General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #1  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Default Any artists? Craftswomen?

I really love knitting, crocheting and am getting into sewing but I have always loved to draw and I'm saving up for a tablet, because I love to do digital art.

Right now I'm focusing on some realism but my main goal is cartoons/comic/anime, although I also love doing realism. Though realism is really difficult, it builds a good foundation for other mediums and styles and it can be so beautiful to capture what you're seeing right onto your paper.

Does anyone here draw or craft? Or anything artsy?
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:44 PM   #2  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Well I am a knitter and spinner, and used to work as a fiber artist in spinning and dyeing (I let my business license lapse due to children and homeschooling obligations, but I WILL get back at it down the road!). I do lots of little miscellaneous fiber crafts like luceting and kumihimo, but ALL are very time limited these days!

I love having outlets for my creativity that way, along with playing piano and the creativity it takes to manage my home and budget. No mental boredom here, even with being at home all but a few hours a week
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #3  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Oh you play piano? I play some guitar and ukulele, but I love my tin whistles.

I love love love playing music but my ability to read it is very limited. I can generally only understand the notes but to get the rythm I have to hear the song many times before I can play it well. Piano is very difficult for me as there's so many notes!

Creativity has really been a lifesaver for me.

I love the fabric arts! I just bought a Singer Heavy Duty sewing machine. I have been fumbling around with it and have some fleece I'd like to make mittens out of but have not been able to figure it out yet, mostly because I've been putting more time into my drawing/sketching. I think my interests prioritize themself, because I have 30 sketches of my hand but only about 2 inches of sock on my loom! Haha. I will get to it someday but now I'm working on scarves since it's getting cold.
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I crochet, just basic things like blankets and scarves. I used to write, and would love to get back into that, but I just can't seem to.

I've also made jewelry and bath bombs.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I crochet too. There's something really satisfying to the soul to create something with your own hands.
annieway is offline   Reply With Quote