Old 10-15-2012, 12:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 196.8/190/160

Height: 5'8

Default Good news AND bad news!

Saturday morning was my first WI and I'm Down 6.8lbs!! Week one went great I didn't have any issues and I am getting used to the diet. I knew weekends would be tough because I'm not in my regular routine. Saturday I did fine but Sunday I made the huge mistake of going shopping at Costco with my boyfriend with an empty stomach. I had a bite of cheese, bite of meatball, bite of sausage, bite of chicken tika masala with rice and bite of chocolate. I am SO angry with myself it wasn't even worth it. I mean these were all small bites but my question to you all is how will this set me back? I ate a good dinner later that night with steak and vegetables and plan to get right back on track in the AM.

I feel so much better that i "confessed" and I will certainly never go to Costco hungry again!!

Ellabella250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:58 AM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

I don't think you will be set back very much. Lol. Probably won't even make a noticeable difference. It's hard to start out in the beginning so don't beat yourself up over it. At least you didn't go back for seconds!
I try not to get too worked up when I mess up my diet, I just get back on track ASAP and go from there.
queenie91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

I am no expert but I am sure you will be fine, your getting back on to plan and you learned from your mistake. Try not to be to hard on yourself.
MonicaKolesnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:19 AM   #4  
SE Asia, baby

S/C/G: 232/141/132

Height: 5'5

Ellabella, congrats on your loss! 6.8 pounds is huge!

As far as the Costco samples, I don't think it's going to set you back majorly, but it's awesome that you recognized that these samples do affect your diet. I know when I hit plateaus in my weight loss it's usually the those little "bites" here and there or extra cafe lattes that get the best of me. That being said, I wouldn't beat yourself up over it. They happen (as they should once in a while--free samples of cheese are awesome!)
graciegoose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:08 AM   #5  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

A bite here or there doesn't do too much for you EXCEPT set you up for bad routines that lead to more bites. It's good you've "seen the light" and have a plan for next time you go. I buy my pure protein bars at costco, as well as their chocolate shakes (premier protein maybe? white container that looks like a juice box) and wouldn't leave Costco without 'em! (I'm in Canada tho - not sure if your products are the same)
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:11 AM   #6  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Now I know within minutes of posting this there will be someone who disagrees and will tell you a 'bite here or there' CAN make a difference -- and that's true too -- depending on what the bites are, how many carbs you've already had that day etc. -- so I'm just beating them to the punch. LOL Some coaches don't even want you to have gum because it can make a difference for some people, others will say they chew gum everyday. The point is, get back on track and make a plan so you're less tempted. It's all part of the journey
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:05 AM   #7  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

In the first week I'm not sure if/how it will set you back. I agree with IP43 though that you are setting yourself up with some bad routines. Read the following threads and hopefully it will help you understand why not to cheat.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...l-protein.html
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:42 AM   #8  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

IP43 hit the nail on the head - yeah, what you nibbled won't likely have a huge effect - BUT it's the mindset that you need to beat into submission The nibbles might bump you out of ketosis but you will be back in a couple of days if you stay on plan, so your overall losses probably won't be affected. What you need to do is exactly what you did - recognize what went wrong, plan on how you will beat it next time, and get back on the horse!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 196.8/190/160

Height: 5'8

Thank you everyone for your supportive/kind words! It is Monday morning here in Cali and I am ready for another great week on IP.
Ellabella250 is offline   Reply With Quote