Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 01:16 AM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Smile WW Weekly Chit Chat: 7/23 - 7/29

Hello everyone! Welcome to WW Weekly Chit Chat!

This is a thread for any and all WW users to get to know each other. To talk about their days or weeks. Whether it's plan-related or not. Just a comfy area to chat about things in general. Grab a chair, pick up a cup of hot tea or coffee and relax with everyone!

Please join in at any time
Old 07-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #2  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Well morning/afternoon/eve all.

I am a bit frustrated and need to vent....I can't seem to get back on track and tracking my foods. I have my official weigh in tomorrow but if today is any indication I am up 2lbs, and over all up 5lbs from May. I am watching my portion size, but exercise is not consistent ..yes I have made some poor choices but they have not been major events. HELP

I have to find a way to get inspired again
Old 07-23-2012, 02:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 172.6/158.8/139

Height: 5'4

Hmm what kinds of food are you eating Nancy?

I have my weigh in on Friday. Bit nervous as I go on vacation soon so I was hoping to get out of the 160's.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Nancy....you and I have been in the same boat for the majority of the summer!!! My problem isn't my activity. Going to the gym is just something I do without thinking, but the weight crept up after vacation and just hasn't gone back down. It's so frustrating!!! I am also up about 5 pounds overall since May. I definitely feel your frustration and am living it too!! We WILL do it....it just seems so out of reach right now!!!

I am very frustrated because I just don't know why the scale keeps going up. I tracked every single thing last week and was down 2.2 pounds. Pretty good...but that took care of the 2 pounds I had gained the week before. That was Saturday morning. This morning, I was up the 2.2 pounds again. I don't understand because I really didn't eat anything bad yesterday. Mainly fruits and veggies, banana and ONE munchkin for breakfast, small bit of chicken with potatoes for lunch, a grilled cheeseburger for dinner with salad, and a small frozen yogurt with my niece. Not the best day I guess, but not a day that should put me up more than 2 pounds overnight.

Also, exercise is not something I have to worry about. I go to the gym pretty much everyday for 90+ minutes. I do Zumba two days a week and take walks on top of the Zumba those days. I try to be active throughout the day.

I have actually been handwriting my tracking after doing it online so that I can bring it with me to my WW meeting to maybe sit and ask my leader for tips and/or suggestions if the pounds keep going up this week. I can feel my resolve slipping and I am starting to worry that I'm going to do the "Screw it....I want candy" thing really soon!

I just want to be in the 160's and get past this.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #5  
Work in Progress

LOL oh Chele we so are in the same club. I admit my exercise has not been super consistent since I sprained my hand and wrist in April but it has not really slacked much either. As for food I rarely eat out (maybe once a week and that is lunch--nothing fried) my days are filled with fruits and veggies, only eat a meat and that is about 3-4 oz with dinner. I may have an egg or two a few days a week, but prefer veggies for breakfast. I do admit I like my wine in the evening but I count those points and still am not going over.

Ok so we have vented now what are we going to do about it . I think mine is just a mental motivation thing still and I need to find a way to break this funk. Maybe I need to try a new hobby or different form of exercise rather than the elliptical and weights? But I do not enjoy running, my bike needs repairs, you can only mow the lawn so much.....oh dear I am still venting someone stop me

ok I have to go back to work now ....
Old 07-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #6  
Restarted WW 09/14/13

S/C/G: 193.2/see ticker/152

I too have struggled to stick with it. I do real well for a week or two then the rollercoaster starts again...lol! This has been going on since April, right after I got back from vacation.

I recommitted myself this month and have actually lost a little over 5lbs. What I did was simple....I reworked my closet. This is what I did...I packed up all my clothes that fit well and left the clothes that were too tight. At the time I was so uncomfortable and I kept telling myself "if I just lose a few pounds these pants will feel better on me" and sure enough 2 weeks later they were more comfortable. Today I put on a pair of dress capris and they are actually loose when just 3 weeks ago they were tight.

Maybe try that for a few weeks and see if it works for you? It's hard to stick with it but I just take it one day at a time and write down everything I eat, I don't eat any of my activity points. I do eat my weeklies but usually eat them on the weekends, during the week I stick to my 26 a day.

All we can do it try our best everyday and hope that our best is enough !

Have an awesome day everyone and thanks for posting, I enjoy the support so much!
Old 07-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #7  
Work in Progress

I had a good day yesterday and even got an hour in the gym...got to love activity points. last night I made ww friendly fish and chips...

So today I am pushing water, eating veggies and am stumped on what to fix for dinner tonight (the only family meal) I have some leftover chicken breast and a left over slice of pork loin...I am going to need to get creative LOL
Old 07-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #8  

I've been having a good week so far....definitely staying within my points, working out like it's my job, and finding other ways to be active/do something besides eat snacks!!

Saturday morning weigh in will be the test, but I'm actually feeling optimistic this week, so that's a start
Old 07-25-2012, 02:17 PM   #9  
m3k
One LB at a time...

S/C/G: 222/Ticker/160

Height: 5' 6"

I've been doing well here. I'm just in the midst of week 5, and I've lost 17 total lbs, 13.6 of those since I started actually doing WW.

For me, that's pretty good! The only thing that stinks is that I have my appetite back and I'm not losing as quickly. So I'm hungry all day with nothing to show for it.

Time for a diet/exercise adjustment I think!

I'm just starting the Couch to 5k now again, this time running outside. Whee is it a challenge! Day 2 of week 1 is today, so we'll see how that goes!
Old 07-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #10  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

I am finally getting back on track. Hoping to keep it going to show a 3lb loss for July. I think that these are the toughest months to lose weight. We just got to keep pushing through, still losing or just maintaining. So close to Lifetime. Very ready for it.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #11  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

You guys can do it! I have confidence in ALL of you!! Just take it one day, heck one meal, at a time. That's all you can really do
Old 07-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5 1/2

Well guys same here. After coming back from vacation it was hard to get back on track. Been up and down too with my weight (for a month since vacay). Two weeks ago finally went back to the wieght that I had before going on vacation but last week I went up again. So of course been ranting about it. But this week I said to myself girl you better get back on track. With all the money you're paying for the membership being on WW and all those weight that I lost since March must not all go down the drain. So this week been good (so far). And yes earlier today was my WI and I lost 3 lbs! I finally left and passed the weight I have been having the whole month (193-196). That's the answer to all my rants and frustrations ~~ Track and Portion control!

So guys dont worry we all can surpass this. We can do it!!
Old 07-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #13  

I was doing so well all week long and was really excited for weigh in yesterday....UP AGAIN!!! I don't understand. It's so frustrating. I stayed after the meeting to talk with my leader and she (and my friend who I go with agreed with her) that I might be doing too much at the gym. Since I am a teacher and have the summer off, I spend a good amount of time at the gym each day. She suggested maybe cutting back a bit on the gym time....either scheduling in a rest day or two instead of going seven days a week or cutting back on the time I am there.

So, I actually went straight home after the meeting yesterday and skipped the gym. That is a HUGE thing for me. I've been doing a bit more running on the treadmill when there, and because of that, I have been feeling a bit more achy lately and am hoping that the extra time off might help with that as well.

Of course, we had my niece's birthday party yesterday afternoon and I was feeling really frustrated and pissed off about being up yesterday that I binged big time and am now up about 5 pounds from yesterday's weight. Yay me....I need to stop this behavior. It's such a vicious cycle and I am just setting myself up for more and more failure and bad feelings. I feel awful today (both physically and mentally), and just full and blah.

But I am planning on starting fresh today and act like it's my first week on WW and really try to follow the plan to a tee and get back on track. I owe it to myself to not kill all my hard work at this point.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #14  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Hoping to show a loss tomorrow. Pretty soon I will start heading back to meetings with a little less than 15lbs to go. Haven't been since I weighed in the 200s. I just really don't understand what happened to all of the meeting locations. Every single one I have been to has been closed.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

Well, I lost 3 pounds last week. The online tracker scolded me for losing too fast. I've been having trouble eating all my points. I need to change that.
Closed Thread