Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 08:55 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 4/28 - 5/5

Starting the topic - be right back
Old 04-28-2003, 11:03 AM   #2  

Lynne - Welcome - please do join us. I think you'll find we are a pretty supportive bunch!

Kathy - I like the name change. I'll join you in your goal for Memorial Day although I think it's more realistic for me to shoot for 8 pounds.

Karen B - I hope you had a great weekend and Jen is doing well.

Carla - Dinner was so much fun. I think we could have talked all night! Thinking back on it, we did really well food wise.

Anne - Sorry to hear about the gain but you are back here and sound like you are ready to get back on track. We'll do it!

I had a great weekend. Of course, it started with meeting Carla for dinner and as you know, we had a great time in addition to doing well dinner-wise. It was great to see my other friends. I didn't do badly food wise - the one time I had dessert I split it with one of my friends. I didn't count points but ate fairly reasonably. On Saturday, I bunch of us went out to a Tapas restaurant - althoug some of the selections might have been a little high point, we each only had a taste - it was a great way of eating - little tastes of things. I did about 5 hours of workouts over the weekend - they were great and I'm sure all of that sweat took care of a few of the extra points I ate. My sneak peek this morning was better than when I left last Thursday so I'm hoping to see a maintain (at worst) on Saturday.

Now back to work - yuk!
Judy
Old 04-28-2003, 02:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Lynne - Of course, you're welcome to join us. Stick with us and we'll help you through.

Judy - Tapas, mmm. Did you end up going into the city? Sounds like you did really well the entire weekend. I'm sure that with all those workouts you burned more than you consumed.

I had an ok weekend. We had Chinese last night, so that's not helping the already wicked water retention I have going on. Thank goodness TOM has started so the water should leave soon, although I'm preparing myself for a scary trip to the scale on Wednesday. I'm starting month 2 of the SELF challenge (about a month behind schedule, but at least I'm still hanging on). I'll be kicking up my workouts at notch - the challenge adds a third strenghth session and a third stretching session per week as well as an additional cardio, which is to be done just for fun - time doesn't matter. We'll see how it goes.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 04-29-2003, 09:17 AM   #4  

Carla - We went to Emilio's but not in the city. I'd say it was about a 15 minute ride from the hotel but I don't remember exactly where. Sorry to hear about the water retention - I know you'll be guzzling water today. Way to go on hanging in there with the SELF challenge.

I had an OK day yesterday. I managed to eat at my minimum - it was a busy night and we ate a little on the late side. I did a yoga/stretch workout - not very strenuous but it felt good. I'm going to try to do a yoga workout when I get home but I know it's tough after a day in the city.

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 04-29-2003, 11:18 AM   #5  

Hi all,

Judy - I've heard of Emilios. I thought it was in Naperville, but I could be wrong. Did you end up having pizza at Giordano's? Eating a minimum is a feat I rarely accomplish. Good for you. I hope your day isn't too draining.

Yesterday was an ok day for me too. I have to get to the grocery store and get the pantry and fridge restocked. Always much easier to stay OP when there's a variety of good food to choose from. I'm suited up for a workout it a bit. I'll be hopping on the bike after I get off the computer. And then tonight I'll get in a strength and flexibility workout. Tomorrow, if the weather holds, I might try to do a walk.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 04-30-2003, 01:22 PM   #6  

Wow, it sure is quiet in here.

I ended up not feeling too good yesterday, so I didn't workout. I feel better today and I did my time on the stationary bike this morning. I wish I could say I'm full of energy, but that would be a lie. I think maybe a nap will be in order. I didn't weigh in today because I'm still retaining water and I just didn't feel like dealing with it.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 04-30-2003, 03:22 PM   #7  

Carla - Sorry to hear that you are still retaining water. Have you been guzzling? Way to go on getting on the stationary bike this morning. I did not do any exercise when I got home last night - I don't know about tonight either sincd it's one of those crazy days and I may be home a little on the late side. However, I am going to exercise before work tomorrow (it's a telecommute day). I think I can count on one hand the nubmber of times I've eaten at my minimum. Last night I snacked a couple of the points I banked but I still have some in the bank. I think it was because I was trying to catch up on so many things and was busy rather than relaxing, watching TV, etc - good for the diet but no so good otherwise. Anyway, my goal for tonight is to be sure that this crazy day doesn't translate into a snacking night. A 20 minute yoga tape would be a good way to help that - that or a glass of wine!

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 04-30-2003, 09:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi Judy and Carla,

First I am glad you had a nice visit. You two both seem to be doing pretty well this week.

I have not been to good. I am glad to say that I had a maintain for this week. I was looking at a big plus but somehow managed to get it down to a maintain. I am going to start going to meetings next week. I got some coupons in the mail ( I am a lifetime member, 15 years and 50 pounds ago).
Frankly I am tired of losing the same 10 pounds. I lose them, then gain some back, lose those 5, then gain 6, etc.... I know you guys know that story. I am hoping the meetings will get me to move on and drop this weight.

I see I have managed to jump on another bandwagon. I will get off and look forward to hearing from you guys.

Anne
194/185/140
Old 05-01-2003, 09:18 AM   #9  

Anne - Congratulations on the maintain! Yup, that story is familiar to me (lose those 5, then gain 6). Good for you for deciding to go back to meetings. I think it's important to do what you think you need to do to succeed.

I did not do well yesterday evening. I missed a train and got home later than I had hoped. I didn't do any yoga and although I relaxed, I snacked. I'm now 5 points in the deficit and my rings are tight - no surprise that my rings are tight and my sneak peak was awful. My goal for today is to get in some good exercise, drink a ton of water and get rid of my deficit so I can try to eke out at least a maintain this week (I was doing OK until yesterday).

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 05-01-2003, 02:23 PM   #10  

Hi all.

Anne - I hear you about losing and gaining and losing the same pounds over and over again. I've been doing that for so long I don't want to think about it. Congrats on the maintain - it's always a blessing to pull a maintain out of what was looking to be a gain.

Judy - Sorry you went into a deficit yesterday. I fell apart too. I did fine until the late afternoon/early evening, then it went to heck in a handbasket. Well, a handbasket or a KFC bucket. I was tired, it was rainy, my hormones were still out of whack, I think. Whatever the reason, I didn't cook, John brought home KFC, and the rest is history.

At least I hopped on the bike again today. I grumbled all the way, but I did it. Next week is my dr. appt and he is not going to be happy with my weight, so I better have my exercise ducks in a row. It's rainy and chilly here the past couple of days - lots of storms yesterday. I'm off now to have some soup - always a comfort food on days like today. And I've been pleasantly surprised to discover that many of the Campbell's Chunky soups are actually very point friendly.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 05-02-2003, 01:58 PM   #11  

Wow - sure is quiet around here.

Carla - Sorry to hear about the KFC - good for you for getting on the bike and having some point friendly soup.

I had another tough day yesterday. I did a great cardio routine which basically erased my deficit but I got the snack attacks again last night. I have to check my calendar - I think I may be slipping into PMS. BUT, afterwards, I was a bit disgusted with myself so I decided to make a 0 (basically) point snack - so I made some ff, sf jello. I totally forgot about it as a good way of satisfying my sweet tooth. I did a good abs workout today and hope I can squeak out a maintain tomorrow.

Have a great weekend!
Judy
Old 05-04-2003, 10:06 PM   #12  

Hi gals,

Just a quick fly-by, I am hanging in there but very very busy with the new job. I'm in the process of doing some "soul searching" with regards to my lack of motivation for sticking to an eating and exercise plan, so my posts may be infrequent for the next few weeks.

I'll be lurking though, and posting as I have the opportunity. Keep up the GREAT work!

S.
Closed Thread