Old 10-24-2012, 07:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Default IP Daily Chat 10/24/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.
sonyainva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:25 AM   #2  

I started today's chat thread, hope that is ok.

Today is my 4 week weigh in, I am excited. Personal life is in the dumps. IP is my savior at the moment so to speak.

I started on really loose size 10s. I have bought size 6,4 and 2 a few years ago all on the same day to measure progress. Same brand, same cut.

I wore the size 6 on my first week weigh in.

Today they are loose, hoping to wear my size 4 at next week weigh in.

I have 22 more pounds to lose. Sadly, most of my weight is in my tummy, boobs and arms. I almost always look 6 to 7 months pregnant.

With IP I love the weight loss, it has taken my tummy fat down, loving it.

Good Morning to everyone.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 169/140/130

Height: 5'3"

Good morning, It's been a tough couple of days for me. An old friend from high school/college passed away yesterday after a battle with cancer. I live 6 hours away and it's hard to be so disconnected yet still feel connected. I hadn't seen her for several years but my best friend is one of her best friends so we stayed connected through her. Just not sure how to deal with this.

Also, my losses have been minimal so my coach gave me some much needed tough love yesterday. I have gotten lazy about measuring, so I'm documenting EVERYTHING like I did the first couple of weeks and measuring. That's probably what I needed, but I don't feel like it!

Also, I'm really struggling with getting food every 6 hours. I eat lunch at 12 and am seldom home by 6. THEN I have to start cooking 2 meals (mind & the family) So it's often 7 or 7:30 before we eat. Would it be ok to split my lunch and eat my IP item around 3:30?

Off to work where I won't be able to reply, I'll check in this evening and see if anyone responded to my questions. Thanks in advance!! Have a great day.
LoriKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:25 AM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriKay View Post
Good morning, It's been a tough couple of days for me. An old friend from high school/college passed away yesterday after a battle with cancer. I live 6 hours away and it's hard to be so disconnected yet still feel connected. I hadn't seen her for several years but my best friend is one of her best friends so we stayed connected through her. Just not sure how to deal with this.

Also, my losses have been minimal so my coach gave me some much needed tough love yesterday. I have gotten lazy about measuring, so I'm documenting EVERYTHING like I did the first couple of weeks and measuring. That's probably what I needed, but I don't feel like it!

Also, I'm really struggling with getting food every 6 hours. I eat lunch at 12 and am seldom home by 6. THEN I have to start cooking 2 meals (mind & the family) So it's often 7 or 7:30 before we eat. Would it be ok to split my lunch and eat my IP item around 3:30?

Off to work where I won't be able to reply, I'll check in this evening and see if anyone responded to my questions. Thanks in advance!! Have a great day.
So sorry for you loss. I often split my lunch to get through my long days. I have a big salad and veggies for lunch with 2-3 oz of protein, my 2nd packet at 3ish then only 5 -6 oz protein for dinner with my 2 cups veggies.
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:27 AM   #5  
Restart IP 7/25/12

S/C/G: 199/142/135

Height: 5'3"

Happy Wednesday! Three more days till vacation. Now if a fairy would come and pack and clean and get our family presentation for our homeschool group and wrap up teaching this week and get my new tires and....... Vacation is the light at the end of the tunnel. I have already told my husband that I will be 100%OP. He doesn't see what it would hurt but is still supportive. WI13 today down 3lbs and 1-1/2". I am averaging 2.7lbs a week. Last week was a 0 loss, so I need to remind myself of the average
mommyof3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 373/331/195

Good morning all,

Sonya - thanks for starting the chat today and congratulations on your progress. You are doing so well and I am excited for you!

LoriKay - I'm sorry for your loss and your recent struggles. In regards to your question about eating every 6 hours I'm not sure I can help as I'm supposed to eat every three hours. I have had a struggle with this as often I am teaching when I'm supposed to eat something. I'm going to try setting an alarm which someone else suggested on here. Also, I am going to use bars and ready made shakes for those times so that all I have to do is open and eat.

My coach said that we could flip flop lunch and dinner etc. so I imagine it would be okay for you to split your meal in two. (Our coach said the most important times were the first three of the day - 3 hours apart each.)

I don't think I've been very helpful but al least you've got some more info.

Today is my monthly appointment with my supervising doctor and I'm waiting to see what that will be like.

NSV - my women's appt yesterday went well and was fairly painless. I kept putting off making the appt over the past few years because I was embarrassed that I hadn't lost any weight... Now I don't have to worry about that anymore!

Have some school-work to do... Levelling writing can be a chore...

Have a great day everyone.
GroovyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:47 AM   #7  

Sonya, thanks for starting the chat!
Our daily chat has been missing some of the links (somebody over the weekend mentioned it)

Here is the "opening" daily chat message with the missing links....

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by lisa32989; 10-24-2012 at 06:35 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:52 AM   #8  

Question

Quote:

LoriKay- Truly sorry about your friend. Hang in there. Sadly we must survive, even when our dear ones leave us behind.

GroovyCat - Thanks, trying to be grateful for all that we do have.

Mommy of Three girls - How exciting, a vacation, have fun!!!

My coach says to eat every 4 hours. Anyone??

Last edited by sonyainva; 10-24-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:58 AM   #9  

Quote:

I'm so sorry! It is so hard to go through losing someone.
RE: food. have you thought about having your snack sometime between 4 & 6? Even in the car on the way home from work? That is often when I have mine. I have a 45 minute commute and it helps me not walk in the house so ravenous. If you are eating so late, you may not need an evening snack.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #10  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

LoriKay - so sorry to hear, will keep you in my prayers.

Sonyainva - it's not necessary to eat every 4 hours, this diet is not like other diets where you have to constantly "fuel" your metabolism - your body is constantly "fueling" off of your fat stores. You just need to make sure you are eating everything you are supposed to, every day It's one of the well-intended mistakes many coaches make, they don't fully understand how the diet works, so they incorporate other dieting ideas into IP that aren't necessarily accurate.

WI Wednesday for me today - logged a loss of 0.9lb and 1/2 inch (which came off my ARM of all places!) - I was due for a lower loss week so I wasn't surprised. BUT more importantly, I am in the 180's for the first time in SIX YEARS! WOOO HOOO!!! Rocking the 80's baby!!!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

LoriKay - so sorry to hear about your friend.
And yes, find something that works for your schedule! Maybe a big salad and some veggies at noonish then your IP pack for a snack around 3/3:30? That might help tide you over.

Is it the weekend yet? Sigh.

So had WI last night and it was a rough week. First week of phase two and first weigh in after a full week of running (3k plus three times a week) and I'm UP 2.6lbs. Lemme tell ya, I was NOT happy. Not happy at all.

In my head I know it's impossible for it to be a real gain or actual fat. I know this. But man, seeing that scale sliding back UP towards 200 is scary as anything! Makes me very concerned for what life will look like when I'm done IP.

BUT... I have to keep telling myself that I'm doing everything right, sticking to plan, and that things will level out. So I'm skipping running this week to see if that helps stabilize things a bit and will get back into it when I hit phase three a week from today (yay!) and have more available carbs and fats to be burned.

What mind games our bodies play with us!!!
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:21 AM   #12  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
LoriKay - so sorry to hear about your friend.
And yes, find something that works for your schedule! Maybe a big salad and some veggies at noonish then your IP pack for a snack around 3/3:30? That might help tide you over.

Is it the weekend yet? Sigh.

So had WI last night and it was a rough week. First week of phase two and first weigh in after a full week of running (3k plus three times a week) and I'm UP 2.6lbs. Lemme tell ya, I was NOT happy. Not happy at all.

In my head I know it's impossible for it to be a real gain or actual fat. I know this. But man, seeing that scale sliding back UP towards 200 is scary as anything! Makes me very concerned for what life will look like when I'm done IP.

BUT... I have to keep telling myself that I'm doing everything right, sticking to plan, and that things will level out. So I'm skipping running this week to see if that helps stabilize things a bit and will get back into it when I hit phase three a week from today (yay!) and have more available carbs and fats to be burned.

What mind games our bodies play with us!!!
Are you making sure to fuel your body after your run? Muscles will often retain water after exercise while they are recovering. You may want to try running a little shorter distance/less intensity, or looking at your stretching/cool down routine after running instead of cutting it out completely. And if you're still in phase 2 you should be having a packet within 1/2 hour of finishing just like in phase 1 to give your body the fuel for recovery. Just some ideas so that you can keep up the awesome progress and not have to drop exercise completely!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
LoriKay - so sorry to hear, will keep you in my prayers.

Sonyainva - it's not necessary to eat every 4 hours, this diet is not like other diets where you have to constantly "fuel" your metabolism - your body is constantly "fueling" off of your fat stores. You just need to make sure you are eating everything you are supposed to, every day It's one of the well-intended mistakes many coaches make, they don't fully understand how the diet works, so they incorporate other dieting ideas into IP that aren't necessarily accurate.

WI Wednesday for me today - logged a loss of 0.9lb and 1/2 inch (which came off my ARM of all places!) - I was due for a lower loss week so I wasn't surprised. BUT more importantly, I am in the 180's for the first time in SIX YEARS! WOOO HOOO!!! Rocking the 80's baby!!!
Scorbett- That is funny. My coach has us write down the times we have our food, every day. She says eating every four hour prevents from muscles being used for fuel.

I know every coach is different, but I mistakenly thought eating every 4 hours was universal. Everyday we learn something.

I have such a hard time waiting in the morning for my second meal. I like to eat big in the am.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #14  

Scorbett- Also - Hearty Congrats on getting in to the 180's

doing a happy dance for you.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #15  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
Scorbett- That is funny. My coach has us write down the times we have our food, every day. She says eating every four hour prevents from muscles being used for fuel.

I know every coach is different, but I mistakenly thought eating every 4 hours was universal. Everyday we learn something.

I have such a hard time waiting in the morning for my second meal. I like to eat big in the am.
LOL yeah, that is definitely not true. You are not in danger of your body using muscles for fuel if you don't eat every 4 hours. Maybe if you were on a calorie counting, intensive exercise plan - but not on THIS diet