficulty getting in all my calories. But, I don't feel lethargic like someone eating too low. I feel like I have a ton of energy, and I'm taking a multi-vitamin and calcium, and I don't get hungry often because I snack on veggies. I have no trouble sleeping, and my mood has been high. The thing is I'm eating between 1100-1400, with most of the days being 1200 or less.

I try to eat more but I just feel too stuffed with veggies and fruit by the end of the day. I will also have some cottage cheese or an egg if I feel I need extra protein, so that also keeps me full.

Should I just keep going with this as long as I feel good with it?
schubunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: See tracker :3

Height: 5'5

Lots of people will say lots of stuff about this, it's one of those things that people argue about a lot...but..my advice is...

Don't everevereverever force yourself to eat when you're not hungry, especially non-filling empty calories just to make sure you're 'at a number'...that won't do any good.

Listen to your body. Do you feel good, and healthy and strong? Then keep on keepin' on...(in my opinion)
DandelionCupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/152/110

Height: 5'1½''

My advice would be to make it to at least 1200 every day. You might feel good now but there's no telling how your body's going to react down the road!

Easy calories = peanut butter. Lol! A spoon of it can be 250 calories.
out from under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/123/???

Height: 5'7

How much less than 1200 are you eating? If you feel alright, then you probably are alright. But if it's way under 1200 and this becomes a long term thing, then that could be a problem.

Imo there's nothing nutritionally magical about the number 1200. There are lots of diets (mostly of the pre-packaged variety) that go under 1200. I still think that's still very, very low, but it's not necessarily dangerous. If you're getting all the essential fats, vitamins/minterals, and protein you need, then I wouldn't worry.
vabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: SW194/CW144/GW140

Height: 5.10

Let your body and energy level guide you. If your not hungry and have energy, you are good.. but if you have one than eat more. My target calories are guidelines, not absolute numbers.
hiddenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #6  
the aly bagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs View Post
How much less than 1200 are you eating? If you feel alright, then you probably are alright. But if it's way under 1200 and this becomes a long term thing, then that could be a problem.

Imo there's nothing nutritionally magical about the number 1200. There are lots of diets (mostly of the pre-packaged variety) that go under 1200. I still think that's still very, very low, but it's not necessarily dangerous. If you're getting all the essential fats, vitamins/minterals, and protein you need, then I wouldn't worry.
I'd say maybe 50 cals less than 1200 and I am making sure I get all my daily vitamins.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I will try to have more cal this weekend, but I will not eat junk or past fullness. Before I ate healthy I would eat high cals and feel sluggish, but now I am eating fruits veggies and whole grains I am low but feel soo good!

Last edited by schubunny; 01-26-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #7  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I wouldn't stress about 1150 vs 1200, but if you want to get more calories you can try higher calorie healthy options, such as: peanut butter, almond butter, avocados, etc.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:54 PM   #8  
the aly bagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
I wouldn't stress about 1150 vs 1200, but if you want to get more calories you can try higher calorie healthy options, such as: peanut butter, almond butter, avocados, etc.
I ate just under 1400 today, so doing better! I wasn't hungry all day but a bit nippy before bed, but that's normal for me since I go to bed fairly late. I will usually just go to sleep and have a good breakfast when I get up.