Old 08-08-2012, 03:53 PM   #1  
Back to the old me :)

S/C/G: 138.4/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default Frustrated Newbie w/ 0 weight loss -- pls help

Hi everyone,

Today is my fifth day on week 1 and I'm just feeling very frustrated because I haven't lost a single pound. I read that one is supposed to achieve ketosis by day 4 or 5 and so far nothing is happening. I also haven't cheated (with the exception of minimal honest mistakes with seasoning) but have so far been following the plan. I have only touched 1 of the 6 "extra" drinks they gave me for the first week. My husband, on the other hand, who is not even technically on IP (he's just eating week 2's set food in the hopes of trimming down) has lost 4 lbs as of this morning. That's an average of a pound a day.

I know everyone's body is built differently and we have different responses but I'm hoping somebody here who had the same experience and still lost weight can advise me on what to do. We all know the diet isn't cheap and I'm afraid I'm just wasting the money.

Sorry to be such a downer. And thanks in advance.
aliceinseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #2  

Do not freak out yet. I know this is not what anyone wants to hear, but it can take a while. Our bodies are all different and no one can say when the scale or mirror will show it. Stick with it!
odalisque0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #3  

I stayed off the scale my first week and got my surprise at weigh-in. This program works if you give it time.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/171/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello!

If you've been reading the forums, I can understand your frustration...you see posts from other folks who are just starting and seem to be losing immediately and quickly. I totally empathize.

However, bear in mind that those who don't have as much to lose generally have slower losses.

Like others say, don't give up! It does, and will, work!!
vovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hang in there! Every body reacts differently to the program, there's no hard and fast rule as to an exact date you will start seeing the pounds drop. More than a few folks here have reported no loss in the first week, then stuck it out and got a huge drop in week 2 - talk to your coach, make sure you are 100% on plan...and if it's stressing you out STOP weighing yourself every day. Stress can trigger hormones that could affect your loss too. Just follow the plan, and give your body time to adjust.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

I had two weeks of 0 loss in my journey and eventually had a 6.8 loss...hang in there! It happens to all of us sometimes it's a gain or sometimes it's just a small loss.

Your body will release it when it's ready. The best thing I did was hide my scale with the encouragement of some people on this forum. I hide it in the VIP's (boyfriend) car trunk so I wouldn't be tempted at his house either.

ALSO, sometimes stressing over it can actually help you RETAIN the weight.

Chin up grasshoppah, follow the plan it will happen!

Last edited by Ishbel; 08-08-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:43 PM   #7  
Back to the old me :)

S/C/G: 138.4/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6 1/2

Thanks, everyone! Your words really help a lot. I'm feeling much better after moping about it the whole day. Hugs!!!
aliceinseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #8  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

Hi aliceinseattle: Let me tell you this. I have much more weight than you to lose (60 pounds) and my first weigh in I lost .6 pounds. I cried. It hurt. I thought I just wasted a whole lot of my money on something that seems to be working for everyone, but not for me! I came here and posted and got some wonderful advice. I felt like I should give it a chance and see what happens. Well my second week I lost 6.6 pounds! I really thought it wasn't going to work and I would be doomed for life with my overly fluffy body. But it IS working. Try hard not to get discouraged. Keep doing everything right, get all of your water in, (I drink more) vitamins, eat clean...stay on it and it WILL work. I've heard it may be a bit slower because you don't have too much to lose, but i've never had that problem before, LOL! Good luck to you!!!
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:54 PM   #9  
Restart 12/29/13

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'2

Based on your starting weight, you probably didn't have terrible eating habits prior to IP. You may not see that big week 1 or week 2 loss that other have. However, you WILL lose weight steadily in the weeks to come if you keep it up.

I only lost 8 pounds my first month, but 10 pounds came off in just 2 weeks after that. Were you working out before IP? I think that was a big reason I had a slow start. My body couldn't figure out what was going on. I was very frustrated and skeptical in the beginning too, but I'm glad I stuck it out. Good luck to you!
RN4Babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Yes. It will work, but slower based onyourvstarting weight.

I have to ask-how did you come up with 118 as a goal? It seems like a very low weight based on your height...
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:34 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstubbs View Post
Hi aliceinseattle: Let me tell you this. I have much more weight than you to lose (60 pounds) and my first weigh in I lost .6 pounds. I cried. It hurt. I thought I just wasted a whole lot of my money on something that seems to be working for everyone, but not for me! I came here and posted and got some wonderful advice. I felt like I should give it a chance and see what happens. Well my second week I lost 6.6 pounds! I really thought it wasn't going to work and I would be doomed for life with my overly fluffy body. But it IS working. Try hard not to get discouraged. Keep doing everything right, get all of your water in, (I drink more) vitamins, eat clean...stay on it and it WILL work. I've heard it may be a bit slower because you don't have too much to lose, but i've never had that problem before, LOL! Good luck to you!!!
I agree with four stubs. You don't have much to lose, so you won't have the ginormous losses that you see. I havwould two weeks with no loss, and I usually average 1 1/2 lbs per week. It works, just give it some time, you will be happy with it vey soon!,
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote