Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 06-23-2012, 05:44 PM   #1  
imp

S/C/G: WLS 232/C 113/G 125

Height: 5'5"

Default Shopping in the Normal Sizes - NSV :)

It's been a weird week. My weight is going away nicely, but I ended up needing the Climara patch to keep me from crying at stupid stuff. Apparently my estrogen levels have taken quite a drop since surgery. And then it took my pharmacy like three days to get a grip on the prescription and have it available, so by the time I got the patch yesterday I was ready to go over the counter and explain things physically to the very sweet pharmacist. He looked like he just wanted to give me a candy bar and make me sane

Anyway, I got the patch, and then I decided to drop in on TJ Maxx because my lovely mom and her lovely sapphire credit card were with me, and she is nice like that. Also I think she didn't want me to cry.

I hauled 15 things into the fitting room. I ended up with a size 14 Calvin Klein tank dress, a size L skirt, two size L tops, and a size 14 one-piece swimsuit that will be too big in a month but fits now. In fact, I think most of that stuff will be too big in a month or two, but OMG I CAN WEAR NORMAL SIZES NOW!

I haven't been able to shop in normal sizes in years. YEARS. I think my hormones fixed themselves at the cash register.
imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

LOL!!!! great post, Imp. and i'm thrilled that you have your patch. as for the normal sizes - that's a wonderful accomplishment. when i'm down in the lower sizes, i absolutely freak out because there are SO many more choices and i just can't handle it.

glad you haven't suffered that sort of weirdness, though. congratulations!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:23 AM   #3  
Creepin' in the Corner

S/C/G: 300/272/160

Grats! That's so frickin' awesome! I can't wait for the 'new clothes' stage
You're doing fab!
retrogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:56 AM   #4  
imp

I feel like, as the weight comes off, I'm going to have to watch my shopping.

I used to be a clotheshorse when I was naturally thin. In my teens I dressed to kill. I didn't realize until lately how much I had just let that part of me go, and worn what I could afford or what fit.

Now I can go to all the cool stores I like (mostly online, because mostly what I love is not available in the Ozarks) and eyeball stuff that either fits now or will fit soon or will fit great after plastics. This is funny because I have neither the budget or the body, yet, for many of those items. I mean, plastics is something I am not likely to have the budget for, even.

Seriously, why was I staring down a pair of Louboutin pumps and a Black Milk tank dress last night? Unnecessary. Pretty, though.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #5  

Congratulations!!!! I know that must feel so good to be able to shop in the normal sizes and dress to kill again. Sounds like you are getting your groove back...lol awesome

Lulu
Lulu Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

YAY!!! I long for the day when I can shop normal sizes!!
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #7  
imp

LOL, ANNNDDD then I got over it.

Here's what happened. We took out the boat and the waverunner for the 5th of July (family tradition) and it was me, my post-op dad, my mom, my 5'9" size 2 daughter, her actor fiance', my 15 year old son, and my "extra" daughter, who is my height and Marilyn Monroe curvy - probably a size 10, but with a little waist. Then there's me, in my size 14 swimsuit and my still-fat arms and general bulky bulk, with bonus added lifejacket and a little sag to the skin. What the WHAT, people?!

Now, I will have y'all know that I drove that waverunner ***** like a goddess. But I still look like this:

I'm still fat. Ouch, man. Ouch.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #8  
Old Cackler

you look HAPPY!!!! and you're doing something you LOVE. what's wrong with that??
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #9  
imp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffypop View Post
you look HAPPY!!!! and you're doing something you LOVE. what's wrong with that??
I love you, jiffypop. I just do. You always say just the right thing at just the right time

And you're right. I had a blast. Even my future son-in-law thinks I'm awesome, so that helps a lot. And in his defense he is much prettier than that pic, too, so I vote we blame my dad for unflattering pics all the way around

Speaking of dad, here he is 4 1/2 months out and down to a 36-38 waist from his usual 46+. I think we weigh about the same now. He looks awesome for an old guy!

Old 07-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Great pics! Everyone looks like they are having fun!! Heck I am not even sure I could fit in a life jacket! Keep up the good work!!
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote