Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #1  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Default Crazy NSV (share yours too)

I wasn't brave enough to take my measurements until I'd already lost some weight. At 212 on 3/31/12 I finally did. Which leads me to this NSV I realized today.

My waist is now smaller than my thighs used to be!

At 212 my thighs were 27.75 inches! So obviously at my highest weight they were even bigger. My waist just got below 28 inches. How crazy is that!?

Share any NSVs you've had lately. I love reading them, they're so inspirational!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:50 PM   #2  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Congrats! My crazy NSV was when I put on my wedding dress and it dropped straight down from shoulders to the ground. My waist measurement then is bigger than my shoulders or hips now!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #3  

Height: 5'4

My crazy NSV (Heck, it's not even a NON-Scale Victory, it's a victory flying in the face of the scale!) is that even though my weight has been steadily climbing (I've gained approximately 8 pounds in the past few months) my clothing sizes have not.

In fact, I'm proudly rocking some size 2 skinny jeans right now...

Yep, weightlifting!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

Nice!! (And Joss--you kill me!! In the best possible way--said from skinny-fat land! ;-)
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #5  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Wow, it's just amazing to think that it was ever possible that your waist could be as big as your thighs used to be, LockItUp. Or that your shoulders are smaller than you waist used to be Arctic! It just makes you go, "woa". Great job!

And Joss, I'm soft, and staying steady in weight, but feeling awfully plump. I need to work on that muscle! I love how you've gained but haven't grown!

Last edited by twinieten; 12-09-2012 at 08:50 PM.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #6  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Woohoo! I haven't done measurements yet, but I had to take the extra link out of a watch I've had since I moved home in 2008. I didn't go near a scale back then, but this is pretty awesome proof that I'm smaller than I was when I moved home!!!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:02 PM   #7  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

Awesome NSV!

I had one today; my family and I went to a Hanukkah party with a DJ, and I got up and danced the Cha-Cha dance. In my former body I never would have done that; I was way too self-conscious and uncomfortable in my own skin. My girls asked me to join them, and I was a little hesitant at first, but I got up there with all the kids (and a couple other brave adults) and danced- and had a blast. It feels so great to be out there living instead of just watching from the sidelines.
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #8  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Wow! Awesome!

My waist is smaller than my thighs were too. I know my thighs were 30+" and now my waist is around 24"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JossFit View Post
My crazy NSV (Heck, it's not even a NON-Scale Victory, it's a victory flying in the face of the scale!) is that even though my weight has been steadily climbing (I've gained approximately 8 pounds in the past few months) my clothing sizes have not.

In fact, I'm proudly rocking some size 2 skinny jeans right now...

Yep, weightlifting!
Whoo awesome! You ROCK!

I'm thinking about jumping back on the bulking train, My weight's been up about a pound and I'm looking BETTER (my stomach is flatter) and lifting heavier. I'm actually my ticker weight now, and I look sooooo much better than I did when I weighed 107!!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I noticed yesterday that the size 12 jeans I bought about a month ago were starting to feel loose. Today, I walked around in ridiculously saggy baggy size 14 jeans that were acceptable just a week or two ago. (This has got to stop! I just need to go shopping but I'm waiting until the after-Christmas sales.)

You weight lifting ladies have me seriously thinking. The wheels have been turning the past few days. I've been looking into NROWL4W and what would be needed to do it at home. I feel a New Years resolution in the making....
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #10  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

I have this pair of pants that I never wore because the day I bought them, I went to a new endo who made me go off my thyroid meds for a month. I tried them on before the month was over and I couldn't lift them past my knees. Then yesterday I did lift them up and button them and everything.

So then I changed into my pj's which were very tight and now are loose and went to sit on the couch... And as I was thinking about how excited I was over having gotten smaller, I ripped my pj's... Dammit.
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
... I'm thinking about jumping back on the bulking train, My weight's been up about a pound and I'm looking BETTER (my stomach is flatter) and lifting heavier. I'm actually my ticker weight now, and I look sooooo much better than I did when I weighed 107!!
Well I wouldn't say that my gain was an intentional 'bulk'. I've just had a lot more indulgences over the past few months combined with less cardio due to some foot injuries. I just kept lifting heavy throughout and so that's just kind of what ended up happening!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving Forward View Post
... You weight lifting ladies have me seriously thinking. The wheels have been turning the past few days. I've been looking into NROWL4W and what would be needed to do it at home. I feel a New Years resolution in the making....

Why wait?
Old 12-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #13  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
I wasn't brave enough to take my measurements until I'd already lost some weight. At 212 on 3/31/12 I finally did. Which leads me to this NSV I realized today.

My waist is now smaller than my thighs used to be!

At 212 my thighs were 27.75 inches! So obviously at my highest weight they were even bigger. My waist just got below 28 inches. How crazy is that!?

Share any NSVs you've had lately. I love reading them, they're so inspirational!!!
-------
LockitUp, your waistline is amazing! I bet it's smaller even now.
Well, I thought I would share my NSV with everyone so here goes...
I bought some skinny jeans from Old Navy about a month ago, under the impression I was supposed to buy 1 size lower, so I selected the sz16s. I tried all 3 pairs on and it is true what they say about ON, no two pairs are sized the same. I do fit in one, almost in another (cords) and the cutest of all I put up to try again by February. I am so excited. They are cute and figure hugging so my legs aren't swimming, as with all jeans before I tried these.
Aside from that I do have the scale victory too that finally dumped the 'teen' digit, I'm 208. Working at getting to Onederlrland. I want to thank all of you who have shared your victories, it keeps me going.

Last edited by avalonmoon; 12-11-2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: typo
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 185/140/115

Height: 5'0 TALL

Congrats on your NSV

Today I learned I can slip out of my jeans without unbuttoning and unzipping Sure it was one of the jeans I wore "20 pounds ago" but it was one of the tighter jeans and I remember not even getting it up passed my hips
Nayshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:45 AM   #15  

Height: 5'8.5"

LOL okay I guess I will "admit" to this one. But a couple weeks ago I started wearing the "too small" pants I had bought earlier and saved until I could get into. When I started wearing them it was all I could do to button/zip them (I have a large stomach and very skinny legs so wanted the smaller size on my thighs/legs). Well... today at work I felt that my undies needed a bit of adjusting. I went into the bathroom and was able to stick my hand down the back of my pants to straighten my undies... without bothering to unzip or unbutton my pants!

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 12-12-2012 at 03:46 AM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote