Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #1  

Default Still gaining weight after vacation. XD

Hey guys, so I got married on 5/27/12 and we went on our honeymoon immediately afterwards.

About 20 or so days before the wedding, my weight was holding steady around 153 lbs, but I still had a lot of body fat for my build. I started doing some workout dvds in a rotation(30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, some Cindy Whitmarsh dvds) and I did them about 5-6 days a week. I noticed immediately upon adding in the exercise that the weight on the scale started creeping up, even though I was still adhering to my calorie limit of 1600-1800. I know that this can be a result of water weight and things changing and doesn't neccessarily indicate fat gain. By my wedding, I was 156 lbs, but I did feel that I was seeing improvements in my appearance for sure.

We went on the honeymoon to Jamaica and we did eat/drink quite a bit more than usual. I did not do any dedicated exercise there, but we were still fairly active as we did a LOT of walking. I expected that I had probably gained a few lbs from the excess calories and I made peace with that. When I got home, the scale read 158.6. I accepted this and the very next day started back on plan with a healthier diet and exercise.

However, I've noticed that even since being back(returned Sunday), every day went I get on the scale it is still creeping up? 158.6 to 158.9 to 159.3 to 159.9 and today 160.3. It's a little disheartening to see that I'm back in the 160s again, honestly. I understand that some of it may again be water weight from the trip and from starting to exercise again--I guess I just want to hear someone elses opinion than my own since I have effectively gone up 8 lbs in 3 weeks on the scale. Thanks!
jhinako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 233/222/150

Height: 5'8"

Did you fly? I've noticed that for some reason, whenever I fly on an airplane I bloat immensely. For some reason, my body just decides to hold onto water, and normally it takes a couple of weeks to completely get rid of it all. Not sure if this is your problem, but it could be a combination if this and muscle building. : ) Good luck, and remember to not give up! Eventually, the number will start going back down again.
AbstractSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/114

Height: 5'3"

i'm kind of in a similar boat as you. i went to thailand for vacation during the middle of may, & the following 2 1/2 weeks my weight was all over the place, but slightly increasing. not really sure why it happened, but i think my body was confused cause of the different (more junk) food i was eating compared to when i was at home. maybe your body just needs time to readjust & get used to the activity & the food you're putting into it. it should start heading down again soon~ good luck!
delyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/161/125

Height: 5'5

I know how you feel, my bf and i just got back from his brothers wedding, yes we indulged a bit but once we got back i weighed myself and saw that within the two weeks i had gained near 6lbs. very dishartening..but dont give up just need to get back in the swing of things, i know i started back up with healthy food and exercise and refuse to weigh for a full week so i dont mess with my mind as much, cause i will obsess over what the scale says.
Just keep going! we can do it !
Love Paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Is it around you TOM? I know I retain as much as 5 pounds a couple days before mine starts.
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #6  

Do you weigh and measure your food? I ask because studies have shown that when people add exercise into their routines, it can have a minimal benefit because some people inadvertently eat more because the body wants more (because it's burning more). Without knowing it, maybe "portion creep" is happening. Or maybe you're taking a bite here, a nibble there, etc. If you don't weigh & measure your food, I would start with that.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote