Old 07-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/130 mini goal 228

Height: 5'6"

Smile It's working! Thank you ladies of 3FC!

I have to say this is the first time in my life that I have ever counted calories. I never really thought it would work. Since I started counting calories my appetite is more satisfied from eating the right foods and I'm taking in less calories at the same time. My weight before I had my hysterectomy and before counting calories was 262. My official start weight when I started counting calories was 254. Today I got on the scale and I am down to 246! If I had not found this site I probably would be on another yo-yo diet and not counting calories, so I want to say thank you ladies of 3FC! I know I have a long way to go but it's a start and I'm doing it the healthy and right way!
MyLilSweetPeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations on a great start. I agree calorie counting is the way to go. It works best for me and I had tried many other diets before settling on calorie counting.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 299/Ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Good job!! I was always in the low carb mindset so switiching to calorie counting was hard for me but now it is so easy and I have loads more energy.
Dragonfly33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #4  

Dragonfly, I was on a low carb diet several years ago and I lost 20 lbs but I finally gave in and binged. I gained all the weight back plus some. Back then I was in onederland and I can't help but think how things might have been different if I knew about counting calories back then. Oh well.

Now that I can't have anymore kids I thought to myself that I should start taking better care of myself. I looked up some stuff online and here I am.

Another little happy that I noticed (I guess it would be a NSV)... Normally when I walk my shorts would ride up in the middle where my thighs meet. Yesterday when I was walking I realized that my shorts aren't riding up in the thighs so much. I haven't measured yet but it really made me feel good to know that Im losing inches, especially in my thighs. I have always had big thighs and butt. In high school my HW was 130 and because of my thighs I got called thunder thighs. It made me think I was so fat. Looking back now I know I wasn't fat. I will appreciate my goal weight when I get there.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #5  

Bargoo, thank you. Congrats on your success! I look at a lot of tickers and it's so encouraging to see ones like yours... And there are so many. I know if one person can do it so can I but I see on here that A LOT of people can do it so surely I can too. Y'all are very encouraging :-)
Old 07-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #6  
Losing tiny horses

S/C/G: 173/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Congrats! I do both low carb and calorie counting together. When I was exclusively calorie counting I could get by for a month or so before I was famished and binged. I guess too much sugar makes for a hungry girl!

Again, amazing progress and keep doing what you're doing!
carbstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 299/Ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbstart View Post
Congrats! I do both low carb and calorie counting together. When I was exclusively calorie counting I could get by for a month or so before I was famished and binged. I guess too much sugar makes for a hungry girl!

Again, amazing progress and keep doing what you're doing!
I am eating controlled carbs as well, so no white flower or sugar, everything is measured and weighed etc. and I eat every 2 to 3 hours combining complex carbs and protein. I never really feel hungry and if I do, it's just about time to eat. I usually make it to 1300 calories a day but I am SUPPOSED to eat 1500-1800 calories.

Keep up the great work ladies!!
Dragonfly33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #8  

Thanks carbstart. I'm not sure how to do both, lol. But I don't eat a lot of bread, potatoes or rice anymore. Sometimes I have a healthy sandwich on wheat bread (the real kind). Other than that I eat special k cereal with almond milk. I haven't checked the cards on that though. I used to be a simple carb junkie. It was my weakness... Soda, mac&cheese, anything made with potatoes. I don't eat those anymore. You are doing so good on your journey also. It has to feel good to be in good health!
Old 07-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/177/175

Height: 5'7

Isn't it a revelation?! One thing I like about calorie counting (and as evidenced in some of this thread) is that it ends up being less about just simple calories and more about understanding your own body and what it needs. Love it. Keep up the good work, MyLilSweetPeas!
scout83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly33 View Post
I am eating controlled carbs as well, so no white flower or sugar, everything is measured and weighed etc. and I eat every 2 to 3 hours combining complex carbs and protein. I never really feel hungry and if I do, it's just about time to eat. I usually make it to 1300 calories a day but I am SUPPOSED to eat 1500-1800 calories.

Keep up the great work ladies!!
This is what I try to do. I'm right there with you on the SUPPOSED to part. Sometimes I find it hard to reach my daily goal because I'm just not hungry. I guess that would be from drinking water and from better quality food. I eat mostly turnip greens, broccoli, carrots, Brussel sprouts, chicken, some beef, tuna, eggs, peas, butter beans, romaine lettuce, apples, strawberries, grapes. I was eating raisin bran but someone here pointed out all the sugar in it so I switched to special k and almond milk instead of regular 2%. There's so much I don't know and I'm trying to learn from this site.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:02 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout83 View Post
Isn't it a revelation?! One thing I like about calorie counting (and as evidenced in some of this thread) is that it ends up being less about just simple calories and more about understanding your own body and what it needs. Love it. Keep up the good work, MyLilSweetPeas!
Yes, yes, yes! I have found this to be true! Instead of eating junk food, being left with 0 calories at 2 in the afternoon and feeling like I'm starving, I have noticed I can eat better food and get more bang for the calories...and I don't feel hungry unless it's pretty close to time to eat. It's great!
Old 07-20-2012, 08:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 191/149/135

Height: 5'8

Calorie counting is the only thing that works for me, and in addition I try to stick to low fat, high fiber foods.
Mer du Japon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #13  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Default re:

Yep, I've had the best results with calorie counting as well. I don't count carbs or anything like that and will eat anything as long as it's under my calorie limit. I find that restricting calories tends to keep carbs and fat pretty much in line as well.

The key for me though has been logging the items I eat. (even though I eat the same things pretty much every day and know what calories are in them) I notice that when I don't log, I tend to stray. There's something mentally powerful about seeing what you are eating.

Last edited by Vex; 07-20-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote