Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 03:05 AM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Talking WW Weekly Chit Chat: 7/16 - 7/22

Hello everyone! Welcome to WW Weekly Chit Chat!

This is a thread for any and all WW users to get to know each other. To talk about their days or weeks. Whether it's plan-related or not. Just a comfy area to chat about things in general. Grab a chair, pick up a cup of hot tea or coffee and relax with everyone!

Please join in at any time
Old 07-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi there! I just joined this site and I'm pleased to have found the WW section. I've been on WW since January and as of this past weekend, I've lost 53 pounds. I'm pleased at punch with WW.

I'm not so pleased with other parts of my life, though. I got fired from my job on the 10th. It was awful. But, my previous employer has asked me to come back! So, I have a week or so of not working then I'll be back at the grind. This has been very difficult to me. I've never been fired before; I'd always left my employers on good terms. I'm angry and hurt and brooding more than a good bit.

The good news, though, is that I'm staying OP with WW. In fact, it's a positive touch stone for me during this tough time.

Uh...

I babble sometimes too. Can you tell?

Last edited by Garnet2727; 07-17-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:27 PM   #3  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Garnet! I sometimes babble too, so don't worry

I am so sorry to hear about your job situation. How fortunate that your previous employer wants you back, clearly they appreciate you!! And good for you for staying on point through this. Seriously. That takes real strength!
Old 07-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #4  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good for you for staying positive Garnet!

I am going to try out a new recipe I found in an old ww mag. cauliflower cassorole I can't wait! I am going to have that with some grilled Salmon on Thursday
Old 07-17-2012, 10:58 PM   #5  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Smile hello all!

welcome Garnet!

today has been a busy day for me. Getting ready to go out of town tomorrow through the weekend. But I have stayed on plan. Yay! Hopefully my whole trip I will be able to say the same thing. I walked through the forest with a friend this morning and I wish I'd remembered my camera. Lots of scenic photo opportunities. Didn't get a chance to do water aerobics or the treadmill today though.

I joined the YMCA today. Didn't get to stay and work out with so many things to do but I'm glad I joined. It'll be here when I get back. Also, there is a Y in the city I'll be visiting and if I have time i'll pop in there!
Old 07-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #6  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbygirl253 View Post
Also, there is a Y in the city I'll be visiting and if I have time i'll pop in there!
I have found that if I make a point to plan to exercise on vacation I'm more likely to do it, so good for you for looking into seeing if there is one in the city you're going to!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:11 AM   #7  
Work in Progress

Ok I have officially added weight training to my exercise routine and today will be the second time this week....gosh I am sore from tuesday but I know the more muscle I build the more calories I burn which = more weight loss with less effort...I think?

And tonight for dinner grilled salmon on a cedar plank, cauliflower casserole and a splurge of cornbread. Can't wait
Old 07-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

I just went to the local unemployment office here as required. I am nonplussed. All they had me do was to sit down, log on to a state website here and prove that I'd entered my resume. While I am pleased that I didn't have to spend my entire morning in a tangle of bureaucracy, I am wondering why in the world one automated system couldn't talk to another automated system to validate that information. Gas ain't cheap and that was really a wasted trip.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #9  
Work in Progress

Well did not get to get in the weights last night but did this morning and on that ambitious note I am wondering if it is too much to get in some elliptical time in today too....see my goal is to get in my activity points now so I don't have to think about it this weekend??? LOL

Garnet I am sorry things are a bit crazy for you and I hear ya on the tangle of bureaucracy I get so fed up with it. I don't see an easy fix either or even a complicated fix...okok I have to stop this rant before I really get started on goverment dysfuntionality.

anyway on a happy note....I tried on a new pair of shorts I scored at the local thrift shop ..I am a bit disappointed they are so snug I really thought they would fit better but I am determined to wear them LOL
Closed Thread