Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 06:23 PM   #1  

Angry The Duchess of York

Just thought I'd share. I went to a WW Anniversary in Long Island, NY today and the Duchess was there to speak. It was really great. It's comforting to know that famous people have similar struggles that us common folk do..lol. She was funny and seemed very sincere. I met Weight Watchers from all over NY and we enjoyed sharing our stories. There were 5 people who were pre-selected to share their successes. One woman lost 176 pounds. WOW. She looked great. I've already lost 34 pounds and have kind of plateaued recently. Hearing some of the stories today gave me just the push I needed to break through and finish the job. I'm just 15 pounds from goal and know I will get there.

Hope this gives some of you push too!

Stacey
200.8/166.8/150
Old 05-02-2003, 08:16 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Yes it is nice. Just to let you know that I started close to your starting weight and have gotten almost down to 150 (personal problems led me to gain) and I will get there this time for sure. I have been playing with 15 pounds up and down for over a year because of personal problems. No one is to blame but me.

Congrats on your 34 pounds.
Old 05-14-2003, 04:57 PM   #3  

I would love to hear her speak some day; what an interesting person!
Did you know she may do a talk show here? Here's the article published today, in the British press:

Sarah 'set to host US chat show'

The Duchess of York is set to host a daily chat show in the US.

The Duchess has signed a development deal to make Fergie, a one-hour syndicated programme with Universal Television Enterprises.

If the pilot is successful, the 42-year-old will divide her time between New York, where the show will be made, and England with her daughters.

UTE President Steve Rosenberg said: "Sarah is an amazing person and a one-of-a-kind talent who is perfect for television.

"There is no-one else like her. She is the person next door whose inspirational stories of survival make her so incredibly appealing to viewers and stations."

The Duchess says she relishes the prospect of doing the show.

"I enjoy being with people, so I'll feel in my element with a daily talk show.

"I am constantly inspired by the many people I meet and I would like to be part of an exciting television programme that celebrates life and the human spirit," she said.

The show, which would see the Duchess competing with the likes of Oprah Winfrey, has been earmarked for the 2003-2004 season.

The pilot series is reported to be worth £500,000 to her, but neither UTE or the Duchess's spokeswoman would confirm the figure
Closed Thread