General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/207/185

Height: 5'10"

Default New to QWLC, any help?

Ok, thanks for any guidance. My first time on this forum. I joined QWLC last Wed for $882 and have 7 days to cancel. I was SO excited and glad to be starting a new journey. However, 4 days into it and I'm discouraged. Yes, I've lost about 10 pounds but have been really sick with nausea and vomiting. Those Quick Boost drinks just tear me up, even if taken on a full stomach! Plus, they couldn't have me do a 3-day prep because I have kidney stones (passed 2 the Sun before joining) and apparently the 3-day prep meals are very high in protein, BAD for kidney function. Which brings me to another problem---the high protein nutritional supplements -- I can't have them, and while it's good they won't be pushing me to buy those, I'm afraid it will doom me to failure because I won't have those nice snacks, puddings, soups, etc. to help me out every day/week. Makes for a very plain and boring diet plan without any treats at all. Plus, my program materials explain how important those nutritional supplements are to success. In addition, I hate to cook and have 3 slim and trim males in my household who expect regular meals so I'll be cooking two separate meals all the time. Am I just whining or are these real concerns? I was excited at the thought of losing 65 pounds in 19 weeks and don't want to give up. Tomorrow (Mon) I'll go in with my long list of issues/questions and see how it goes. Would appreciate your feedback though. For instance, has anybody had success without the nutritional supplements? Thanks a bunch.
ninomarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #2  

Height: 6ft

How are you? Welcome to 3fc! Your not whining don't worry. Those are some real concerns. When it comes down to the nitty gritty of getting in shape, it's all about preparation and the will to see it through, ya know ? There's all kinds of options and ideas floating around. Don't be a stranger! Just look around and see what ya like. If you want some good things to read on, I gather reviews, plans and a such to help out with some good ideas. If you want to get started - try reading ||| majorityreviews.com/articles-fatloss ||| reading that one. I thought it had a lot of good info. More then webMD ( which I'm usually on ). Hehe, c ya!

Last edited by dayleft; 11-12-2012 at 09:27 PM.
dayleft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:40 PM   #3  

Thank you so much for your feedback and welcome. I'll definitely do more reading so thanks a bunch for the url. I'm still working the qwlc diet, and managing okay with everything except their humongous (to me) protein portions. There's no way I can eat 7-8 oz. of fish or chicken in one sitting. Even their beef portions at 5.5 oz are a third of a pound. I'll eat as much as I can, but won't force food so my losses may not be as QUICK as they guarantee. I'm down 11.5 pounds in 7 days but it sure slowed down after that first 10. It's ok though, I'll get there. A week w/o sugar and refined carbs has already made a big difference in the way I feel. Thanks again!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #4  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

There is forum with a small group of QWLC dieters actively posting. If you want to check it out, the thread is here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...ters-diet.html

Myself and many others do not actually go to QWLC. We just follow the diet. I am very skeptical of these types of centers and the fact that they push their supplements. I think you could probably do just fine losing weight with out them (QWLC and the supplements they sell). The key is reducing the bad carbs.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #5  

Thanks, I'll head over to that forum. I'd read it before but nobody seemed to be going to the center & I had questions center-related. They don't push their nutritional supplements on me (snacks, bars, puddings, soups, shakes). I'm a lifetime WW member, but guess what... regained the wt and then some. Need all new rules, something new to focus on and want quick results. Am still hoping for that but the diet is very boring and I say that after one week. One week down, 18 more to go (wt loss phase). Wish me luck. Thx for your reply.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #6  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninomarie View Post
Thanks, I'll head over to that forum. I'd read it before but nobody seemed to be going to the center & I had questions center-related. They don't push their nutritional supplements on me (snacks, bars, puddings, soups, shakes). I'm a lifetime WW member, but guess what... regained the wt and then some. Need all new rules, something new to focus on and want quick results. Am still hoping for that but the diet is very boring and I say that after one week. One week down, 18 more to go (wt loss phase). Wish me luck. Thx for your reply.
There is at least one person who actually goes to QWLC in that thread. She goes by the user name 2Chi.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote