Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #1  

Height: 5'9"

Default Carrot cake

I ate it. It was good. It was better than good. I have no regrets. Tomorrow will consist of "regular" food and moderate exercise.
Just know that if you occasionally eat something you really want, it is not the end. Just begin again. I wanted this carrot cake for weeks. Now I have had it. I have wanted this weight loss success for a lot longer than a few weeks. The weight loss wins. And so will I. So can you.
Don't give up just because you ate fill in the blank. You can succeed but you have to keep going! No amount of carrot cake or anything else can stand in your way unless YOU let it. Now get moving!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/242/155

Height: 5'8"

I did that with ice cream the other night. I wanted it for so long and since I ate it without letting myself feel guilt about it I ate way less than I normally would. Treats are a good thing as long as they really are just treats and not the norm. At least that is what I think.
cinderelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #3  

Height: 5'2"

having homemade pizza & hard cider tonight...totally have the calories left for it
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:03 AM   #4  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I ate the most awesome, 1/2 slice of frozen lemon cheesecake you will ever put in your mouth on Saturday. It was worth it. Worked it off pushing my grand daughter around and around in her stroller at a family reunion.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 132/100/100

Height: 5'1

I do this every week with a cheat/refeed day Although for the last 2 weeks it has been twice a week because of special occasions (friend's birthday and my dad being back in town).

As I refuse to let myself feel bad about it since it's a lifestyle I can maintain in the future, I don't tend to really gorge myself. Plus I can't live life without some ice cream and cake!
Kayriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 244/218.2/150

Height: 5'6"

I did that last week. Made no difference - I still lost over 2 lbs that week. I agree withe Kayriel and cinderelly, really. However, I don't have a terribly sweet tooth so rarely want sweet stuff & can easily eat it in moderation; I can appreciate it must be harder if that's your weakness!

Last edited by Northernrose; 06-26-2012 at 05:18 AM.
Northernrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #7  

Height: 5'9"

I'm glad to see that so many people are down with acepting that losing weight does not have to be strict deprivation. I think it's awesome!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'6''... and a half

Mmm... carrot cake! This is why I have a cheat day; carrot cake... and other cakes. It's better to allow yourself that item than to turn that craving/want into a binge.
EricAnn is offline   Reply With Quote