Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #1  

Unhappy So I Ate a Jar of Peanut Butter

I ate a jar of Chunky Skippy Natural peanut butter...16 oz. Apparently I want to be chunky just like the jar says???

I diet and exercised myself down to a fantastic weight this past summer and I'm rapidly gaining it all back. It's a combo of bingeing and alcohol. Any advice on how to get motivated to start over?

It's just so frustrating...I know I won't look different until I commit to losing weight and sticking with it. But then I look at myself and the weight gain, feel depressed, and want to pig out/get drunk to make it go away.
CabernetKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #2  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Aw, I know that feeling. Not 16 oz, closer to 12, but if you can eat 12 oz. of Skippy, you can eat 16.

In my case moderation/maintenance and focusing on not binging versus re-losing the weight worked to level out my behaviors. Weight re-loss was a nice side effect of that. How did you diet and exercise before? Were you deprived or feeling deprived for a long time, hit goal and said "I'm going to eat whatever I want now?"
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #3  

When I lost 20 lbs. the first time, I was really strict about food and getting in cardio and some weights every day. I guess part of what was hard about maintaining it was that my family wasn't supportive of it. They're overweight and they felt I was getting too thin. They eat pretty poorly and have kind of skewed ideas about what is healthy.

I just feel my resolve slipping lately. It's like I had this magical formula when I finally lost the weight and maintained it and now I'm burned out.

That's a good cognitive tool though....next time I consider eating a crazy amount I'm going to ask myself if I want to add another 5 lbs to lose. Maintaining it is easier than losing it again.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #4  
Angela

S/C/G: 155/138/126

Height: 5'6"

so you had fun.
Let's think about what is good for you now and slowly pick yourself up and walk a few miles here and there. and eat what is good for a while.
so, when the urge comes next time, we won't feel too guilty.
masterptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabernetKitty View Post
I ate a jar of Chunky Skippy Natural peanut butter...16 oz.... Any advice on how to get motivated to start over?
I've eaten 400 g (about 14 oz) of Nutella in one sitting, so I know where you're coming from. I suggest you commit to getting ONE "clean" eating day under your belt. Just one. Then one more. I can practically guarantee that you'll quickly reverse your momentum and find it easier to keep going. Do it now, even if it's unpleasant and you feel deprived. You'll feel SO much better if you start now than if you allow yourself to regain still more weight.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabernetKitty View Post

But then I look at myself and the weight gain, feel depressed, and want to pig out/get drunk to make it go away.
As Dr. Phil would say,"how's that working for you ?"
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #7  

Freelancemomma- That's a good way to look at it...If I keep seeing it as this mountain of weight I need to lose, I'm going to feel buried. One day is a good goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
As Dr. Phil would say,"how's that working for you ?"
LMFAO...But that really does put it in perspective. I'm going to hang on to this one.