Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Question IFIT For Treadmill...have you used it?

Hello all....just purchased a treadmill that has this option....how does it really work and have u used it. Bought a Proform 4500 and it should be here in a couple weeks. This treadmill has a lot of bells and whistles better motivate me or nothing will! LOL. Never used this IFit tech. Or the Julian Michaels downloadable programs. I am 5'1" and hope I can customize these programs for the running/walking part....concerned because I don't want to start a program and find out the running part will start moving out and I will fly off the dang thing. LOL. I am 125 and want to lose about 15 pounds....hoping a treadmill like this will keep me motivated. I am excited about it. Stay tuned. If anyone has a treadmill like this, please drop me a line and tell me what u like or don't like about it. This even has Google maps where u can get a street view of most anywhere in the world and u can program your own routes and the incline adjusts to the terrain up or down. Too cool! Who knew treadmills could do this?

Any information would be helpful...how long are these programs?

Thank you.

Last edited by taben07; 01-10-2013 at 11:36 AM.
taben07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I love my Jillian iFit cards...I use one almost every day.

They are a GREAT workout, and Jillian talking in my ear is actually quite motivating.

The programs are 30, 35, or 45 min long. And hard.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/229/140

Height: 5'4"

WOW
No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch!
That is a quote I need to keep in mind, I have just recently joined 3FC, and have just recently joined the local YMCA, the only thing that i'm concentrating on right now ( other than diet of course) is the treadmill and building up my stamina. I am doing a 25 minute walk, at what seems like a slow pace to most, but for me I feel like I'm burning up some rubber...lol
I really like walking on the treadmill because of the cusion and stbility it gives me, when I walk outside the un eveness of the sidewalk makes it hard at times for me. 30 years ago I was in the militray and I have old Cadence Marches on my MP3 player... which keeps reminding me of I can do this and it keeps me marching !!.. Good luck and enjoy
hayem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:29 AM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch!
Ain't that the truth!!!

I have no comment on the IFit, I have no idea what it is, but that quote is a keeper....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote