Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/165

Height: 5'9.5"

Default motivation wobble

it might just be that i'm still a little under the weather, it might be that this is my third 12 hour shift in a row and work has been unbelievably busy lately. but today, waking up, i'm just not feeling it. i'm ready to go back to bed, eat a box of something sure to send me into a food coma and try again tomorrow. that's not really a choice though, and getting out and walking the dog helped my mood some, but if anyone has any motivation to spare to help get me through this shift today i'd really appreciate it :
changeforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/177/135

Height: 5'7

I know how you feel, I often want to comfort eat out of stress, boredom or loneliness. It can be tough to stay motivated when those patches hit. But you already made the choice that you weren't going to do that and took your dog on a walk instead, so good job! This journey is more than about staying motivated, it's about choices. You can get through this shift, and you will leave feeling proud and accomplished that you did not resort to comfort eating to deal with it. You can do it. Maybe instead you can look forward to a nice, long hot bath once you're done.

Last edited by DecemberSun; 01-01-2013 at 09:04 AM.
DecemberSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

You mentioned being under the weather. Sometimes being sick can really set you back. You might feel weak and depressed even though the illness is over.

Good for you for walking the dog. That beats eating a "box of something" by a long way.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 191/184/140

Height: 5'4" BMI-31.6=OBESE!

I comfort eat too so I can relate, especially if I'm tired or under the weather. If you're tired go sleep. But leave the box of something. Good for you for walking the dog! I guess I should go walk mine now.
valentine21463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #5  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Oh dear! With 3 twelve hour shifts, I understand why you're not feeling it! Rest, and see how you feel after that. I'm glad you got out and walked the dog, though. Even that little bit is better than nothing at all.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/165

Height: 5'9.5"

omg, disaster. came home from work to find the puppy semi-conscious in a puddle of vomit. pill bottles scattered all around, rushed her to the emergency vet. she's going to be hospitalized for 2 days to give her fluids and monitor her kidney function, this morning she walked though, last night she couldn't even hold her head up.

thanks for the support everyone, screw breakfast, i'm going back to bed.
changeforme is offline   Reply With Quote