Old 07-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

Default Biggest Hurdle for me and u so far??

I recently just started calorie counting. I use the loseit! app and try and eat whole foods. I get recipes from clean eating and try to get a lot of low cal foods in. I eat every 3 hours and eat most of my cals with breakfast and lunch. Im more hungry in the am.

Anyways the biggest hurdle ive noticed so far is not having that full feeling. Im not starving all the time. Im satisfied and ive never liked the feeling of not being overly full. But now Im glad I dont have that issue anymore.

Im always under or exactly at my cals. Ive completely given up soda. Which for me is crazyyy. I dont like diet soda so it was easier to just stop drinking it and I dont miss it.

I take it one week at a time because thinking about the big picture of needed to lose over 100 lbs makes me sad lol.

This website and sick of hearing that my face is pretty if i just would lose weight has given me the kick in the booty i needed. I also dont want to have problems later. Blood pressure, having a baby, not being able to do everyday things. Walking, shopping, etc.

In the end I hope to be happy with my body, off my anxiety meds, and not ashamed to be in a bathing suit. Im a happy fat person most of the time. I still go to the beach and pool even though i know ppl are secretly like eww. I dont however go out partying or to many social events due to fear of rejection. Which I hope to be able to work through these.

Anyone care to share your biggest hurdles/ stuff you learned
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9''

I cant really think of one big hurdle for me because saying no to food for me is hard every time. My best advice would have to be not to get discouraged. If you want to take in alot of calories one day think about it realistically. If I want to have the piece of cake I cant get mad when I get on the scale and I didnt lose anything.
Good Luck!
angie7896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

I understand what you mean about the "full feeling". I miss it, too. But, sometimes now.. when I do have that feeling... I don't like it. I feel bloated and uncomfortable. Overfull. So, I'm trying to train myself to recognize when I'm satisfied, rather than overfull.

My personal hurdle.. which I have not yet bettered... is that I can follow my plan with out one cheat for about 4 months... but then.. just as progress starts to show.... then... I just can't do it anymore. I feel deprived. Somehow I get stuck. I get tired of eating the foods I'm eating. My tricks wear out. I just hit a mental and physical wall. It's happened so many times. This time, I'm just past that 4 month point. Ive had a rough month.... BUT.... I think.. I'm going to make it. I think I'm going to be able to push through.

I think I can.. I think I can.... I think I can...

Best wishes to all of us!
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #4  

Beth- You can do it. Youve lost 20 lbs already. Thats a lot. For me I have 100 lbs to lose but every lb i lose is 1 i didnt gain! WE CAN DO THIS LADIES!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 01:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/257/157

Height: 5'7"

My biggest hurdle has been controlling my weekends. I was cheating (planned) every Saturday, but then it spilled over into Sunday. Doing this for weeks on end has slowed my weight loss down, and I want to cut back the cheat days to one or two a month only, but it's been very, very hard.
PinkLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/177/175

My biggest obstacle has been listening to my own body and trusting myself. I love information, and it's easy for me to want to get caught up with the wealth of it on the internet (including here at 3fc). But this is really about finding what's right for me. So, I'm finding that balance between being open to new ideas and learning from science, but also trusting myself to know my own needs and wants.

Also, I'm really learning the value of "clean" eating. Hitting those fruit and veg recommendations, and I'm finding my taste for a lot of "bad" foods has gone. Pretty cool.

Best to you, Breannaj1215!
scout83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 287/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

My biggest obstacle is controlling my eating when the food is out of my control, like at dinner parties, out to dinner with friends, etc. I really have to learn to just say no, and not worry what people think.

My other obstacle is not getting discouraged when the scale isn't reflecting what I feel like was really hard work. When I feel like I've been really trying and it was a struggle (i.e. I turned down the cake, I didn't eat out, etc.) and then the scale doesn't budge. It is hard for me to stay patient through those times.

I get very, very overwhelmed when I think about how much I have to lose. To help with that, I've made a list of several mini-goals and I just focus on the one right ahead of me. Today, I officially lost 5% of my starting weight (my 2nd mini-goal). Instead of thinking about how much more I have to do, I am trying to think that I only have to do that 7 more times. And now I move on to my next mini-goal.
Texas Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Breanna, this is a wonderful post. I've been thinking about it since I left it earlier today. Thank you for the well wishes, and yes, I agree, we CAN do this.

All of us CAN.
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #9  

Old 07-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

my bigggest obstacle is sticking with tracking even when the weight is crawling off me so slowly I can barely see it. I'm talking like less than a pound a week, with lots of zero loss weeks. My nutritionist says I'm doing it right, it will take my body a few weeks to catch up, etc. but still. It's hard.

I eat lots of protein within my calorie ranges, and have integrated wine, burgers, beer and tacos into my plan so I'm never feeling deprived. But I do often feel like "helloooo body! are you getting the memo about all the changes I'm making?!"
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #11  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

seagirl, I'm having the same trouble tracking my calories lately. I know I'm eating too much to lose much of anything but I just can't seem to cut back, so tracking seems pointless.

breannaj, when I first started losing last summer (also using Lose It, which I love even when I'm not so good at tracking!), I also missed that feeling of being full. So, one night, I had an extra piece of chicken and felt stuffed - and didn't like it at all. I too am trying to find that feeling of "enough." It's still a challenge. Good luck!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:51 AM   #12  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Your stomach will adjust to the new foods it's being given. Your brain will re-define what "full" feels like. Heck, one day in the future, you'll sit down to a big ol' burrito (or whatever your Ultimate Indulgence Food is) and half way through you'll be full and totally amazed that you could ever finish such a thing!

Congratulations on being consistent, using an app to track calories, and all around being fabulous! Keep asking questions and hanging out around here...I am excited to see your progress!!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:50 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breannaj1215 View Post
I eat most of my cals with breakfast and lunch. Im more hungry in the am.
I do the same and it's been working well for me, both physically and mentally. I know that some people like to "save" most of their calories for the evening, but it wouldn't work for me because I'd be spending the day thinking about what I could eat in the evening. This way I get to feel satisfied most of the day and figure I experience my greatest "hunger" while sleeping.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #14  
"I AM..."

S/C/G: 295/285.7/150

Height: 5'9" - Reset 1-24-2014

The fact that you have that mental clarity - you know where your weakness is, where you have faultered in the past and that you are almost past that point makes it very clear that you will make it. Keep going. Don't ever stop again!
sept2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #15  

Very true ladies ) strangly that over full feelings been gone for 2 weeks and im finally feeling like its ok !!!!