Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 08:20 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default HumpDay!

Starting Thread!
Old 04-16-2003, 08:27 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Hey Ladies,

How are you all doing. My month of stress had added 5 lbs onto me which is kind of a drag, so I am not overly happy about it, but my eating has been okay and starting today I am sticking to my Canada day challenge (yesterday I was slightly above points but I was okay). I am also a size up... You know what's weird, I don't consider this failure, I consider this a bump in the road. I was just ticked that my weight was almost 160lbs.

Kim: I am the same, I have a big frame and will never see a weight below 140.

Angie: congrats on the twins!

Lori: 11lbs isn't bad at all and it is for an excellent cause!

Take care!

Ali
Old 04-16-2003, 09:44 AM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Hey girls. I know I haven't been around. I've been like Laura (I think it was Laura yesterday who posted about not being able to keep goals). Well that is me. But, I started counting my points again and I ordered the Winsor Pilates videos last night so I can exercise at home. Has anyone done these? Just curious.

Hope you all have had a better time this past week than me!
Old 04-16-2003, 09:44 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning All.

Sorry to vent and disappear yesterday. Work got a little hectic. It still is busy so I don't have time to respond to each of you individually but I wanted to let you guys know how much your support meant.

Was OP yesterday and have packed an OP breakfast and lunch for today. Now if only I can get CB to agree to eat at home tonight instead of stopping off at a restaurant while we run errands. Managed to get to yoga practice last night and this morning went for a walk around the neighborhood. Not as intense as a work-out video but it was so relaxing to hear the birds singing and see the spring flowers in all the yards. Also managed to get the house put back together after this weekend's painting expedition. Having my house in order makes me feel so much more in control of all aspects of my life.

Can't remember why everyone was suggesting drinks yesterday but if you are looking for lower cal options try vanilla stoli in diet coke or diet ginger ale. My personal fav though is rasberry stoli in diet sprite. Using diet pop for a mixer makes the drink = 2 pts. I'm also a big fan of alternating an alcoholic drink with a glass of pop or water - that way I'm not falling all over myself.

Hope you all have a good day. Will try to check back later.

Laura
Old 04-16-2003, 10:25 AM   #5  

Morning girls,

Ali, good attitude about the 5 lbs. It's good you caught it before things got out of control.

Lori, I haven't done the Windsor tapes, but I am so tempted to buy them. Let me know how you like them. I took a Pilates class last year for an hour for 8 weeks and really liked it. I wanted to do the sessions on the reformer, but it was way to expensive for me.

Laura, thanks for reminding me about vanila stoli and diet! I'm going to have to have that in place of my other mixed drinks. Usually diet coke is the only diet soda at bars, and I'm not the hugest fan of rum. (yes, the drink suggestions were because I am at bars all the time)

Deb, thanks for all the suggestions on the drinks yesterday - I still read your posts the next morning if I don't get them the night before! The orange vodka and cran is a fave of mine, but when you have (ahem) 3 or 4 or 5....the calories from the juice really adds up.

Well, I did pretty well yesterday, all things considered. I slipped and ate some tortilla chips when I got home from work (thank god the bag is almost gone! Can't have those in the house...but yet can't throw them away). I was out at happy hour for over 3 hours and had 5 light beers and still NEAR my calorie range, not quite within. The problem is that I know a lot of bartenders in the city, and they automatically just refill my drinks so I always have more then I intended to going in. Plus when it's sometimes free, it also makes it easier going down! I need to work on that. That being said, I wasn't planning to go out tonight, but a friend who had moved out of town will be at the Ex's bar tonight and wants me to meet up with him. I'm still undecided. I was at the bar last week, so I know it would be ok, but I wish it was on a night he wasn't working. I don't want him to think that I am going there to see him.
Old 04-16-2003, 10:25 AM   #6  

Good morning Ali, and all you other gorgeous ladies!

Wow, you guys posted a lot yesterday! I don't think I can respond to you all!

I did want to mention to Lexxy and Laura that I agree with you both 100%, what you wrote Laura about the skirt, felt like I was writing it. All my new shorts from last year are 7/8 and a couple 9/10's, yesterday I had to go out and buy new shorts that are 11/12. I was so upset with myself! But, I only have myself to blame. My motivation is no where! I HAVE to get it back!!!!! I feel like a blimp!!! We can do this together!!!!!!

Belle ~ I think labs are great social dogs that love children. Our dog is smart and loves to play with the kids. The downside is he sheds and is large (90 lbs!).

Well, it has taken me an hour to write this, and I need to head to class, I will post later and try to reply to everyone else!
Old 04-16-2003, 11:18 AM   #7  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HI all, I have been so busy lately and tired!! I am still at work and will work right up to the day I deliver. I may be working less hours in a day tho. I haven't had a break since last week and I am feeling it. I had to do a training on Saturday for work, then I had to go out to a Maple Syrup/pancake breakfast that my in-laws have every year. They have a big Maple Syrup operation. And the last 2 days I have worked all day because we are short staffed. Which always seems to be the case!!!

I am getting plain miserable. And Emma is in the terrible 2's and night time is horrid. She doesn't want to go to bed, she throws a fit at dinner.... ughhh, and I can't lift her or do what she wants me to. I can't wait to have this baby!!!

I guess I better get some more work done. I am getting panicky that I am missing something and I will just leave one of these days and the stuff won't get done!
Old 04-16-2003, 12:11 PM   #8  
Andrew

Hello everyone. I started the thread yesterday and said I'd be back but I never did get back. My sister-in-law called me and asked if I could help out at their resteraunt because they just fired a waitress. So I went in and worked to close and brought home $110. I didn't get home 'til 9:45pm. When I got home my son told me he turned on the computer screen and got a shock. I was on the computer when my SIA called yesterday morning and I was reading an e-mail from my sisiter in MI. It was a disgusting picture (a real one) that said "Never fall asleep on a blind date" and it was a naked man lying face down asleep on a bed and on top of him was a chick-with-a-d__k. As I was tring to delete it my computer screen froze. Well then I was expecting company and I got a phone call so I just flicked off the screen and forgot all about it. So when I got home last night my son said he went to turn the computer screen on to play a game and that is what he saw. I was mortified. My husband said "What kind of website were you on?" I don't think he believed me when I told him it was an e-mail from my sister and that the screen froze as I was trying to delete it. LOL. Anyway-I'll have to be more careful. Gawd, I hope he doesn't tell his teacher about that. I don't even know how to explain it to him, how would I explain it to her? I'm going to try to not think about it....
Tonight is WW, after being off for 2 weeks I'm sure I'll get a rude awakening but I am going to pretend I am starting over tonight. I'm not sure if I'll have my leader tell me my weight or if it will just be a secret between him and the scales. Yesterday I walked two miles around our block, it felt great. Have a good Wednesday everyone. On to hellos from yesterday and today.....

TUESDAY THREAD...

LEXXY: I love rice and beans so I am going to try that recipe. Thanks. I also like to have a few drinks but I usually only stick to Bud Light because I know it's only two points. I would like to try a mixed drink that I could order in a bar and know exactly how many points it is.

JESS: Congratulations on making a difficult choice. I think it sounds like you are doing what is best for YOU.

LAURA: You are saying everything in my head. I can't understand why if I want it so bad I am not trying harder. We'll get through it together.

BELLE: Hope you sell both houses and rake in lots of $$$$.

KT: I woke up at 6:45 and then whem my son went to school I went Back to bed until 10:30. It felt great but I always feel so guilty when I do that. Next week I am working 56 hours so I guess I need the rest anyway.

ANGIE: I think that if you have at least one under control (eating/exercising) thay you are doing pretty good. I've lost almost 25 lbs without exercising at all but I know I will never maintain it without exercise.

RINA: I have to work Easter, bad for my son, good for my point intake. I love those Cadbury Eggs and I am not going to buy any this year.

LORI: I think you're doing great with only an 11 lb weight gain. You'll be back in those size 8 shorts before you know it.

KIM: I am 5'2" and my beginning weight was 206.6. I am now 183.2 and I don't fell obese but I looked it up an a chart and I think it said morbidly obese. What the **** is that? I feel like I have a death sentence. Depression can definetly do a number on your weight. I have also been battling it for years but have had it somewhat under control for a year now. As long as I take my HAPPY pills I'm OK.

DEB: Great job on staying OP for two days. Hope work goes better today.

WEDNESDAY:

ALI: I think I've gained 5 lbs in two weeks. I like your positive attitude about it though.

Hi LORI.

LAURA: I didn't even know they made vanilla Stoli. Sounds good.

LEXXY: Wear something fabulous to the bar tonight so your EX can see what he is missing. Have fun.

HI TONYA.

JEN: It is good to hear from you. It sounds like you are stressed to the max. Did your husband ever find a job? How is the family business going? It won't be long now before you have that baby. Hang in there and good luck.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:36 PM   #9  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone.
On to day 3 OP. I CAN do this. It feels so much better to be on points. The Thursday night get togethers are still killing me though. This thursday we're ordering pizza and then having Pasta at 3am (we're having a gaming marathon for 24 hours - if we last that long). I figure I'll bring a salad for myself and eat 1 piece of pizza and then have a little bit of pasta and raw veggies while the guys are all snaking on chips and garlic bread and whatever else everyone brings. I should bring some fruit too. Stuff like this only happens once and a while but I've been so good I don't want this to throw me off. There are a bunch of ladies at my work doing the no-carbs thing (that would be a death sentence to me) it seems to be working for a few of them. One asked me if it was possible to follow both that and WW so we're going to meet later today so I can explain how it could work. I like the ladies in my office.
Ali - you're right, just a bump in the road, you'll get back on track and it'll be gone in no time. Hope you're through the stress!
Hi lori! - don't go hiding on us just cause you have a bad time. We're always here.
Laura - sure sounds like you're getting in some good excercise! way to go!
Lexy - I totally understand about the free booze. I used to work for a club owner and the employees all drank free. No matter what you say, someone always gives you a drink and it would be rude to say no...
Tonya - You are NOT a blimp. You CAN get back on track. We're here for you!
Jen - Sounds like you're going through a bit of a rough patch. But it will all be worth it in the end.
OK, back to work.
KT
Old 04-16-2003, 12:44 PM   #10  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

KT - I know you guys are always here. I think for me, my day starts off really good but then I am horrible in the afternoon. That is the worst time for me. Plus they have candy sitting out ALL OVER THE PLACE HERE and its been really hard for me to deal with that. But I found my motivation. MY WEDDING AND MY HONEYMOON! I want to be in a size 8 by the end of August.
Old 04-16-2003, 01:06 PM   #11  

Wohoo, it sounds like we are all gung-ho again!! I'm glad we're all trying to get back on track together, it really helps. We're all going to get into our smaller sizes by summer if we continue like this.

KT, that situation with the game night would be really hard for me. Sounds like you're dealing with it in a smart way!

Jen, I can't believe you're going to work up to the day it pops...hopefully that's soon.
OK, gotta get SOME work done today!
Old 04-16-2003, 02:58 PM   #12  
A Yankee in Virginia

Here it is, folks, my first official rant about my mother-in-law. We moved across the state in part because DH wanted to be closer to her. For some reason, she doesn't seem eager to drive to our house, although we're now only 40 minutes away, as opposed to the 5 hours we were before. DH says she doesn't like to drive, so I could understand why she didn't come to visit much when we lived across the state, but now? He wants to spend time with her, and so do I, because she is very nice, but I hope we won't have to be the ones doing all the driving. I've invited her for dinner once and she didn't come. I guess I just need to keep inviting her. Problem is, DH only has days off during the week, the only times the three of us can have dinner together. I work until 6 or 7. She works until about 4 and eats early. I have no idea how this is going to work out.

OK, enough ranting.

Hi everyone! Some quick advice to Robin: PLEASE ask your sister not to send you emails like that ever again.
Old 04-16-2003, 05:50 PM   #13  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

I missed you all today ...

day #3 OP for me too!! Believe it or not ... even w/ pizza ... I will just drink TONS of more water tonight ...

Talk to you all tomorrow! Have a good night!
Closed Thread