Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/177/150

Height: 5'6"

Question What keeps you motivated?

I'm at the point in my weight loss journey that I have lost most of the weight I set to lose (6 pounds to go) and I have been so lazy. I've been eating crap and haven't exercised in weeks! I've maintained a weight of 157-164 for the past few months and I'm ready to start losing again and toning instead of maintaining. Anybody else lost most of their weight and struggling to stay motivated?
Rose426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #2  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

while ive only lost half the weight that ive set out to lose...what keeps me motivated is the enjoyment that i have now that i've lost weight, liking my body and able to do things like running that i couldnt do before...and also slightly motivated by the fear of slacking off and regaining everything

two years ago for christmas, before i began losing weight, i was given Spanx as a present...how embarassing!...this year i got a personal pen that says "hottie" on it...i never want to go back to the weight that i was
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:58 PM   #3  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I don't have any answers really, but I relate. I have definitely found it difficult to stay on track the closer I get to goal. I've relied more on my commitment to myself than on motivation. I can't say I've been motivated more than a day or 2 at a time for months. I miss motivation. This last bit has been so incredibly mentally exhausting. It's so hard at this point with so little left to lose especially with the holidays.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:01 PM   #4  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Skinny feels good! It feels so, so good! I only have about 10-15 pounds left to go. I'm so happy with how I look and I can imagine how happy I will be when I get to my final goal weight.

I made a decision to take a break from weight loss and maintain through the holidays. I had planned to go back to weight loss in January. Now I'm thinking about not going back to actively losing weight, but, like you, focusing on toning.

I was afraid it would be tough getting back in to weight loss, but I'm feeling really motivated now. I don't know why. Now planning and doing are two different things, so I hope how I feel today and how I feel a week from now are the same!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote