Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 08:11 AM   #1  
Andrew

Default Thursday, February 17, 2003

Morning Ladies!
Well, I went to WI last night. I gained 6.8 lbs after skippping out for two weeks. Is that humanly possible? That can't be good for my body. I think I can probably take most of that off by next week if I stick to my low points. I'm walking around the block again today. Will ck back in later.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:18 AM   #2  
Andrew

PS-I'm changing my AVATAR again because that woman looks too much like me and i don't want to look like that anymore. This is my son playing some defense at a basketball game last winter. I'll use this until I find something different.

Last edited by momofoneson; 04-17-2003 at 08:27 AM.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:29 AM   #3  

Morning Robin,

I guess 6.8 is humanly possible, but it's probably artificial - water weight or something. I on the other hand, totally blew it yesterday, it's not even funny. Started a binge shortly before leaving work that coninued on at home. Didn't exercise like I was supposed to, and went out drinking for almost 6 hours. I didn't get home till 2:30 and of course today at work I feel like crap and have ANOTHER happy hour I have to go to tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to get home and take a nap first. Seriously, I didn't go out at all during the month of March, so maybe this is all making up for it. I think because it's starting to get warm, people are out and about more. Regardless, I make my own choices....

Today I have a work lunch at Chilis, which is good because so much of their nutitional info is on Dotti's. Now lets just hope I can stick with something guiltless.....
Old 04-17-2003, 10:15 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Robin - great pic of your son! I know 6.8 + is disappointing but remember that some is probably water retention. Push the H2O for the next week and that will help.

Lexxy - Same for you drink H2O! I'm sure you need it after 6 hours of drinking. As for staying in control tonight, remember it's happy HOUR....enjoy yourself for an hour and then have another glass of water.

Lori - You'll have to let us know how the Winsor Pilates is. I want to order them but then I also want about 20 million other work-out videos.

JenL - my niece has entered the terrible twos and my sister says that there days she wishes that she worked long enough hours to just see my niece when she sleeps!

KT- enjoy your game night tonight.

Kim - MIL stories are welcome. I don't have one but am firmly convinced that CB's mother is derranged. She never speaks below the level of a screech.

Deb - congrats on being OP even with Pizza - that's my biggest downfall.

Tonya - I understand about feeling like a blimp. I've been convinced for the last week that I am the size of an elephant.

Went shopping last night with CB and nearly had a melt down in the store because nothing in my "size" fit right and I wasn't about to buy something larger than last year! Turns out I may have been over reacting (who me?). I went home and looked at all the shirts I bought in that store since losing weight - they are all larges even though my shirts from other stores are typically mediums. For sanity's sake, I've convinced myself that everything in that store just runs small! And please, don't tell me differently or I might have a nervous breakdown.

Got on the scale today and guess my efforts have been doing something because I was down 1.4.

I am going to yoga practice tonight and then CB and I have free tics to a comedy show. I need to be careful and watch what I eat today because there is a 2 drink minimum at the club.

Laura
Old 04-17-2003, 10:23 AM   #5  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Laura - I actually DO FIND that at some stores sizes run really small. That may be it where you went

Robin - I'm afraid to go to WI this week because I am afraid I gained about the same that you did! I didn't go the past two weeks. Even though I am lifetime now, I think I have to go every week just to keep myself in check.

So today is my first day OP in the Canada Day (4th of July) challenge. Yesterday was SUPPOSED to be my first day but I did what lexxy did! Started off binging at work (stupid free candy that people leave out at the end of the hallway) and continued that at home =(

So I have to tell you about these No Pudge brownies. They are soooo good. My friend Noah, who refused to eat them at first because they were "fat free" and "he hates those applesauce brownies" actually really loved them. They are not made with applesauce. It is just the mix and one individual container of light (fat-free) vanilla yogurt. They are yummy and if I remember correctly 2 points per brownie. Very fudgy. They are not the "fluffy" brownies.

Hope everyone has a good day. I'll try to come back later!

Oh and I won't get those Winsor Pilates tapes for 2-3 weeks =( They didn't have faster shipping. I will let you know how they are when I get them. Who does the Firm? What do you think of it?
Old 04-17-2003, 10:50 AM   #6  
Cockeyed Optimist

I do the Firm. And I love it! I can't say enough good things about it! I own the "fanny lifter" set that came out last year and have rented a lot of the older stuff from the library. I'm really want the 6 pack of "short"videos that came out last year and am dying to see the new infomercial.
Old 04-17-2003, 01:08 PM   #7  
Proud Canadian

Morning. I thought I was sad because we got our pay adjustment and I lost $500 from the time on strike but I'm so excited about the long weekend that it covers up the loss. I also get 3 paychecks in May so I'll come out even. I have to go, I'll be back in a bit.
KT
Old 04-17-2003, 02:24 PM   #8  
Proud Canadian

OK - now to respond to you guys. It got so busy so quickly for a bit.
Robin - it's not really nice of me but I thought your computer horror was kind of funny. I'm a horrible person. I hope everything went well with explaining to him (or not explaining to him.) - Did you notice that the picture of him has him in the same pose as your last avtar?
Lexxy - there are no Chilli's around here. I hope you enjoy your lunch.
Laura - Stores run small. Some stores I wear a medium top and some I wear an XL - go figure. I shop at the stores that let me buy medium.
Lori - one day, I will buy no-pudge brownies. They don't have them up here but I'm going to drive to the states, just to buy them.
OK - I have a meeting this afternoon, I'll try to get back in later.
KT
Old 04-17-2003, 02:43 PM   #9  
Eve's Mom

Hey - did anyone notice the thread is listed as "February 17th??" hee heee - apparantly we are all a bit behind.

I don't have time but I wanted to say hello, have a great Easter holiday! I might be posting on the weekend...stay OP and enjoy yourselves!!

BBL
Old 04-17-2003, 03:36 PM   #10  
Cockeyed Optimist

I'm a glutton for punishment. I went back to the store where things "run small". I talked to the manager (I know her) and she told me that she herself thinks the store brand runs small.

Anyway - I just dropped $116 on clothes. Ugh - I hate having to spend money on clothes. I got a spring weight jacket, a work-out top, 3 tops to wear to work, a pair of shorts and a pair of capri pants.

It will be nice to have some new clothes....I'm just going to rip the size tag out of everything!

Laura
Old 04-17-2003, 03:45 PM   #11  
Andrew

LEXXY: I hope what I gained is water. I hope you're feeling better so you can enjoy happy hour. I always say "A little hair of the dog that bit ya...." Oh, the single care free life. Sometimes I really miss those days.

LAURA: I don't even dare to shop yet. I know I need some new clothes because my pants are really baggy in the butt. But I want to wait and lose some more weight (and there's always that nasty thought in the back of my mind that I might need all those fat clothes again if I fail).

LORI: I see those No Pudge brownies in the store all the time but have never tried them. I always thought they'd be dry. I'll have to give them a try.

KT: I just had a week off **PAID**. It was wonderful.It was bereavement time from the hospital I work for. Next week I'm making up for it by working 56 hours. Tomorrow is my last day off. Ughhhh....
PS- RE:Sick picture my son saw...You are not a horrible person. I too, thought it was funny. My husband, on the other hand, did not.

BELLE: I really thought it was February.
Old 04-17-2003, 04:05 PM   #12  
A Yankee in Virginia

Lori (and everyone): No Pudge brownies are absolutely wonderful. And the really cool thing about them is the box tells you how to make one at a time, if you just have a little chocolate fix and don't want to be tempted by the whole batch!
Old 04-17-2003, 06:43 PM   #13  
Proud Canadian

Robin - I'm jealous for your week off, but not for the reason. I get 3 weeks paid vacation a year and sick leave and compasionate leave when needed but for some reason, they don't pay us to strike. I'm glad we're not horrible people for finding that amusing.
Laura - new clothes YAY! enjoy them (enjoy ripping the tags out too.)
Kim - I always heard people on the boards talk about one at a time brownies, now I know I'm going to get some!
Belle - didn't even notice the date.

We had a big union meeting. Some people aren't happy but it doesn't look like we'll get much more than we have so we'll see how that works out in a few weeks. I just hope we don't have to picket again. Have a FANTASTIC weekend everyone!
KT
Closed Thread