Old 11-05-2012, 12:11 AM   #1  
Started IP 10/17/2012

S/C/G: 148/127.5/125

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Week 3 muscles twitching and cramping!

I'm on week 3 of phase 1 and lately my body twitches like crazy at night. I have even gotten a severe cramp in one arm. I tried doubling up on potassium but no dice. I am measuring out my sea salt but still twitching. I have been getting less water than I should - around 40 ounces. I take all supplements except the last two cal-mag. The nights I had cramping i had taken all four cal-mag and worried it was the calcium not allowing my muscles to relax. This all worries me and makes it hard to sleep. I am considering switching to the alternative program to avoid these issues. Has anyone else had these side effects this far into program? Has anyone made the switch to alternative phase one?
healthyequalshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:11 AM   #2  

Follow the protocol. Take the vitamins at correct times and drink ALL your water. The program isn't to blame when there are changes to the program.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2.5

I had leg cramps while I was sleeping for a few days but like you I took more vitamins for a couple days. Then I made a big effort to make sure I drank all the water plus more and things were fine after. Hope you feel better. The water really is super important.
MiamiCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #4  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

I never had anything like that happen...but YES, do drink your water. Not saying that is what is wrong, maybe you can let your doctor know? Hope you feel better.
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #5  

I have the same problem too, i was under the impression that maybe i had missed few doses of my supplements so this is happening.
i am trying to be on time now, lets see what happens
ha8in lazyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyequalshappy View Post
I'm on week 3 of phase 1 and lately my body twitches like crazy at night. I have even gotten a severe cramp in one arm. I tried doubling up on potassium but no dice. I am measuring out my sea salt but still twitching. I have been getting less water than I should - around 40 ounces. I take all supplements except the last two cal-mag. The nights I had cramping i had taken all four cal-mag and worried it was the calcium not allowing my muscles to relax. This all worries me and makes it hard to sleep. I am considering switching to the alternative program to avoid these issues. Has anyone else had these side effects this far into program? Has anyone made the switch to alternative phase one?
I do everything by the protocol and have experienced those crazy leg twitches too. Its like my legs wanna run! I thought that I had restless leg syndrome!!!! they have stopped for now and I am hoping that they don't come back!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #7  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

I had the same problem early on. I take extra potassium all the time which has helped. Make sure to get enough salt. I would drink some pickle juice at night which helped. Organic apple cider works too. 40 ozs of water is not enough. At least half of your weight so if you're 200 lbs drink 100 oz. Magnesium helps too so I wouldn't cut out any cal-mags. Good luck.
Beck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #8  
IP Reboot: 01/06/17

S/C/G: 190.3/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I had restlessness in my legs prior to starting IP. Was beginning to think maybe I have RLS. Since starting IP, it's only happened a couple times. Weird how that works.
starsandrockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #9  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

I am on day 7 and my restless legs have calmed down some. I had restless legs before and they got worse when I first started the diet. I just make sure I get all the pills in when it says, am going to talk to them tomorrow to see if I need more potassium as I have talked to others who had their dose upped to help.
Calisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Up the water, keep the extra potassium and make sure you aren't skimping on the salt.
Eat some dill pickles.
Some other low carb diets include broth/bullion ago ensure you are getting enough sodium. I have seen some ip clinics insist you eat a soup each day to keep that up.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote