Old 11-25-2012, 12:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/162/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Restricted Foods

Ugh, so after asking questions and reading many of the post, I realized I have been consuming 2 restricted items each day. Why didn't my coach pick up on this when I was buying my food. I am very frustrated. I do need some Ideas for snacks. I was eating soy puffs and bar each day. What can i use to replace the soy puffs? I tried the pudding last night and had to throw away. I am a very picky eater so it is hard. In the morning, I need a quick grab and go. Looking forward to your responses.
frd2all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8

i find the ready made drinks are really good - especially the vanilla one i order enough each week for breakfast every morning. simple grab out of the fridge and go

i find the soups are nice and easy especially the mushroom i like to add some veggies into it
same with the broccoli cheese- i normally make extra veggies the night before for lunch the next day and adding broccoli to the broccoli cheese soup it adds some texture to it and gets the veggies in
Dinie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #3  

I have to do a little more planning for the morning. I use a choc drink mix and then warm it for cocoa. Its delicious! A friend at work took a sip and asked me what kind I had since it was so good! If you mix the orange drink and vanilla drink and split in half it tastes alot like a creamsicle. You can always do the crispy cereal. I have a nifty little cooks ninja that mixes things really quickly and makes everything taste oh so good!

Last edited by maezy1; 11-25-2012 at 12:32 PM.
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #4  

Also, does your coach look over your daily food journal? I'm really surprised that she didn't catch it if you had written everything down
Old 11-25-2012, 12:26 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8

your coach probably thought you were alternating
just to clarify were you doing two snacks a day, your meat and veggies for one meal, and a packet for another meal?

how about the cereal for breakfast? that's my quick meal (that's an alternative cereal, i assume the IP is also unrestricted)
or a shake

Last edited by southern; 11-25-2012 at 12:26 PM.
southern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

When we pick our packets, she has us start with 7 restricted, then 7 lunches and 7 breakfasts...that way we don't get too many. I used to have oatmeal which is a restricted, but now I prefer to have my restricted later in the day as a snack.

I like making the crispy cereal into a pancake for breakfast and I like making the drink mixes into mug cakes. Just helps mix it up a bit. I also like the soups with veggies mixed in, it makes a warm hearty lunch. And finally, I like the potato puree made into a flatbread of sorts. I just add a bit more water to thin it down some and then I spread it out in a non-stick pan and cook it like a pancake. Then I tear it into strips and eat it with my salad or other veggies at lunch. I add some garlic seasoning and it is kinda like having a breadstick with my salad.
MommaHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #7  
Started IP 10/11/12

S/C/G: 318/255/165

Height: 5'6"

Another RI person yay! As far as a snack, I like the chocolate drink mix because I can use it in the morning like Ovaltine for a quick go or I add ice and throw it in my speed blender for "ice cream" and that works for a great snack and I find them to be filling as well. Good luck!
FutureHealthyWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

No one monitors what I buy. The woman who gathers up my order is the receptionist, the coaches don't do it where I go.
NinjaNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #9  

no one monitors what I buy either but my coach goes through my journal each week. She weighs me first then I let her know that Ive been 100% OP so she now scans the journal. This week I wasn't 100%. I missed some food on some days so she will speak to me about this but I corrected it quickly. I think after 8 weeks I finally have gotten the into the routine of IP!
Old 11-25-2012, 02:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 206/162/160

Height: 5'9"

So the coach does check my journal. That's what bugs me.
Breakfast: a bar, coffee with skim milk.
Lunch soup with lettuce and veggie
Dinner: 8 oz of lean protein, lettuce and veggie. Most of the time it is cauliflower mashed.
Snack: soy puffs
So oviously I have been doing it wrong for 2 weeks.

Any suggestions?
frd2all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd2all View Post
So the coach does check my journal. That's what bugs me.
Breakfast: a bar, coffee with skim milk.
Lunch soup with lettuce and veggie
Dinner: 8 oz of lean protein, lettuce and veggie. Most of the time it is cauliflower mashed.
Snack: soy puffs
So oviously I have been doing it wrong for 2 weeks.

Any suggestions?
To state the obvious, change breakfast or change snack.

If you're liking the sweet stuff, try a RTD for breakfast, there are vanilla, chocolate or the new Strawberry/banana. Or, really, shaking one up doesn't take that long and gives you more taste sensations/options.
You could also make muffins out of the pudding mix (banana, blueberry, etc). Those can be pre-made the night before or you can make enough for several days. I put zucchini in mine, just to get a jump-start on some veggies AND I like the texture of the muffins better that way

Snack ideas: The puddings take on a whole different taste/texture frozen. I mix them. My preference is less-sweet so I've used dark chocolate/strawberry, also dk choc/banana. To make it a "mint choc" flavor I add a few drops of mint extract to a chocolate pudding before freezing. Be VERY careful tho...I put in too much once...YUCK!
People also make cakes/cupcakes out of the pudding mixes, which might be another snack alternative, if you're looking for that sweet flavor.

My days lately:
M-F
B Dk Chocolate Pudding smoothie made with fresh raw spinach in the vitamix, blended with coffee ice cubes
L: One of these: SW Cheese Curls, Salt/Vinegar Ridges, White Cheddar Ridges and either stir-fried veggies or raw cukes and raw celery
D: 8 oz protein & 2 c. veggie of choice. Lettuce on hungrier days
S: Frozen pudding treat or Pink Lemonade

For lunch, I was eating a soup with pureed veggies for the longest time but lately it hasn't "stuck with me" through the afternoon so I made a change to shake things up a bit.

Scour the recipe threads for more ideas (all the links are in the sticky at the top of the forum)

Hope that helps!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #12  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

I LOVE the RTD Chocolate for breakfast! I use to love drinking the chocolate slim fast, special K and Muscle Milk drinks for breakfast and these taste a lot alike (but better even)

That or I have the omelet scrambled for breakfast, I cook it and take it to work in a covered bowl and it stays warm.

Hubby was eating 2 restricted items a day for a couple days before he realized it too, the oatmeal and chili!
Calisto is offline   Reply With Quote