South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-16-2013, 10:04 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Blender/juicer recommendations?

I need some recommendations, my blender died and I am wanting to get a new one that I can do some juicing with as well and there are so many choices I cannot make up my mind.

Do you have one that you really love and that does a good job with fruits and vegetables juicing as well as making frozen fruit smoothies?
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I decided to invest in a VitaMix when my blender died, and I absolutely love it. They're expensive, but it's worth every penny and I know I won't have to be buying a new blender every couple of years.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:19 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I did the same thing cottage did. After years of thinking about it I took the plunge a year and a half ago. It has a 7 year warranty so I feel better about spending the money. I absolutely love it.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

My friend has his Vitamix for almost 10 years. I have a Ninja, it came with three size containers. I've had it two years and absolutely love it. I use the large on to purée soups. The medium is perfect for smoothies, chopping veggies etc. The little one is perfect for veggies, nuts, gravies etc. I've never tried making juice as I am not really a juice person
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

We're on the vitamix wagon, too! We bought one and have used it every day since. We had to always haul it between houses and the first time I forgot it we decided it was well worth it to purchase a second one. Now we don't have to haul it back and forth.

I "juiced" for years in Alaska but juicing takes all the pulp out. You have all the pulp to deal with and it takes larger quantities of produce to make smaller amounts of juice. We are quite happy consuming the pulp which is where all the great fiber is anyway.

Consumerreports gave a rave review for the ninja primarily because it's alot less expensive. I saw it at costco just the other day.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks everyone, after looking at the prices I think for now I will go with the ninja.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote